Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan 2016: Drought, malnutrition in Tharparkar - 500 deaths, mostly children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine more infants die at Thar within two days due to malnutrition

September 9, 2016 News Desk Travel & Tourism

MITHI: Nine more babies died of malnutrition and diseases at Civil Hospital Mithi during past two days raising the toll to 329 this year according to the officials of the health department. Those died included infants of Kanji Bheel, Badal, Ramesh Kumar, Werso Mal and two months Atim, Parvati of three months, Bhojo of one month and Sarmad of one month.
    According to the unofficial reports so far over 463 kids have lost their lives in Thar due to the outbreak of the diseases and malnutrition. While, the unpaid 598 workers of the health department continued their protest against the non-payment of their salaries for 14 months.

- See more at: http://thepioneer.com.pk/nine-more-i....2QrPmIyq.dpuf
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

14 more children die in Thar
      By: Staff Report
      24-Sep-16

Mithi: Approximately 14 more children died in Thar within past three days due to malnutrition and outbreak
      of diseases.

As per details received from Mithi, Thar, three month old Liaquat, six months old Pancho, one month old Jameel Ahmed, and two infants Abdul Hai and Imam Bux died on Friday.

Also, two month old Hussain, three month old Jalil, two months old Sarwan, and six newborns namely Parkash, Ranbeer, Zulfikar, Waseem Ahmed, Mohen Lal and Prem lost their lives in past three days.

The death toll including these 14 recent deaths rose to 496 this year.
        Mithi: Approximately 14 more children died in Thar within past three days due to malnutrition and outbreak of diseases. As per details received from Mithi, Thar, three month old Liaquat, six months old Pancho, one month old Jameel Ahmed, and two infants Abdul Hai and Imam Bux died on Friday. Also, two month old […]
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Nine more kids die due to malnutrition at Thar

October 1, 2016 Monitoring Desk Pakistan

MITHI: Nine more kids died of diseases and malnutrition at Civil Hospital Mithi during past four days. According to details infants of Naroo, Ali Nawaz Soomro, Ali Anwer and Wero Kolhi, Mohammad Bux Lund, Prem Das, one-month Maria, Rabia of 13 months and four years Varshia, died at Civil Hospital Mithi raising the death toll to 361 since January this year.
        MITHI: Nine more kids died of diseases and malnutrition at Civil Hospital Mithi during past four days. According to details infants of Naroo, Ali Nawaz Soomro, Ali Anwer and Wero Kolhi, Mohammad Bu…

Comment: The official death toll was 329 on Sep 9th. The unofficial death toll is now over 500, mostly children. - Ro

Comment

Working...
        X