• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Karnataka.png
Views:	39
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	801516
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Views:	35
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	802067
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

H1N1 toll climbs to 31 in Karnataka; doctors say no reason to panic

BENGALURU: The death toll due to H1N1 in Karnataka this year has climbed to 31, according to the Health Department?s daily report on Saturday. However, doctors at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, which acts as the nodal centre for infectious diseases such as H1N1, say that there is no need to worry. In 2017, there were only 15 deaths reported but 3,260 people tested positive for the virus.

There were 1,231 positive cases of H1N1 and 31 deaths in the state as on Saturday. Just 24 hours prior to this, the report released on Friday said there were 1,215 positive cases of H1N1 in the state and 19 deaths. When asked about the significant increase in the number of deaths by 12, doctors said this may be due to the delay in the completion of the death audit process, in which the Health Department determines whether the cause of death was indeed H1N1. http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...c-1900086.html

Comment

Views:	30
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	803188

Comment

Three women died of Swine Flu in Mysuru, Chamarajanagar: Minister

Belagavi: Three persons have died from H1N1 viral attack (swine flu) in Mysuru and Chamarajanagar since the past 6 months. Of them, 2 persons died in Mysuru and one in Chamarajanagar, said Health Minister Shivananda Patil while replying to a question raised by MLC Sandesh Nagaraj at the ongoing Winter Session of the Assembly at Belagavi. In all, from January till August, 11 H1N1 cases were reported in Mysuru while 68 cases have been reported in Chamarajanagar. All the three deceased are women, the Minister said. The State Health and Family Welfare Department has issued a circular to all districts to take up precautionary measures and stock Tami Flu tablets which will be distributed free of cost to patients, he said.

Belagavi: Three persons have died from H1N1 viral attack (swine flu) in Mysuru and Chamarajanagar since the past 6 months. Of them, 2 persons died in Mysuru and one in Chamarajanagar, said Health Minister Shivananda Patil while replying to a question raised by MLC Sandesh Nagaraj at the ongoing Winter Session of the Assembly at...

Comment

Views:	30
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	804204

Comment

Swine flu: 12 deaths in 5 days throughout the state; 2 in Mysuru

Bengaluru: the deadly swine flu (H1N1) appears to be spreading more rapidly in the state, having claimed 12 lives in the state, including two from Mysuru in the past five days. The total number of deaths has shot up to 44 this year. According to the Department of Health and Family Welfare, the separation of 12 deaths since December 20 is as follows: Koppal ? 3, Dakshina Kannada and Mysuru ? 2 each in BBMP, Bengaluru City, Chitradurga, Shivamogga and Hassan.
                The Death Audit Committee of the Department of Health and Family Welfare clarified that, from 19 to 25 December, of the 456 blood samples analyzed, 102 had H1N1 and 7 deaths were confirmed. From November 29 to December 2, of the 580 blood samples, 94 had H1N1 and 5 deaths were confirmed.

Comment

Karnataka on H1N1 alert: 72 deaths reported; 1,703 test positive

Bengaluru: The increase in Influenza-A (H1N1) cases has put Karnataka on high alert. The state has reported 1703 positive cases for swine flu and 72 have succumbed due to H1N1 since January. Bengaluru topped with 412 cases that are positive while Dharwad has recorded 11 deaths so far.
                  According to the state health department, the H1N1 flu is caused by a virus and people with cold, cough, fever, sore throat, chills and body aches should rush to the hospital for immediate attention as it could be one of the symptoms of H1N1.
                  "There is medication available. An antiviral drug administration in time can save lives but in the last stage, no medication will work and it could prove fatal," said Dr BG Prakash, deputy director, Karnataka health department.

Karnataka is on H1N1 alert as 1,703 positive cases and 72 deaths have been reported since January this year. The highest number of positive cases have been reported from Bengaluru with 412 and Dharwad reported 11 deaths so far. Following the increase in H1N1 cases, the state health department increased its information, education and communication activities to raise awareness on precaution and early treatment.

Comment

Week 47 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/472018.pdf

KN/DKK/2018/47/1502 Karnataka Dakshina
                    Kannada
                    Influenza A
                    H3N2 23 00 24-11-18 24-11-18
                    Under
                    Control
                    Cases reported from Moraji Desai Residential
                    School, Village Malluru, PHC/CHC Kudupu,
                    Taluk Mangalore. District RRT investigated the
                    outbreak. House to house survey done. 4 throat
                    swab samples collected sent to MCVR, Manipal
                    were positive for Influenza A H3N2. All cases
                    treated symptomatically. Health education
                    given regarding personal hygiene

Comment

Working...
                    X