Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerala Influenza 2017, 69 fatalities

26-year-old newly married Man Dies of H1N1 Flu

Kasargod: A 26-year-old man died without responding to medical treatment for fever at a private hospital in the city, here on February 20. The deceased has been identified as Sameer (26), a resident of Adur Kathipara. According to sources, Sameer was suffering from fever and was taking medicines from local hospitals in Kasargod. But when there was no effect with the medicines, Sameer was admitted to a private hospital in Mangaluru. Unable to respond to medication he breathed his last on February 20.

http://www.mangalorean.com/26-year-o...dies-h1n1-flu/
    Last edited by tetano; April 11, 2017, 01:12 PM.

Kerala man dies of swine flu
    By Express News Service | Published: 22nd February 2017 05:12 PM |
    Last Updated: 22nd February 2017 05:14 PM | A+A A- |

Mask to prevent swine flu.
    MALAPPURAM: A 39-year-old man from Thavanur, who was undergoing treatment for H1NI flu virus, died of swine flu, at the Kozhikode Medical College, on Wednesday.

Confirming the death, Malappuram district medical officer (DMO) Skeena K said the deceased had been hospitilised with swine flu over the past eight days.
    MALAPPURAM: A 39-year-old man from Thavanur, who was undergoing treatment for H1NI flu virus, died of swine flu, at the Kozhikode Medical College, on Wednesday.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Drought triggers fear of water-borne diseases

TNN | Updated: Mar 5, 2017, 11.39 PM IST

Palakkad: The health department here has "warned of the outbreak of water borne diseases due to the acute shortage for potable drinking water" due to the drought situation in the district.
      District medical officer Dr KP Reetha has said that cases of H1N1, dengue fever, diarrhea, typhoid, chicken pox etc. were reported from different parts of the district during January and February.
      She said "that 20 H1N1 cases were confirmed and three deaths took place in January and February because of this dreaded disease."
      The health department here has “warned of the outbreak of water borne diseases due to the acute shortage for potable drinking water” due to the drough
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine flu cases from January to March ?17: 63 deaths in Maharashtra prompt minister to call review meeting
        NIV has ruled out any major mutation of the virus and said that the antigenic drift is likely to have led to local outbreaks.

Written by Anuradha Mascarenhas | Pune | Published:March 28, 2017 3:37 am
        Till mid-March, there were more than 3,000 cases in Tamil Nadu and Telangana itself while there were 16 deaths in Telangana, 13 in Andhra Pradesh, 7 each in Karnataka and Kerala and 10 in Tamil Nadu.

Comment

H1N1 alert, 16 deaths so far

The Health Department has issued an alert on H1N1, which has been showing a slight increase in the State since the beginning of the year.
          The statistics of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Project of the Health Department shows that there has been 233 confirmed cases of H1N1 this year till date, including 16 deaths.
          Of the 233 cases reported till date in Kerala, 117 cases and six deaths were reported in March, while 45 cases and five deaths were reported in April so far.
          H1N1 has been on the rise in all south Indian States this year and doctors should necessarily follow the ABC guidelines and standard treatment protocols for H1N1 when treating patients with cold and fever, the statement said.

Comment

Health alert: Over 500 gets dengue, 68 H1N1 cases in April Published: Apr 20, 2017, 08:09 AM ISTT- T T+ Thiruvananthapuram: With over 500 people diag...

So far this year, 18 people have died from H1N1 in the state. Of the total confirmed dengue cases, 54 affected people are in Thiruvananthapuram. Kolla...

Read more at: http://english.mathrubhumi.com/healt...ever-1.1882216

Comment

Swine flu has killed 23 in Kerala this year: Health deaprtment
              Published: Monday, May 1, 2017, 15:16 [IST] Subscribe to Oneindia News Thiruvananthapuram, May 1: H1N1 influenza has claimed 23 lives in Kerala so far this year with the state recording higher incidence of the flu compared to the previous year, a health department officials said.
              ... A total of 300-400 swine flu cases had been confirmed so far across the state and out of them as many as 23 people had died, they said. State Nodal Officer for H1N1 Amar Fettle said the increase in the incidence of the disease this year was registered not only in Kerala but also in entire south India.
              "This year, 27 per cent of samples of throat swabs tested from affected people were found to be positive for H1N1," Fettle told PTI.

Read more at: http://www.oneindia.com/india/swine-...medium=twitter

Comment

Spike in H1N1 cases: 24 deaths in four months

KOCHI: Like in other south Indian states, the rate of H1NI infection has spiked in Kerala too. About 28% of random tests conducted on samples of influenza cases from all the 14 districts has been tested positive for H1N1 virus. Of the 1,400 samples from different districts, more than 390 cases tested positive.

Ever since it started spreading in January this year across the state, the virus has claimed 24 lives. Cases associated with H1N1 had surged in 2015 as well with 26% of samples testing positive for the disease. "This time, it has already touched 28%. Though the public need not panic, those with influenza should take special care. The chances are high for the number of cases to go up during monsoon," said Dr Amar Fettle, nodal officer for H1N1 in the state.

Like in other south Indian states, the rate of H1NI infection has spiked in Kerala too. About 28% of random tests conducted on samples of influenza ca

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	776316
                  India witnessed worst outbreak of the Swine flu, renamed the influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus by the World Health Organistion (WHO), in the pandemic years of 2009-10 when the disease affected close to 50,000 people and killed more than 2,700 across the country.

Comment

Kerala reports five deaths due to infectious diseases
                    DECCAN CHRONICLE.
                    Published May 20, 2017, 6:59 am ISTUpdated May 20, 2017, 6:59 am IST
                    A death each due to H1N1 was reported from Kollam, Kasargod and Pathanamthitta.
                    According to Kozhi-kode District Medical Officer, Dr Ashadevi,...
                    H1N1 had also claimed three lives of the 43 cases.

Comment

H1N1 strikes Kerala ahead of monsoons, 36 people dead
                      But the H1N1 influenza outbreak that spreads across southern Indian states is not the only infection killing people of Kerala. Dengue, viral fever, jaundice and rat fever (leptospirosis) are also on the rise in the state.

Jeemon Jacob
                      May 18, 2017 | UPDATED 13:27 IST

Before the monsoon arrives in Kerala, viral infections are on a killing spree in the state. According to the Health Department statistics, 36 persons died due to H1N1 infection this year. In 2016, only one death recorded from the state.
                      "In May, 135 persons found positive for H1N1 infection. Among them 10 died. In April 12 persons died due to viral infection. So far 505 persons tested positive for the infection this year. A special cell has been constituted to monitor the outbreak," KK Shailaja Teacher, Minister for Health told India Today.
                      Before the monsoon arrives in Kerala, viral infections are on a killing spree in the state. According to the Health Department statistics, 36 persons died due to H1N1 infection this year.

Comment

H1N1 claims lives of 40 people in Kerala in 4 months
                        Kerala health minister KK Shylaja said the government is taking all fruitful measurers to contain the spread of various types of fever, and that medicines are available in all government hospitals.

INDIA Updated: May 22, 2017 14:49 IST
                        Press Trust of India

Thiruvananthapuram

Forty persons have died in Kerala due to H1N1 influenza in the last four months, health minister KK Shylaja said on Monday.

From January this year, 2,349 persons were screened for H1NI, out of which around 500 were found positive and 40 persons have died so far, she said in the state assembly while replying to a motion seeking a debate over the spread of various types of fever, including H1NI in the state.
                        Kerala health minister KK Shylaja said the government is taking all fruitful measurers to contain the spread of various types of fever, and that medicines are available in all government hospitals.

Comment

The rains aren?t here yet but Kerala is already in the grip of swine flu and dengue outbreak
                          The H1N1 outbreak has already claimed 41 lives in the state.

The rains aren?t here yet but Kerala is already in the grip of swine flu and dengue outbreak
                          an hour ago.

With the monsoon just round the corner, Kerala can expect relief from the summer heat soon. But the state is bracing for a particularly bad flu season with the rains this year. The H1N1 or swine flu virus has already claimed 41 lives in the state in just four months. Health officials say that, unlike any other infectious disease, swine flu cases have been reported from every district in the state.
                          According to Fettle, the rate of infection is seen in a test called swab positivity coverage, which is the number of people in every group of 100 who test positive for H1N1 infection in a throat swab test. Everyone who goes to a government hospital with symptoms of flu is made to undergo a swab test. In 2015, the swab positivity rate was 26% and this year it is between 27% and 30% right now. Swab positivity coverage in 2016 was just one percent.

Comment

People crowd health centers as fever grips Kerala; 101 dead Thursday 15 June 2017 12:35 PM IST by Ou...

The maximum number of deaths are from H1N1 ? 50....
                            743 were affected by H1N1....

Read more at: http://english.manoramaonline.com/ne...-101-dead.html

Comment

Pregnant woman dies of H1N1 in Vadakara Published: Jun 17, 2017, 09:40 AM ISTT- T T+ Kozhikode: A pregnant woman died due to H1N1 in Vadakara on Friday night. The deceased is Madapally Puthamkunnilyil Nisha (34) who was 7 months pregnant.......

Read more at: http://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/...kara-1.2021499

Comment

Working...
                              X