Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Div?s swine flu death rate 4 times more than natl avg

tnn | Oct 21, 2017, 05:55 IST

Nagpur: The death rate due to swine flu in Nagpur division is four times more than the average of the entire country, the latest data by the state government has revealed.
    According to the state government, there is a strong surveillance system in Maharashtra because of which maximum number of cases is being reported.
    Altogether 37,107 cases of swine flu have been reported in the country so far this year, of which 2,025 people have died. Accordingly, the death rate of the county due to the deadly virus is 5.45%.
    As per the state public health department, there have been 569 positive cases in Nagpur division till October 18, of which 108 patients (18.98%) have died.

Bringing the state toll to at least 676. - Ro
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Pregnant swine flu preventive vaccination jam
      Swine flu prevention vaccine has been created in government hospitals for five months
      Mahesh Bokade, Nagpur. | Updated: October 22, 2017 5:45 AM

Government vaccines in government hospitals; In ten months, the number of people killed in 681
      While swine flu is increasing in the state, in most government hospitals, there has been a problem of 'swine flu' preventive vaccine for five months and stop the pregnancy prevention (Influenza-A, H1N1) vaccine.
      The highest risk of swine flu is diabetes, blood pressure, pregnant women, cardiology, kidney and lung disorders. In order to avoid this, in 2015, the state's health department's technical committee recommended the 'Swine Flu' -feed vaccine for those patients. Accordingly, starting July 2015, the preventive vaccine of 'Swine Flu' (influenza-A, H1N1) has started issuing medical check-ups to all 224 centers, including all government hospitals in the state. There is no need to take the vaccine again until the delivery of this vaccine, but there is no vaccine available for pregnant women anywhere from January 1, 2017, when there is a 'swine flu'. In October 2017, one woman was not given any vaccine. So who is responsible for the death of someone due to swine flu infection? This question has been raised. Meanwhile,

The maximum deaths were in Pune division (210) followed by Nagpur division (108), Nashik division (91), Kolhapur division (81), Thane division (64), Aurangabad division (47), Akola division (38), Latur division 10), Mumbai (32). The maximum deaths in Vidarbha have been reported in Nagpur city (42). On this topic, Health Minister Dr. Deepak Sawant and Health Director Dr. Satish Pawar could not be contacted on the phone.

4 deaths of 9 women, including pregnant women
      Since August 21, 2017 till today, 4 pregnant women have died due to 'swine flu'. It includes one woman each from Pardi of Sangli, Satara, Amravati and Nagpur, and from March 4 to March, 5 women have died due to swine flu in Ahmednagar, Amravati, Pune, Nagpur, Nashik. People are scared of swine flu.
      Complaints of swine flu prevention vaccine are not available in many government hospitals in the state for pregnant women including pregnant women and the Gazetted Medical Officers Association. The patient is the focus of the health department. To provide relief to them, the government should immediately make vaccines available to all the hospitals.
      - Dr. Pramod Raskhwar, State Secretary, Gazetted Medical Officer Association (Mago)
      Although the health department has a shortage of swine flu vaccines, the district surgeons have been given the right to buy vaccines from the fund of 1.38 lakh each for the treatment of hypertensive patients. Accordingly, vaccinations are being given to pregnant women at the place where necessary. They will be made available if not where.
      Dr. M.S. DGGC, Joint Director, Health Services (Disease Department)
      Marathi Batmya- Read here Daily Trending, Viral , Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Health, Business News in Marathi ताज्या मराठी बातम्या at https://loksatta.com/
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Swine flu cases on the rise
        Namrata Devikar
        12.21 AM

Pune: From January 2017 till October 22, around 686 swine flu deaths have been recorded in the State, reported officials from the State Health Department. Adding to the concern, around 30 patients from the State are on the ventilator, out of which 15 patients are from Pune, 14 from Nagpur and one from Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC).

According to the State Health Department, the highest number of deaths in the State is from Nashik district ? a total of 74, followed by Nagpur with 58 deaths and then by Pune rural with 50 deaths. The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has reported 43 deaths. From January 1 to October 22, around 17,98,401 patients have been tested for swine flu. Out of which, 51,226 swab samples were sent for testing and 5,938 tested positive for swine flu. Till Sunday, 268 patients were admitted to the hospitals and 686 patients lost their lives across the State.
        According to the State Health Department, the highest number of deaths in the State is from Nashik district – a total of 74, followed by Nagpur with 58 deaths and then by Pune rural with 50 deaths. The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has reported 43 deaths. From January 1 to October 22, around 17,98,401 patients have been tested for swine flu. Out of which, 51,226 swab samples were sent for testing and 5,938 tested positive for swine flu. Till Sunday, 268 patients were admitted to the hospitals and 686 patients lost their lives across the State

Comment

• 2017 records highest no. of swine flu deaths

Santosh Sonawane | TNN | Updated: Oct 24, 2017, 23:31 IST

Nashik: The present year has recorded the highest number of deaths caused by swine flu in the region since the outbreak of the influenza in 2009.
          Despite the efforts made by the district administration, people continue to succumb to this deadly flu. This year, 89 people have lost their lives. Among the dead, 19 were from outside Nashik.
          With its outbreak in 2009, 22 deaths were caused in the district due to the flu. The disease continued to claim lives in following years. In 2015 H1N1 claimed 87 lives in the district.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Maharashtra.png
Views:	42
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	784538
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Maharashtra 1.png
Views:	43
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	784539

Comment

• Elderly woman dies of swine flu in Nashik

Nashik, Nov 4 (UNI) A 75-year-old woman died of swine flu at the district civil hospital here, taking the toll of the victims of H1N1 in the district up to 84 this year.

The deceased, Mathura Dattatray Nadge, a resident of Sahyadri colony at Jail Road near Nashik Road area of the city, was admitted to the civil hospital with symptoms of swine flu on Thursday but her condition deteriorated and she died on Friday.

The medical report had revealed that Ms Nadge was suffering from dengue and swine flu, sources said.

Nashik, Nov 4 (UNI) A 75-year-old woman died of swine flu at the district civil hospital here, taking the toll of the victims of H1N1 in the district up to 84 this year.

Comment

• 5998 cases with 716 fatalities to Oct 29.

Comment

• At 330, more swine flu cases than 2014-15 outbreak

TNN | Updated: Nov 5, 2017, 11:15 IST

NAGPUR: This year, the rate of positive swine flu cases has broken all past records. It has surpassed the virus outbreak that occurred in 2014-15 too.
                  Totally, 330 positive cases have been reported in the city till 5pm on Friday. The numbers are likely to go up as December to February is considered as peak season for swine flu. Between April 2014 and March 2015 (the records are maintained for the financial year), there were 325 cases.
                  However, as compared to 2014-15 when 55 people succumbed to the virus, this year there have been only 37 deaths.

Comment

• H1N1 virus claimed 719 lives in state this year
                    Recently, officials said, several meetings were conducted to prepare a plan of action for the next few months, when the cases are expected to rise. Diggikar said, ?We have placed an order for 500 doses of the vaccine for all the high-risk districts.?
                    Written by Anuradha Mascarenhas | Pune | Published:November 6, 2017 5:15 am

THE SWINE flu (H1N1) virus has claimed at least 719 lives and infected over 6,056 people in the state this year, health authorities have said. As many as 18.87 lakh people have been screened with symptoms of the flu, said officials. According to Dr M S Diggikar, acting joint director of health, swine flu cases were occurring every alternate year. ?While just 80 cases of H1N1 virus were reported last year, in 2015, over 8,500 cases and 905 deaths were reported,? he added.
                    Recently, officials said, several meetings were conducted to prepare a plan of action for the next few months, when the cases are expected to rise. Diggikar said, “We have placed an order for 500 doses of the vaccine for all the high-risk districts.”

Comment

• Maharashtra leads with maximum number of deaths due to Swine Flu

Nov 10, 2017, 10:29 AM IST | Source : MIRROR NOW

Recent reports have suggested that Maharashtra leads the country with the highest number of swine flu deaths.

As many as 723 deaths due to the virus were reported in the state in 2017 followed by 655 in Gujarat. With almost 19 lakh citizens being screened for symptoms of flu, 6250 H1N1 positive cases were reported.

Comment

• 6,071 cases with 729 fatalities to Nov 5.

Comment

• Pune witnesses a dip in swine flu cases as winter approaches
                          By Darshana Daga on November 17, 2017

As of Friday, November 17, only one patient from the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) limits was on ventilator support. According to the data provided by the heath department of the PMC, till date, 7, 84,873 patients have been screened for H1N1 and 23,881 patients were administered with Tamiflu

Pune witnesses a dip in swine flu cases as winter approaches

With the onset of winter, doctors in Pune say that Maharashtra will witness a healthier season this year, due to the drop in number of swine flu related cases.

While the total swine flu deaths across the state in the month of October were 75, the number in November was low as six. As of today, the state has registered 744 swine flu deaths. Doctors in the city said that the number of patients in the coming days will decrease.

Comment

• Swine flu sees spike in Maharashtra, again
                            By Times-Mumbai - November 19, 2017
                            A health department official said that as on Friday, the number of patients testing positive for swine flu stood at 6,113, while mortalities were 744. The deaths recorded in November were six, and in the fatalities recorded so far, 32 patients are from other states like Madhya Pradesh (24), Karnataka (five), Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat (one each).

The highest number of H1N1 deaths have been recorded in Nashik (77), followed by Nagpur (61), Pune rural (56), Ahmednagar (53), Pune city and Kolhapur (49 each). Mumbai accounts for 20 deaths.

Comment

• Another victim of 'swine flu' in Akola!
                              The swine flu virus has taken another victim in the city for the last few months. An elderly man who has been taking treatment for swine flu since 15 days in a private hospital in the city died on Monday, November 20.
                              By Lokmat News Network | Follow| Published: Nov 22, 2017 02:15 AM | Updated: November 22, 2017 02:18 AM

Lokmat News Network
                              Akola: The swine flu that took place in the city for the last few months has taken another victim on Monday. An elderly man who has been taking treatment for swine flu since 15 days in a private hospital in the city died on Monday, November 20. The Health Department has confirmed this. Meanwhile, information about three suspected cases of swine flu have been reported in Savarkar Hospital .
                              Swine flu is a highly infectious disease caused by H1N1 virus. At the beginning of this year, in Akola City, the disease spread and took many lives. Injured swine flu patients were not found; But for some days, the disease has again raised its head. An elderly person from a reputable area in the city was admitted to a notified private hospital in the first week of November after the symptoms of swine fluid sickness were noticed. When the samples of this old man's squad were sent for inspection, the report received swine flu positive. During the treatment, this old man died on Monday, November 20th. Meanwhile, three suspected cases of swine flu are undergoing treatment at specialty hospital in Swargate Hospital. This includes 70-year-old aged and 16-year-old young people. All three of them have been sampled. They have been sent to the laboratory for inspection. Their report will be clear after the report has arrived. Sources said that the condition of three of them is still good.

Since the risk of swine flu is not completely avoided, citizens need to be careful. If swine fluid symptoms are detected, do not take sick, you should be shown to the doctor immediately.
                              - Dr. Rajkumar Chavan,
                              District Surgeon, Akola.
                              गत काही महिन्यांपासून शहरात धुमाकूळ घालणार्‍या स्वाइन फ्लू या आजाराने सोमवारी आणखी एक बळी घेतला. शहरातील एका खासगी इस्पितळात गत १५ दिवसांपासून ‘स्वाइन फ्लू’आजारावर उपचार घेत असलेल्या एका वृद्धाचा सोमवार, २0 नोव्हेंबर रोजी मृत्यू झाला.

Comment

• 6,116 cases with 746 fatalities to November 19.

Comment

Working...
                                X