• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman dies of suspected swine flu - UAE

Source: http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Health/10345515.html

Sharjah woman dies of suspected swine flu
    By Wafa Issa, Staff Reporter
    Published: September 01, 2009, 23:12

Dubai: A 28-year-old woman died in Sharjah Tuesday allegedly because of suspected swine flu, Gulf News has learnt. R.A, a Syrian woman, was admitted to Al Zahra Hospital on August 18 suffering from chest pain, coughing, diarrhoea and high fever.

She was initially diagnosed with pneumonia and was being treated for that. But she continued to deteriorate and on August 30 medical tests revealed that she was infected with the H1N1 virus, sources close to the family told Gulf News.

The hospital started treating the woman for swine flu on Sunday, but she died around 3am Tuesday, according to the same source.

Dr Mohammad Tarik, Marketing and Public Relations Manager, confirmed the death case at the hospital but did not disclose any further details citing "the need to respect patient confidentiality".

The Ministry of Health has formed a committee to investigate the causes behind the woman's death, according to a statement issued by WAM.

Dr Ali Bin Shaker, Director General at the Ministry of Health said in the statement that the committee was formed after the ministry received information on the death of a woman in one of the country's hospitals.

"As per the medical accountability law we have formed a committee to look into this case to determine the responsibility for the death," said Bin Shaker.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X