• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punjab Influenza 2017; 87 fatalities

Link to 2016 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-64-fatalities

Swine flu claims year's first victim in Punjab

TNN | Updated: Jan 25, 2017, 07.26 AM IST

LUDHIANA: Swine flu claimed its first victim in Ludhiana and Punjab in 2017 on Tuesday. A day after a 45-year-old woman from Pakhowal road tested positive for HINI flu, the patient died on Tuesday evening.
    Dr Ramesh Kumar, district epidemiologist, said that the patient had been admitted to two hospitals -- GTB Hospital and Bansal Hospital -- before being referred to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH). He said, "She was first treated for severe chest infection. When her condition deteriorated, she was referred to DMCH. On Monday, the patient tested positive for swine flu." He condition further deteriorated on Tuesday morning. He said the health department has checked family members and hospital staff where the patient was treated. The district epidemiologist said, "We will call the authorities from both the hospitals to ask about this case and will carry out investigation regarding the same."
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/56770449.cms
    Last edited by tetano; July 27, 2017, 06:13 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Chandigarh: Two-year-old dies of swine flu in PGI
    PUNJAB Updated: Apr 25, 2017 12:10 IST
    HT Correspondent

Hindustan Times, Chandigarh
    Faridkot
    Gursahaj Singh had high fever for more than ten days when he was admitted to PGI on April 22. (HT File )
    A 2-year-old boy from Faridkot died of swine flu at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here. It is the second swine flu death reported in the city hospital, but so far no such case is reported from a city resident.
    A 2-year-old boy from Faridkot died of swine flu at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research here. It is the second swine flu death reported in the city hospital, but so far no such case is reported from a city resident.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine flu active in Amritsar in June, death of one
      Publish Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 07:01 PM (IST) | Updated Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 04:01 AM (IST)

Swine flu active in Amritsar in June, death of oneSwine flu active in Amritsar in June, death of one
      Swine flu virus has knocked the knee in Amritsar in Punjab in June itself. Due to swine flu, 58-year-old elderly has died, while two patients report has been positive.
      JNN, Amritsar. Swine flu virus is usually active in the cold of November and December, but this time it has only woke up in June. Swine flu took the lives of 58-year-old elderly people on Saturday, while two women have been caught in their grip.

The deceased Rakesh Kumar was from Amritsar's sky avenue. Although the Health Department believes that Rakesh has been killed by influenza-A virus, H1N1 virus has not been found. However, influenza-A virus in medical language is the second name for swine flu.

Rakesh Kumar was suffering from suspected fever for the past fifteen days. The family members had admitted him to Shri Guru Ramdas Hospital, Willa. On Sunday, he was brought to Medicare Hospital located at Ratan Singh Chowk. According to Dr Ravneet Grover, the hospital's director, Rakesh had trouble breathing with high fever. Due to the fear of swine flu, its samples were examined. The swine flu was confirmed in the inquiry report. After this the matter was reported to the Health Department.

The Health Department also sent the patient's samples at their level and sent it to the Swine Flu Testing Lab located at Government Medical College. Meanwhile, on Saturday morning, Rakesh Kumar died. Rakesh's body has been handed over to the relatives by keeping him in a preoccupation kit. Rakesh was kept in the isolation room made in the ICU ward. After his death, the staff was treated as a precautionary measure of Tamiflu.

According to Dr. Grover, the swine flu virus is generally not active in the summer. This is the first case of his career when a patient died due to swine flu during the summer. Rakesh also examined it with a prestigious private laboratory. Here also the swine flu was confirmed. Apart from this, Hardeep Kaur and Charanjit Kaur are also suffering from Swine Flu and they are under treatment in their own hospital.

On the other hand, the district's epidemologist Dr Madan Mohan says that the patient has died from Influenza-A virus. It was normal fever. This has been confirmed in Sample's report in the official lab.
      पंजाब के अमृतसर में जून में ही स्वाइन फ्लू के वायरस ने दस्तक दे दी है। स्वाइन फ्लू के कारण 58 वर्षीय बुजुर्ग ने दम तोड़ दिया, जबकि दो मरीजों की रिपोर्ट पॉजिटिव आई है।

Comment

18 cases & 5 fatalities reported to July 7: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...949#post778949

Swine flu claims another life

TNN | Updated: Jul 25, 2017, 12:24 AM IST
        Times News Network
        Ludhiana: A 40-year-old man from Hoshiarpur, who was admitted to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), died of swine flu on Sunday.
        http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...=TOICitiesNews

Comment

27 JULY 2017 Last Updated at 2:25 PM
          Man dies of swine flu in Ludhiana hospital
          During this monsoon, 46 suspected cases of swine flu were reported here, of which which eight were confirmed, the doctor said A 40-year-old from Hoshiarpur had died due to swine flu at the same hospital, he added

ludhiana, Jul 27 A 58-year-old man died of swine flu at the DMC hospital here, a senior health department official said today.

Epidemiologist Dr ramesh, the nodal officer for swine flu, said the patient hailed from Pakhowal road here.
          Outlook Group: Your ultimate source for top headlines and breaking news from India and world, politics, latest updates on sports and entertainment events, business news, stories on art and culture, elections, literature, society, in-depth news content and Outlook Magazine articles, photo stories and picture galleries, video news and mental health stories.

Comment

15 people die due to swine flu in Punjab

After the death of 15 person due to Influenza A H1N1 (swine flu) in the state, the Punjab government on Thursday decided to establish ?flu corners? in government hospitals in every district. A total of 278 suspected cases of H1N1 has been reported, out of which 75 cases were found positive in 2017.
            Out of 75 confirmed cases, 15 person have died. While disclosing this on Thursday, Punjab Health and Family Welfare minister, Brahm Mohindra said that the reported cases in the past few days is not a normal and usual trend. He said, in a bid to control the mortality and morbidity from H1N1, the civil surgeons have been directed to establish ?flu corners? in government hospitals to give immediate treatment to patients having cough, cold and fever.

After the death of 15 person due to Influenza A H1N1 (swine flu) in the state, the Punjab government on Thursday decided…

Comment

Bharat Khanna‏
              @BharatKhannaTOI
              Follow
              More
              In a week, 2nd death by swine flu reported in #FatehgarhSahib
              Naresh Batta (62) of #MandiGobindgarh died in #Ludhiana hosp
              @TOIChandigarh
              6:43 AM - 21 Aug 2017
              https://twitter.com/BharatKhannaTOI/...67555274092544

Mandi Gobingarh reports second swine flu death

Bharat Khanna | TNN | Updated: Aug 22, 2017, 10:17 AM IST

Fatehgarh Sahib: Second swine flu death has been recorded in Mandi Gobindgarh, Fatehgarh Sahib, within a week. Victim Naresh Gupta (62) died at a hospital in Ludhiana on Monday.
              Second swine flu death has been recorded in Mandi Gobindgarh, Fatehgarh Sahib, within a week.Victim Naresh Gupta (62) died at a hospital in Ludhiana o

Comment

Posted at: Aug 23, 2017, 2:43 AM; last updated: Aug 23, 2017, 2:43 AM (IST)
                Suspected swine flu patient dies

Tribune News Service
                Patiala, August 22
                The death of a 30-year-old Ludhiana resident showing swine flu-like symptoms at Government Rajindra Hospital has spread panic in the city.

Comment

Posted at: Aug 23, 2017, 2:26 AM; last updated: Aug 23, 2017, 2:36 AM (IST)
                  Swine flu: Another man dies

Ludhiana, August 22
                  Another patient died of swine flu today. The man (56) belonged to Khanna and was admitted to the PGIMER in Chandigarh. With this, the number of patients who have died due to swine flu has reached nine.? TNS

Comment

Health Dept on its toes as swine flu cases rise
                    Five persons suspected of suffering from disease died in a week

Aparna Banerji
                    Tribune News Service
                    Jalandhar, August 23
                    As many as five persons who were suspected suffering from swine flu died during the past one week. Two of them tested positive. Of the 30 patients suspected suffering from the disease in the district, 10 have tested positive. As many as 29 persons reported at private hospitals are of the B category.
                    A 22-year-old patient from Nawanshahr died at DMC Ludhiana yesterday. She was residing with her parents at Garhshankar and had a travel history of going to a crowded religious place 15 days ago.
                    Jalandhar-based Sandeep (51) was the last patient who died of the disease. He was referred to DMC Ludhiana where he breathed his last.
                    Other patients who died of the disease are Narinder Kaur (60), who died on August 16; Chanan Singh (60) from Garhshankar village, who died on August 20; and Preeti (20) from Gohir village in Jalandhar, who died on August 21.

Comment

Woman dies of suspected swine flu

Tribune News Service
                      Jalandhar, August 30
                      A 28-year-old pregnant woman died here today.
                      It is being suspected that she has died of swine flu. However, doctors at the Civil Hospital have denied any such confirmation.
                      They said tests were not conducted and the actual case would be clear by tomorrow. The woman was admitted to a private hospital last week.

Comment

127 cases with 24 fatalities reported to August 20.

3 more confirmed deaths since then brings the state toll to 27.

Comment

165 cases & 36 fatalities reported to Aug 27

Comment

210 cases & 45 fatalities reported to Sep 3

Comment

Swine flu claims life of 3-yr-old boy

A three-year-old boy from Zirakpur became a victim of swine flu in the first such death reported from the town this year. The boy was admitted to the PGI in a critical condition on August 24 and was put on a ventilator. The vicitm’s throat swab samples were sent for testing and the report confirmed the H1N1 infection.
                              The boy’s condition deteriorated further and he succumbed to the virus at the PGI on September 3, said the health authorities. Sources said the family was advised to take the body with a proper wrapping to the cremation ground directly for the last rites.
                              The health authorities said the boy had reported fever and showed symptoms of the flu on August 13 and was getting treatment at a private clinic in Zirakpur.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/cha...oy/462970.html

Comment

Working...
                              X