• Punjab Influenza 2019; 46 fatalities

Link to 2018 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-11-fatalities

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	106
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	804965
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Abohar resident dies of swine flu

Abohar: A resident of Khubban village died of swine flu in a first such case reported from the sub division this year. The deceased has been identified as Buta Singh (34). His family members said Buta had high fever on Monday and was taken to the Guru Gobind Singh Medical College and Hospital at Faridkot. Buta succumbed to deadly H1N1 virus on Saturday. Senior Medical Officer Dr Ravi Bansal said there were no reports of any other patient with symptoms of influenza. He said the affected family would be examined on Monday and a survey would also be conducted in the village.

Comment

With second death in 5 days, district in grip of swine flu

Tribune News Service

Patiala, January 13

With the death of a patient suffering from H1N1 (swine flu) in a week, the lethal virus has gripped the district. In fact, a 56-year-old woman, who hailed from the Samana block, succumbed to the swine flu on late Saturday night. It is the second swine flu death during the last five days.

The deceased, who was admitted to the Government Rajindra Hospital on Thursday, breathed her last on Saturday night. On January 8, a 50-year-old woman from Patiala died due to the H1N1 virus at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, Chandigarh.
      Meanwhile, district health officials claimed to have disbursed Tamiflu tablets among relatives and others, who had come into contact of the deceased woman.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine flu grips state, 8 deaths in two weeks
        46 test positive for virus | Patiala has maximum cases

Karam Prakash

Tribune News Service

Patiala, January 14

Swine flu has gripped the state Health Department, with the disease claiming eight lives in two weeks in the state.
        Besides, 46 people were tested positive for the virus till last Sunday. In 2018, only 47 swine flu cases were reported in the state.

The home district of the Health Minister, Patiala, has topped the state with maximum cases, followed by Ludhiana and Ropar.

Comment

Tarn Taran woman dies of swine flu
          Publish Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 12:07 AM (IST)

Jagaran Reporter, Amritsar

Swine Flu Positive A woman died in a private hospital in Amritsar on Tuesday. The 50-year-old woman belonging to the Khadur Sahib area of ​​Tarn Taran district was under treatment for the last one week in Amritsar's private hospital. The doctors informed the health department after the symptoms of swine flu were found. The health department has done the tests of women and the report is also positive.

Civil surgeon Dr. Hardeep Singh Ghai told that after the death of the woman, the staff of the private hospital has been given the Tamiflu medicine as a precaution. Simultaneously, the civil surgeon Tarn Taran has been asked to give Tamimflu medicine to the family of the woman living in Tarn Taran.
          अमृतसर स्वाइन फ्लू पॉजिटिव एक महिला ने मंगलवार को अमृतसर के निजी अस्पताल में दम तोड़ दिया।

Comment

Woman succumbs to swine flu in F?garh Sahib

Our Correspondent

Fatehgarh Sahib, January 17

With the death of Sarabjit Kaur of Raton village in Khamano subdivision due to swine flu at the PGI on Wednesday night, the death toll due to the H1N1 virus in the district has risen to four. Earlier, Lakhbir Singh of Khamano, Des Raj who was working at the courts complex at Fatehgarh Sahib, Rekha of Mandi Gobindgarh had succumbed to the flu.

Sarabjit Kaur had complained of high fever and cough, after which she was admitted to a private hospital at Chamkaur Sahib on January 7 and referred to a private hospital in Ropar the next day. During tests, it was found that she was H1N1-positive and taken to the PGI. On the intervening night of January 16, she succumbed to the flu.

Comment

Posted at: Jan 19, 2019, 6:59 AM; last updated: Jan 19, 2019, 7:17 AM (IST)
              Swine flu claims 1 more life in Patiala

Tribune News Service

Patiala, January 18

With the death of a 50-year-old man last night, the toll from the deadly swine flu has risen to three in the district in a month. The H1N1 patient, who hailed from Bhamna Patti village in Samana block, died late at night at Government Rajindra Hospital.

The victim was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday after he showed symptoms of swine flu. Dr Manjit Singh said, ?The cremation of the victim was held in accordance with the norms and instructions of the health authorities.?

Comment

Swine flu kills 5 in Ludhiana
                Posted by Shameen on Jan 23, 2019, 3:38 PM IST

Ludhiana: At least five people have died and over 15 have tested positive for swine flu this month in Ludhiana, Punjab according to officials.

Dr Parvinder Pal Singh Sidhu, Civil Surgeon, Ludhiana told ANI, ?32 cases of swine flu has been suspected in Ludhiana, out of which 18 are confirmed. Five people lost their lives after falling prey to this disease.?
                Ludhiana: At least five people have died and over 15 have tested positive for swine flu this month in Ludhiana, Punjab according to officials. Dr Parvinder Pal Singh Sidhu, Civil Surgeon…

Comment

Female deaths from swine flu in Amritsar
                  Publish Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:23 AM (IST)

Swine flu virus swallowed a woman in Amritsar The woman residing in village Tangra was Admitted in Gurunanak Dev Hospital, where she died during treatment. The Health Department wrapped the body of the woman and brought her to the house and performed the funeral under her supervision.

Actually, due to the rain in the last two days in Amritsar, the H1N1 virus of swine flu has been swiftly floating in the air. The victim woman had been admitted to the Isolation Ward of Guru Nanak Dev Hospital for the last three days. During treatment, she suddenly crushed her breath and she died in the lap of death. The special thing is that the hospital administration sent samples from the neck of the deceased and sent it to the Swine Flu Teaching Lab located at Government Medical College for investigation. Even before the report came, he gave up. Although the swine flu has been confirmed in the test report.

On Thursday afternoon, the body of the woman was covered in the precast kit and taken to village Tangra. The health department has imposed masks on the face of family members of the deceased. After this he was cremated.

Civil surgeon Dr Hardeep Singh Ghai told that family members of the woman have been treated with Tamiflu as precaution. No family member is suffering from suspected fever. He said that this is the first case of swine flu in Amritsar this season. However, there are 15 suspected cases filed in different hospitals of the city. Their report is yet to come.

It is important to mention here that last two days Swine Flu positive women related to Gurdaspur and Tarn Taran were also killed in Gurunanak Dev Hospital, Amritsar.
                  अमृतसर स्वाइन फ्लू वायरस ने अमृतसर में एक महिला को निगल लिया। गांव टांगरा की रहने वाली यह महिला गुरुनानक देव अस्पताल में एडमिट थी, जहां उपचार के दौरान उसकी मौत हो गई।

Comment

Swine flu claims 20 lives in 24 days in Punjab; highest number of positive cases from Patiala, Ludhiana
                    The highest number of positive cases for the respiratory disease has been reported from Patiala and Ludhiana with 20 from each district.
                    INDIA Updated: Jan 25, 2019 14:41 IST
                    Parteek Singh Mahal

Hindustan Times, Patiala

Twenty people have died of swine flu this year, almost double the 11 deaths reported in 2018, data with the Punjab health department shows. The highest number of positive cases for the respiratory disease has been reported from Patiala and Ludhiana with 20 from each district.

Malwa is also the worst-hit in terms of deaths with 19 of 20 deaths reported from there. Majha has reported one death from Gurdaspur. Ludhiana has reported the most deaths at five, followed by Fatehgarh Sahib and Patiala at four and three, respectively. Two deaths have been reported from Sangrur and one death each from Mohali, Muktsar, Barnala, Ferozepur, Fazilka and Gurdaspur.
                    https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...du7vF2bpI.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	79
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	805940

Comment

Swine flu claims one more life in state
                      By Shaminder Mahi - January 28, 2019 9:58
                      On Monday , a resident of Village Tasoli in Mohali district died of swine flu case reported from the sub division. The deceased has been identified as Sanjeev Kumar (42).He is survived by his wife and two childrens.

According to his family members , he had complained of high fever and cough and was taken to the PGIMER in Chandigarh, where he succumbed to deadly H1N1 virus on Monday.
                      Swine flu claims one more life in state Deadly swine flu has gripped the state, with as many as 55 people has been tested positive for the virus till date. Suspected cases of swine flu have spurred

Comment

Second death from swine flu in Amritsar
                        Publish Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 12:56 AM (IST)

Second death from swine flu in Amritsar
                        The H1N1 virus of Swine Flu has become aggressive due to the massive decrease in Amritsar temperature.
                        - The lady was admitted to the military hospital.

- Two deaths were caused by swine flu in a month in Amritsar

H1N1 virus of Swine Flu has become aggressive due to the high temperature drop. This virus gave sleep to one more woman to sleep. The lady was from the village of Mode in Amritsar village. He was admitted to Military Hospital for several days. The health department has conducted the rites of the dead body under its supervision. Earlier, a woman resident of village Tongara had also swallowed swine flu.

On the other hand, a person residing in Tehsil Patti of Tarn Taran has also confirmed swine flu. He is under treatment at the Guru Nanak Dev Hospital in Amritsar. One person's report from Batala has also been positive. Both of them are being treated in Isolation Ward.

Keeping in view the rising outbreak of swine flu, the Health Department has launched a campaign to make people aware about educational institutions and public places.
                        अमृतसर तापमान में आई भारी गिरावट के कारण स्वाइन फ्लू का एच1एन1 वायरस आक्रामक हो गया है।

Comment

Banu suvjiv swine flu death
                          Dainik BhaskarJan 28, 2019, 02:00 AM
                          Patiala News
                          Banur News - Banu suvjiv swine flu death 48 years old Sanjeev Kumar was killed by Swine Flu in Banood | Tasaili He was admitted to PGAI from a week ago. He was suffering from fever and cough. The family members had filed her in PGAI on January 22, from that day she was on the ventilator. His swine flu was out in the test. Primary help center BHUA's SMO Dr. Kuljeet Kair told that the team has examined Sanjeev's family. The team had set up Swine Flu awareness camps in the village.
                          बनूड़ के संजीव की स्वाइन फ्लू से मौत | बनूड़|तसाैली में स्वाइन फ्लू से 48 साल के संजीव कुमार की माैत हाे गई। वह एक सप्ताह से पीजीअाई में भर्ती था। उसे बुखार... | banu suvjiv swine flu death

Comment

Two villagers die of swine flu in 10 days
                            Residents of Raniwala village turn superstitious

Tribune News Service
                            Muktsar, January 28

Two people of Raniwala village in the Lambi Assembly segment have died due to swine flu in the past 10 days and one villager is undergoing treatment for the disease at Faridkot.

Several villagers have turned superstitious. A majority of people in the village either carry a pouch of herbs in their pocket or tie it to their body. Some people have drawn a line of ?choona? (limestone) at the entrance of their residences in an attempt to thwart the entry of any virus.

Gulzar Singh (45) died on January 18 and 35-year-old Harjit Singh died on January 26 due to the disease. Villagers informed that both lived in the same street. Jasvir Singh is presently admitted to a Faridkot hospital undergoing treatment for the disease.

Comment

124 cases with 26 fatalities to Jan 27.

Comment

Working...
                              X