Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indonesia - Nidom video: bird flu vaccine for new strain found?? Probably Not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesia - Nidom video: bird flu vaccine for new strain found?? Probably Not.

Video at Link - apparently shows Nidom explaining a Pre-pandemic vaccine.

Bird Flu Vaccine Found

"Menyebaran new type of bird flu virus that has made thousands of ducks die now attacking humans. However, the vaccine has been found"

.http://tv.detik.com/readvideo/2012/1...rung-ditemukan
    Last edited by sharon sanders; December 22, 2012, 01:35 PM. Reason: added top comment
    CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Re: Indonesia - Nidom video: bird flu vaccine for new strain found??

While I can't comment on the audio, I do know that PT BioFarma & Airlangga University announced a joint project to produce a Pre-Pandemic H5N1 vaccine nearly a year ago

A blow up of the video shows the manufacturer of these vials to be BioFarma, and so I suspect these are early samples.

It seems unlikely that they would be a direct match to the recently arrived clade 2.3.2 , since clade 2.1 has predominated in that nation for years. But I've been unable to find any specs on the strain used.

A couple of links

RI to produce bird-flu vaccine by 2013

Indonesia is aiming to manufacture its first, locally produced vaccine to combat the H5N1 avian influenza virus by 2013, with state-owned pharmaceutical company PT Biofarma working to prepare its facilities for developing the vaccine for mass production, a minister says

Elly Burhaini Faizal, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Fri, 01/27/2012 10:09 AM

Indonesia is aiming to manufacture its first, locally produced vaccine to combat the H5N1 avian influenza virus by 2013, with state-owned pharmaceutical company PT Biofarma working to prepare its facilities for developing the vaccine for mass production, a minister says.

Health Minister Endang Rahayu Sedyaningsih said that Biofarma was currently working on an initial stage of the vaccine, a process that could lead the way for its mass production in 2013

And this from CIDRAP in from June 25th

Indonesia begins H5N1 vaccine production

Indonesia's health minister said the country has started producing its own supply of vaccine against the H5N1 virus, Bernama, Malaysia's national news agency, reported today. Nafsiah Mboi told Xinhua, China's national news agency, that so far several thousand vaccine doses have been produced, with more than 50,000 needed for stockpiling in the event of an H5N1 pandemic in Indonesia or to assist other countries where outbreaks are occurring. She said the vaccine is being produced in Bandung, the capital of West Java province. Indonesia leads the world with the highest number of confirmed human H5N1 infections and deaths?189 cases, of which 157 were fatal. In a 2007 protest against developing countries' poor access to drugs and vaccines against H5N1, it temporarily stopped sharing virus samples. Since then, global health officials and the countries themselves have developed plans for the countries to start producing their own vaccine, and in 2011 the World Health Assembly approved a working group's final virus-sharing agreement that improved the flow of the countermeasures to poorer countries.
    All medical discussions are for educational purposes. I am not a doctor, just a retired paramedic. Nothing I post should be construed as specific medical advice. If you have a medical problem, see your physician.

Comment

Re: Indonesia - Nidom video: bird flu vaccine for new strain found?? Probably Not.

This thread from 2011 indicates that the UNAIR seed strain was from an individual who died in 2005 (possibly from A/Indonesia/5/2005(H5N1)).

<object style="position:absolute;z-index:1000" type="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">

</object>
      http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Indonesia - Nidom video: bird flu vaccine for new strain found?? Probably Not.

Thanks Al.

Clarifies a vague memory I had on the topic.
        All medical discussions are for educational purposes. I am not a doctor, just a retired paramedic. Nothing I post should be construed as specific medical advice. If you have a medical problem, see your physician.

Comment

Indonesia does not have bird flu vaccine for humans
          Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Indonesia until now has not had a prophylactic vaccine for the new virus variants Avian Influenza (AI) or bird flu commonly called H5N1. The vaccine is now a patron or antidote for AI clade 2.1, while the results of recent research has found a new clade variants of the AI virus clade 2.3.2.1. statement was delivered by Professor of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine University of Gadjah Mada (UGM), Prof drh Widya Asmara, SU, during a press conference with reporters at the Faculty of Sleman, Yogyakarta on Wednesday (26/12)...

Dua pasien yang diduga suspect terhadap AI di Yogya dan dua di Jateng dirawat di RS Elizabeth Semarang dan RSUD Kendal.,FLU BURUNG,FLU BURUNG
          CSI:WORLD http://swineflumagazine.blogspot.com/

treyfish2004@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X