Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karnataka influenza 2018: 72 fatalities

Plantation worker dies of H1N1 infection

CHIKKAMAGALURU: A 47-year-old rubber-tapper from Kerala died of H1N1 in the district's Sanske village in NR Pura taluk on Saturday.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65928357.cms

102 H1N1 cases this September; Karnataka is on high alert

Comment

Karnataka: H1N1 claims 4 lives, but health dept unaware Poornima Nataraj, DH News Service, Bengaluru, OCT 10 2018, 00:31AM IST UPDATED: OCT 10 2018, 08:33AM IST Four people have died due to H1N1 flu in the past three months with two deaths bei...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/h...pt-697105.html

H3N2, Influenza-B infections detected Poornima Nataraj, DH News Service, Bengaluru, OCT 09 2018, 15:57PM IST UPDATED: OCT 09 2018, 23:47PM IST PTI file photo for representation. Even as the health department is focusing on containing the spre...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/4...ka-696996.html
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Bengaluru has seen five Swine flu deaths this year
        Asked why it took the Health Department so long to notice the deaths, Shetty said the government-run hospital did not inform the state.

Published: 12th October 2018 08:19 AM | Last Updated: 12th October 2018 10:17 AM | A+A A-
        Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases has separate wards for H1N1 patients | Nagaraja Gadekal By Express News Service
        BENGALURU: It's official. Bengaluru saw five deaths due to H1N1 this year.After reports of four H1N1 deaths in Bengaluru's Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, the state Health Department has finally agreed to add the cases to the official death toll. Dr Shivaraj Sajjanshetty, joint director, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, Department of Health and Family Welfare, said, "We will add five deaths to our official daily H1N1 reports on Friday. Four that occurred in August-October in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases and one in March in BBMP limits."

Asked why it took the Health Department so long to notice the deaths, Shetty said the government-run hospital did not inform the state. The protocol is that after any H1N1 case is brought to the government's notice, it must send health officers to the patient's house, check the family members and neighbours for flu-like symptoms and educate them what needs to be done in the event of getting flu-like symptoms.
        BENGALURU:  It's official. Bengaluru saw five deaths due to H1N1 this year.After reports of four H1N1 deaths in Bengaluru's Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Dise

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine flu believed to be reason for woman?s death in K?taka?s Mandya, doctors to probe
          The state has reported over 400 cases of swine flu in the past month.
          Dr. Nimeshika Jayachandran
          Friday, October 12, 2018 - 08:16

District officials in Mandya are on high alert after a 48-year-old resident of the district, suspected to have contracted swine flu, passed away on Wednesday.

Savithramma (48) visited a private nursing home in Mandya last week after developing a cough and fever. She was later admitted to JSS Hospital in Mysuru where she passed away. Doctors had sent a throat swab sample of the patient to Kasturba Hospital in Manipal to confirm whether she was suffering from H1N1, or swine flu, the results of which are awaited.
          District officials in Mandya are on high alert after a 48-year-old resident of the district, suspected to have contracted swine flu, passed away on Wednesday. Savithramma (48) visited a private nursing home in Mandya last week after developing a cough and fever. She was later admitted to JSS Hospital in Mysuru where she passed away. Doctors had sent a throat swab sample of the patient to Kasturba Hospital in Manipal to confirm whether she was suffering from H1N1, or swine flu, the results of which are awaited.

Comment

Woman dies due to H1N1 after delivery
            Belagavi: After claiming five lives in the state capital this year, H1N1 has claimed its first victim in Belagavi district. A woman from Akkol in Nippani taluk, died in Kolhapur town of Maharashtra a couple of days ago. Her swab test was positive for H1N1.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/66186645.cms

Comment

This article is from 2010.

Comment

56-year-old Succumbs to Swine Flu in Bengaluru, Death Toll Touches Six in Karnataka
                Unpredictable weather has been attributed as one of the reasons for the sudden surge in cases.
                Revathi Rajeevan | CNN-News18Updated:October 13, 2018, 10:44 AM IST facebookTwittergoogleskype

Bengaluru: A 56-year-old man has died of Swine Flu in Bengaluru, taking the death toll in the state to six since March this year.

Health department officials said Shivananjegouda passed away at a private hospital on October 11. This was the fourth death this month alone.

Karnataka had recorded only 20 positive cases of H1N1 between January and August 2018. But the numbers spiked in September as Bengaluru city alone witnessed 44 cases. Of the six deaths, four have been in the city.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Karnataka.png
Views:	49
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	800771

Comment

Swine Flu Claims 2 More Lives in Karnataka, Death Toll Rises to 8
                    The total number of positive cases has also increased to 542, marking an increase of 18 cases per day. The highest number of cases have been reported under the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) area with 86 cases followed by Shivamogga which has recorded a total of 60 cases
                    Revathi Rajeevan | CNN-News18Updated:October 17, 2018, 2:43 PM IST

Bangalore: H1N1 influenza, or swine flu, claimed two more lives in Karnataka, taking the death toll in the state to eight.

The two deaths was reported by the Department of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday, one from Ballary and another from Bengaluru.

While the state had recorded only 20 positive cases of H1N1 between January and August 2018, the total number of cases in Bengaluru city alone has shot up to 44 in September alone.

The total number of positive cases has also increased to 542, marking an increase of 18 cases in a day.
                    The total number of positive cases has also increased to 542, marking an increase of 18 cases per day. The highest number of cases have been reported under the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) area with 86 cases followed by Shivamogga which has recorded a total of 60 cases

Bantwal: Swine flu - mother succumbs, daughter in ICU
                    Tue, Oct 16 2018 04:53:26 PM

Daijiworld Media Network - Bantwal (SP)

Banwal, Oct 16: Avvamma (44), wife of the late Mayyaddi from Sajipanadu village in the taluk died of Swine Flu on October 10 this year. Her daughter, Zubeena (22) is being treated for the same condition in the intensive care unit of a private hospital at Mangaluru. Another person from this village also is suspected to be suffering from this disease. He has been hospitalized with unexplained fever, but medical reports are yet to be received, said taluk health officer, Dr Deepa Prabhu.
                    Daijiworld Media Network - Bantwal (SP)Banwal, Oct 16: Avvamma (44), wife of the late Mayyaddi from Sajipanadu village in the taluk died of Swine Flu on October 10 this year. Her daughter, Zubeena  (22) is being treated for the same condition in the intensive care unit of a private hospital at Mangaluru. Another perso.....

Comment

22-yr-old woman dies from suspected swine flu in Karnataka
                      As of Wednesday, 6 people have died and 496 positive cases have been reported in Karnataka.
                      Theja Ram
                      Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 17:55

A 22-year-old woman from Bantwal taluk in Karnataka?s Dakshina Kannada district has died from suspected swine flu infection. The woman, identified as Zabina, is suspected to have contracted the infection from her mother 44-year-old Avvamma, who had been infected with the virus and succumbed to the same on October 10. Officials from the Health Department have confirmed that Avvamma had tested positive for swine flu.

A 22-year-old woman from Bantwal taluk in Karnataka’s Dakshina Kannada district has died from suspected swine flu infection. The woman, identified as Zabina, is suspected to have contracted the infection from her mother 44-year-old Avvamma, who had been infected with the virus and succumbed to the same on October 10. Officials from the Health Department have confirmed that Avvamma had tested positive for swine flu. It was also reported that Zabina’s father, Mayyadi, too had died on August 1 at their residence in Sajipadu of Bantwal taluk, though the cause for death is not known.

Comment

Mirror Now
                        Published on Oct 19, 2018
                        The H1N1 flu continues to haunt the state of Karnataka as the death toll rises to 15. At least 11 people have died since October 1st due to Swine Flu in Bengaluru. After Rajasthan, now Karnataka is facing the H1N1 outbreak as 456 people were tested positive from January this year to October 12th.
                        Mirror Now's Sreeja MS joins with more details, listen in.

Comment

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	48
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	801250
                          Mangaluru, Oct 28: The reasons for the recent deaths of four persons in Dakshina Kannada, who were infected with H1N1 (swine flu) virus, were other ailments, according to district health officer N Ramakrishna Rao.

Comment

Name:	Karnataka.png
Views:	49
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	801252

Comment

Working...
                            X