Wolfram|Alpha: New Search Engine, Really Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfram|Alpha: New Search Engine, Really Cool

So I am not sure if everyone has heard about this new search engine called Wolfram|Alpha. It is one of the coolest engines I have seen in a while. It should be released sometime this month. I just watched the introduction and it really is something to check out.

Screencasts and videos about Mathematica, CDF, Wolfram|Alpha, other Wolfram Products including: overviews, capabilities, tutorials, user stories, uses and examples

I can definetly see this of being use to our community.

Turn your volume up.

Jeremy

Re: Wolfram|Alpha: New Search Engine, Really Cool

So Wolfram|Alpha is now active.

While they are still working on loading data it isn't bad to mess around with and see if it is useful.

I just typed in H1N1 and it allowed you to see the linear scale growth in H1N1 cases and deaths.

However, when I typed in September 1918 Weather Philadelphia it came up empty.

Then just for fun I typed in GATTACCAATTA. Try it....I have to imagine the geneticists and other scientists will find it fun.

Wolfram|Alpha brings expert-level knowledge and capabilities to the broadest possible range of people—spanning all professions and education levels.

It by no means complete, but might develop into something pretty useful.

Comment

It seems a very nice search engine. It has a lot of widgets and browsers' utilities.

Comment

That is so cool!!!!!

Comment

Works perfectly:

Wolfram|Alpha brings expert-level knowledge and capabilities to the broadest possible range of people—spanning all professions and education levels.

Comment

The video live feed of the control center is pretty interesting too. They were explaining the details earlier of why some of their servers weren't talking to each other like they were supposed to.

Comment

Working...
            X