Belgians use horse drawn garbage carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belgians use horse drawn garbage carts

Belgians use horse drawn garbage carts. The video states this program was inspired by similar ones currently operating in France. With the economic uncertainties and the threat of further fossil fuel price hikes horse drawn vehicles may offer some advantages. Should a situation arise where just-in-time fuel deliveries were interrupted hay burners may be easier to fuel. Horse drawn vehicles are also slower and allow for more interaction with the public. Feedback from this interaction may be helpful to local governments in identifying problems or areas the need specific assistance.

It also stated the program's specially designed carts cost: $70,000! Maybe the communities initiating these programs should talk to some of the Amish in my area. Even with the cost of importation I would not be surprised if they could cut that cost significantly and still deliver a quality product built to specifications. When I tell my neighbors about this I'm not sure they will believe me. $70K for a wagon? Maybe something was lost in the translation?

We were put on this earth to help and take care of one another.
Working...
X