• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tamil Nadu Influenza 2019; 4 fatalities

Link to 2018 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-70-fatalities

Swine flu claims a life in January, cases rise to 77
    DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SHWETA TRIPATHI
    Published Feb 3, 2019, 6:13 am ISTUpdated Feb 3, 2019, 6:13 am IST

Chennai: The cases of swine flu (seasonal influenza) are witnessing a spurt and 77 cases and one death have been registered in the month of January as per the recent data released by the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme of National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). One death was reported due to swine flu in Coimbatore in January.

While the state health department authorities assert to have controlled the outbreak in November, the cases have not stopped surfacing. Tamil Nadu witnessed 40 cases and one death up to February last year, while the numbers have almost doubled in less than one month this year.

The number of cases increased between August-October last year. The health department claimed to have strengthened the surveillance programmes and provided intensive care to contain the infection since then, however, the state witnessed 43 deaths in 2018.

Comment - The number of fatalities reported in the media was closer to 70 in 2018. - Ro
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

9 months pregnant swine flu death: sadness in Madurai
    Web Team Published: 08 Mar, 2019 08:53 pm

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	45
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	808932
    Puthiyathalaimurai.com is #1 online Tamil News portal. Get latest breaking and exclusive news from tamilnadu politics,tamil cinema,astrology, art culture, tamil newspaper, tamil daily newspaper,Tamilnadu Temples, tamil nadu news,online Trending and viral news from tamilnadu

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Mannargudi woman with H1N1 dies at Tiruchy government hospital
      A 47-year-old woman of Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district died of H1N1 at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital in Tiruchy on Tuesday.

Published: 20th November 2019 06:22 AM | Last Updated: 20th November 2019 06:22 AM | A+A A-

By MS ThanarajExpress News Service
      TIRUCHY: A 47-year-old woman of Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district died of H1N1 at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital in Tiruchy on Tuesday. This is the first case of H1N1 reported in the district this year. Fearing the spread of infection, the city corporation cremated the body without handing it over to her relatives.

According to sources, M Kalavathi, the deceased, was a farm worker. On November 12, she was admitted to a private hospital with high fever. As there was no improvement in her condition, blood samples were taken for diagnosis. Later, it was found that she had symptoms of viral pneumonia (H1N1 Positive).
      As her condition worsened, she was referred to Tiruchy Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital.
      TIRUCHY: A 47-year-old woman of Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district died of H1N1 at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Government Hospital in Tiruchy on Tuesday. This is the

577 cases & 3 fatalities were reported to Nov 4.

Comment

Working...
      X