Assam Influenza 2019; 4 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assam Influenza 2019; 4 fatalities

Six H1N1 Cases Detected In State; 1 Dies In Kamrup (M)
    9 hours ago

GUWAHATI: Six cases of H1N1, commonly called swine flu, have been detected in Assam. And one of the six detected has died of the vector-borne disease. While a case each has been detected in Goalpara and Dibrugarh, four cases have been detected in Kamrup (M) where the virus has claimed one.

According to NVBDCP (National Vector Born Disease Control Programme), Assam sources, there is nothing to worry about normal influenza and the risk factor is only with H1N1 pandemic (2009) virus. It says that the two age groups in the risk zones because of their poor immunity are infants and oldies. ?However, there?s nothing to worry about as we?re well equipped,? a source in the NVBDCP said.

GUWAHATI: Six cases of H1N1, commonly called swine flu, have been detected in Assam. And one of the six detected has died of the vector-borne disease. While a c

No cases or fatalities were confirmed in the state in 2018. - Ro
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Swine flu spreads to Northeast; four deaths reported
    Assam Human Rights Commission seeks report on steps taken to tackle, control and contain the outbreak of swine flu

By Amarjyoti Borah
    Last Updated: Monday 17 August 2015
    Students at Jorhat wearing masks (Photo credit: Sabita Devi)

A sudden spurt in swine flu cases, including four deaths, in the north-eastern part of India has spread panic in the region, even as there is a mad rush to procure masks, which are selling at a very high price of Rs 100.

As of now, cases of swine flu have been detected in Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur, but all the other states in the region have put their respective health departments on high alert to detect and tackle swine flu cases.

According to government reports, two positive cases have been detected in Mizoram, three in Nagaland, five in Manipur and 12 cases have been detected in Assam.

Assam and Manipur have reported two deaths each.
    Assam Human Rights Commission seeks report on steps taken to tackle, control and contain the outbreak of swine flu
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine Flu Cases On Rise In Assam
      REGIONAL
      By Pratidin Bureau On Feb 19, 2019
      In an alarming situation, more than 15 cases of swine flu have been reported in Guwahati. Death from swine flu has also been reported in the city as H1N1 virus has claimed the life of a 52-year old woman in Guwahati recently.
      Apart from many other States, the cases of swine flu have been continuously increasing in Assam also. In an alarming situation, more than 15 cases of swine flu

Comment

Assam reports first swine flu death this [fiscal -Ro] year Sumir Karmakar, DH News Service, Guwahati, JUL 06 2019, 21:30PM IST UPDATED: JUL 06 2019, 22:27PM IST A 75-year-old shopkeeper died of H1N1 infection in Assam, a day after he was rushed to a priva...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/nationa...ar-745506.html

Year?s first swine flu death in State
        SANJOY RAY

GUWAHATI, July 6 - At a time when the entire State machinery has been mobilised to tackle the menace of Japanese encephalitis (JE), Assam has reported its first death owing to swine flu in the current year.

As per a report issued on July 4, Bhagawan Prasad, aged around 75 years, was tested positive for the H1N1 virus. The H1N1 detection was done by Real Time PCR.

Prasad, who hailed from Baksa district, was earlier diagnosed with pulmonary koch (tuberculosis), bronchial asthma, was admitted to Narayana Hridalaya at Amingaon with a history of fever for three days on July 2 with unresponsiveness and breathing difficulty.

?Although he was initially treated at a local hospital, later he was shifted to Narayana Hridalaya where he was kept in isolation,? sources said, after which the samples were sent to the GMCH for H1N1. In Assam, only two laboratories, both government-run setups, have the facility to test the H1N1 virus.

Comment: So why is this the "first" death of the year when there were two documented fatalities in February? Possibly due to a difference in Fiscal vs Calendar year. Some states give reports from April to March. National NCDC reports are January to December. This may be the first fatality of Assam's Fiscal year, but when the reporter consults the NCDC data for 2018 sees that there were no cases. The fatalities reported in February of this year get missed. - Ro

Comment

Dengue, Swine Flu Strike Assam
          REGIONAL
          By Pratidin Bureau Last updated Jul 9, 2019
          On the other hand, two people have died from H1N1 virus infection in the State within a week. Also, 51 people have been affected by the H1N1 virus since last six months, informed the State health department.
          Assam had been on alert for an outbreak of Japanese Encephalitis and now, the State reels under the terrors of Dengue and Swine-flu. According to reports, a chi

Comment

Working...
          X