Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Influenza 2020; 20 fatalities

Seasonal Influenza (H1N1)– State/UT- wise, Year- wise number of cases
    and deaths from 2013 to 2020 (till 16th February, 2020)

Click image for larger version

Name:	India H1N1.png
Views:	355
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	831119

# Report for 2020 is awaited from West Bengal ; ^As on 14.02.2020
    Abbreviations: C-Cases, D- Deaths
    *Telangana State has reporting separately since Nov, 2014 after separation from Andhra Pradesh
    Disclaimer: The reports on cases and deaths of seasonal influenza (H1N1) are based on the reports received from
    States/UTs to Central Surveillance Unit, Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme, NCDC, Delhi

Fatality also reported in Rajasthan - M/22 in Jaipur on 2/21
    Jaipur: A 22-year-old student, resident of Mundawar in Alwar district, succumbed to swine flu on Friday at a private hospital in Jaipur during treatme.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Swine flu claims a life in State
    Published: Feb 18,202002:38 AM

Tamil Nadu had recorded one death due to Swine flu recently despite intense surveillance and prevention measures. The State has recorded about 132 cases of swine flu till February 2, 2020.

Chennai: As per the recent data given by Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme of National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), one death has been reported due to swine flu in Coimbatore in January. A three-year-old male child from Coimbatore was infected with swine flu and died in the last week of January. The State Health Department officials say that the child was suffering from co-morbid health condition with low immunity that led to the death of the child.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Odisha reports first swine flu death this season in Cuttack
      Sources said the 72-year-old woman admitted in the hospital on February 14 was tested positive for H1N1.

Published: 26th February 2020 11:17 AM | Last Updated: 26th February 2020 11:17 AM | By Express News Service
      BHUBANESWAR: A woman reportedly died of swine flu while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Cuttack. This was the first swine flu death in the State this season. Sources said the 72-year-old woman admitted in the hospital on February 14 was tested positive for H1N1.

She succumbed to the influenza after undergoing treatment for over a week. The number of swine flu positive cases are on the upswing since beginning of the year. While so far 16 persons have been tested positive for the seasonal influenza, 10 persons have been detected within just over one fortnight. The affected persons are mostly from Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
      BHUBANESWAR:  A woman reportedly died of swine flu while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Cuttack. This was the first swine flu death in the State

Comment

Karnataka reports two deaths due to H1N1 flu Suraksha P, DHNS, Bengaluru, FEB 27 2020, 09:54AM IST UPDATED: FEB 27 2020, 09:54AM IST
        Days after IT company SAP shut its offices because of two of its employees ...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/to...lu-808552.html

Comment

swine flu deaths in UP, 17 PAC jawans test positive
          After the coronavirus scare, it is now swine flu that is raging on in Uttar Pradesh.

IANS
          Indo-Asian News Service
          Meerut
          March 1, 2020UPDATED: March 1, 2020 15:24 IST

After the coronavirus scare, it is now swine flu that is raging on in Uttar Pradesh. The death toll in the state has reached nine, six of which are from Meerut alone, and 17 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) jawans have tested positive for swine flu in the district in the past 48 hours.

Meerut Chief Medical Officer Raj Kumar said, "Out of the 27 PAC jawans of the Sixth Battalion admitted to the Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College (LLRMMC) with complaints of fever, cold and other similar symptoms, 17 have tested positive for swine flu. Hence, around 370 jawans in the battalion were given Tamiflu tablets and instructed to remain on the campus to prevent further spread of the infection. With this, the total number of swine flu cases in the district has gone up to 71."
          https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...342-2020-03-01

Comment

Working...
          X