Drive Thru Health Clinics - Federal State and Local advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Thru Health Clinics - Federal State and Local advice

A thread a while back spoke about how the VA planned to have "drive thru" clinics in the VA parking lot in case of a pandemic.

I made a joke about federalizing McDonalds to perform this service.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
    • McDonalds locations are located throughout the US - therefore everyone knows where they are
    • Locations are based upon population density - therefore more locations are at locations where they are needed
    • Fast Food will not be an economic enterprise during a severe pandemic - therefore will not be used during an outbreak otherwise
    • Most Drive thru locations have an intercom/ tv camera system set up to have private discussions with patients
    • Utilizing the drive thrus will help with the lack of PPE for the medical staff
      The Fed government can utilize the Mcdonalds food distribution network for distribution of vaccines and or other medicines
    • For patients with complaints other than influenza, allows them to still see a doctor without be subjected to possible infection. i.e each vehicle is it's own private little waiting room

Downsides?
    • the assmumption that cars have gas to go thru lines
    • The assumption that electricity is available to power speakers
    • The assumption that enough health workers will be available to man each macdonalds.

Re: Drive Thru Health Clinics - Federal State and Local advice

How about the Chick-Fil-As? They will not need them. Snowy's idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida1
      How about the Chick-Fil-As? They will not need them. Snowy's idea.
      Chick - Fil - A's , KFC, and chicken chains do not have enough market penetration. For example, I do not think there is a chick fil A in the Pacific Northwest.

Also, If there were an AVIAN Pandemic, do you really think the public is going to want to go to an avian fast food joint? even for medicine?

Comment

Originally posted by eladdie
        . . . I made a joke about federalizing McDonalds to perform this service.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
        Eladdie, I think it is very creative thinking. You have outlined the pros and cons. We will need more creative thinking before a pandemic occurs if we are to have any hope of protecting the masses. McDonald's has a national stigma and is the butt of many jokes. If there were a national chain of drive-thru pharmacies, no one would be joking about your suggestion.
        http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some of our local MacDonalds have been used as pharmacies in the past (illegal pharmacies dispensing illegal narcotics)... but that isn't relevant.

Here are some drive thru pharmacies.... I hope they are preparing their workers.

Edited: Pharmacies don't equal clinics. Pharmacies may be the last best hope for people if they cannot purchase prescription medications during a pandemic. Few people will know about homeopathic, natural, and alternative treatments available from some pharmacies.
          "Predictable is Preventable" by Safety Expert Dr. Gordon Graham.

Comment

my 2 cents worth back then was a "GAS 'n VAX."

Use the gas stations, as they have multiple drive thrus!

How about car wash bays?

Drive thru bank lines!

etc.

etc.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
            X