• Show
Clear All

• Re: Indonesian Human Cases Oct 20+

Originally posted by Anne View Post
    SILKA :3 years old boy
    local press : the onset of illness was the 22 october
    WHO : onset the 14 october

I don't understand
    I do not know a Silka, I know a Soleh, the boy who was taken home by his father?

Website Dep of Health has hardly any details, no date onset.

Website KOMNASfbpi has onset ont oct 22

Dewi the neighouring girl who died on oct 22, had onset on oct 14;

Samples were taken from family / neighbours / direct contacts, Soleh was stated positive on oct 26.

We must assume WHO has the right information?
    ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
    Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

AnneZ, I think you may be getting Silka (Lampung) mixed up with Soleh (West Java)?

Here is where I got my info, Post #121. I now realize I read it wrong. I read 3 days before his child was feverish. Not true. Symptoms began on 10/28.:
      Banda Lampung (Lampost): the Public Hospital of Abdul Moeloek (RSUAM) again treated the patient suspect bird flu, on Tuesday (30-10).
      Silka (2.5) was treated in RSUAM isolation space because of being suspected of contracting the virus avian influenza.

The patient was the daughter of the couple Rita (25) and Ibrahim (30), the resident Street ****, Tanjungraja, of Kecamatan Tanjungraja, Kotabumi, Lampung Utara.

She was run off with to RSUAM after the previous day, on Sunday (28-10), experienced the fever and breathless. The temperature of his body achieved 38 Celsius levels.

The reason for the temperature of the high and breathless body will never recover, they brought Silka to Dr. Herison in Tanjungraja.

Because medical equipment was not yet complete, this doctor reconciled him to RSUAM.

According to Rita, three days before his child was feverish, his three property chickens died suddenly.

Comment

hum : escuse me; I was speaking about soleh

Indonesia confirms 111th human bird flu case

29/10/2007 -- 8:13 PM

Jakarta (VNA) ? Indonesia confirmed on October 29 that a three-year-old boy hospitalised in Jakarta two days ago was the 111th human bird flu case in the country.

The boy from Tanggerang, a satellite city just west of Jakarta , first showed flu-like symptoms on October 22.

and WHO : 14 october.

the boy went back home, and he don't take medicine
        we can assume it's a ( rare) middle form of H5n1 flu.

Comment

Oh! I see what you're saying. Well we must assume that WHO is correct, right?

Comment

Home Isolation to the Patient Bird Flu not the Problem

Jakarta (the Media): was related to repatriation had S, age pre-schoolers four positive years bird flu by his family, the Department of the Health stated S will receive the maintenance of the isolation in his house

Home Isolation' pada Pasien Flu Burung tidak Masalah
            JAKARTA (Media): Terkait dengan pemulangan paksa S, balita usia empat tahun yang positif flu burung oleh keluarganya, Departemen Kesehatan menyatakan S akan mendapat perawatan isolasi di rumahnya (home isolation).
            Last edited by Gert van der Hoek; November 1, 2007, 04:36 PM. Reason: translation

Comment

The AI Patient is Taking a Favorable Turn

Written by Administrator on Thursday, on November 01 2007-Laporan Nurlaila Yanti

Banda Lampung - till yesterday, the Silka Dwitasari condition (2.5), the patient suspect bird flu or avian influenza (AI), did not yet show the change. Same like when being brought to the Daerah Public Hospital Dr. Hi. Abdul Moeloek (RSUDAM) last Tuesday (30/10), the temperature of the pre-school body from Street. Srimenanti, Tanjungraja, Lampung Utara, that still 38 levels celsius. Moreover, he also still the cough and pilek.

Nevertheless, the child of the two couples Ibrahim (30) and Rita Diana (25) this more has appeared clear. When the Lampung Radar visited him in isolation space yesterday, Silka was seen was playing together his mother.

Dr. Pad Dilangga, Sp.P., the doctor who handled Silka, said, at this time his side was still being waiting for results of the sample inspection swap the nose, the throat, as well as the patient's blood. ??Wehas sent this sample to the Penelitian Dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Hall laboratory in Jakarta,? he said. Results were just known three till five days in the future.

While the research was not yet finished, Silka was still being treated in isolation space. Said, although being not yet it was confirmed positive, available signs to Silka showed the sign was affected by the bird flu virus. Including the temperature of the high body, flu, the cough, as well as had the story of contact with the poultry.

The similar matter was sent by Dr. Murdoyo Sp.A., the paediatrician who also handled Silka. ??The result of the inspection that was carried out against Silka still same. We will continue to observe the patient while being waiting for results of the laboratory turns out to be,? he said.

As being known, before being brought to RSUDAM, Silka experienced the high fever was accompanied by flu and the cough since Monday (29/10). Then Silka was carried to the property clinic Dr. Herison available near his residence.

??Because the condition for my child increasingly worsened, finally the doctor suggested that Silka was carried to the hospital. We until (in RSUDAM) around 01.00 WIB this morning (on Tuesday, Red) ,? Rita's words, on Tuesday (30/10).

Said, on Friday (26/19), their three property chickens died suddenly. Along with the Silka illness, the Peternakan Lampura Service side came to the area to destroy the poultry.

Beforehand indeed had the poultry that died suddenly in his area, including property of the Silka family. After being checked, the poultry was positive bird flu.

credits bgw in MT
              ?Addressing chronic disease is an issue of human rights ? that must be our call to arms"
              Richard Horton, Editor-in-Chief The Lancet

~~~~ Twitter:@GertvanderHoek ~~~ GertvanderHoek@gmail.com ~~~

Comment

Hat-tip, BlueJay! -- with some comments by BlueJay:
                Originally posted by BlueJay (from CE)
                This TV report tells an interesting story. According to Liptuan little Sholeh was only identified as being H5N1 positive because the Health Service checked the villagers`blood after Dewi had died of H5N1. Whether this is the real story I do not know.

The unusual mildness of Sholeh`s infection is really worth a closer scientific look.
                Flu parents Deny Diagnosis Be Positif towards Anak
                01/11/2007

Liputan6.com, Tangerang: Although being diagnosed positive terjangkit the bird flu virus, Sholeh that was the Tangerang resident, Banten, was still undergoing the activity as usual. He playing was proper for the healthy child. The child was three years old this could be treated in the hospital, but was returned by his parents that regarded his illness of only common fevers.

In fact in the area of his residence, the Suka Asih Village, of Kecamatan Pasarkemis, Tangerang, some time set had one resident who was killed resulting from bird flu [read: Menkes Pesimistis Indonesia Bebas Flu Burung]. After the incident, the official of the local Health of the Service checked the example of villagers's blood. The official afterwards stated Sholeh positive was affected by the same illness. Sholeh could be then carried to the Hospital of Penyakit Infeksi Professor Doktor Sulianti Saroso, Sunter, Jakarta Utara.

However, parents Sholeh forced Putra him to be returned because of being convinced the healthy child. Moreover, the good intention to the official of the Health of the Service was then refused by parents Sholeh, including the medicine that was given by them. As for till October 29 2007, the Kesehatan Service side recorded had 14 people died in the Banten Province resulting from bird flu.

So, again, we're left wondering how many other mild (or even other) cases of H5N1 have been/are being missed.... ??

Unusual mildness now in Sholeh's case -- and we saw unusual mildness in Egypt primarily amongst children earlier in the year. 'Sup with H5N1? What is it doing?
                ...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

New thread - continuation...

Indonesian Human Cases Nov 3+
                  "In the beginning of change, the patriot is a scarce man (or woman https://flutrackers.com/forum/core/i...ilies/wink.png), and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for it then costs nothing to be a patriot."- Mark TwainReason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. -Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X