X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-swine flu vaccination in Azerbaijan to start next week

Anti-swine flu vaccination in Azerbaijan to start next week
    Sat 09 January 2010 | 05:38 GMT Text size:

anti swine flu vaccine First shipment of WHO?s anti-swine flu vaccines arrives in Azerbaijan.

First shipment of anti-A/H1N1 vaccines sent by the World Health Organization arrived in Azerbaijan on Friday, Deputy Director of the Republican Anti-Plague Station Shair Gurbanov told. The vaccines were sent to the Innovation Center of the Health Ministry and packed in the refrigerators. The vaccines are documented now.

Gurbanov said the vaccines would be shared among the polyclinics in the next two days. ?The medical workers will be shortly briefed about the vaccines and the list of persons to be inoculated is also ready. The inoculation will be started next Tuesday?.

172 000 ? dose vaccines were produced by Belgian GlaxoSmithKline in Canada. Second plane carried the parties of vaccines will arrive in Azerbaijan on January 14.

APA

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Anti-swine flu vaccination in Azerbaijan to start next week

Thousands vaccinated against swine flu in Baku
    Tue 19 January 2010 | 05:16 GMT Text size:

Last week, 2,015 people were vaccinated against swine flu in the Azerbaijani capital Baku.

The vaccination program began on 13 January, a head of department at the Republican Hygiene and Epidemiology Centre, Emin Babayev, told APA on Monday.

It's not yet known how many people have been vaccinated in Sumqayit and Absheron District.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has sent 172,000 doses of vaccine against A/H1N1 to Azerbaijan. The first batch of 90,000 doses arrived on 8 January and the second batch of 82,000 doses arrived on the 14th.

APA
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X