Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine flu death toll rises to 14 in Thane
    ? By Prerana Bharade | Jul 21, 2017 08:13 am
    The Additional Commissioner of Thane Municipal Corporation, Sameer Unhale, recently tested positive for swine flu, followed by another official, deputy commissioner Maneesh Joshi. ?By now 292 cases have been detected in Thane city, of which 56 patients are from outside the city. Till date 14 deaths have been reported, of which 10 patients were from outside the city and four were from Thane,? said Dr RT Kendre, chief health officer of Thane corporation.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• More women fall prey to swine flu, report reveals

Umesh Isalkar | TNN | Updated: Jul 21, 2017, 08:43 AM IST

PUNE: Swine flu virus has killed more women than men this year, so far.
      This trend was revealed in the analysis of state's 313 swine flu casualties recorded between January 1 and July 17. "In the age bracket of young adults ? 21 to 30 years ? more women have died of swine flu in Maharashtra this year," the death analysis report of the state health department stated.
      A total of 21 women had succumbed to the contagion from this year age bracket (21-30 years) as against four deaths of their male counterparts in the same age group. Cases recorded in Pune city also underline this fact. "We have 26 cases in the age bracket of 21 to 30 years. Of them, 21 are that of women and rest six that of men," Anjali Sabne, assistant medical officer of health, Pune Municipal Corporation, said.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• H1N1 outbreak in Maharashtra: 16 deaths in 24 hours

Jul 21, 2017, 6:19 AM IST | Source : MIRROR NOW

Maharashtra is staring at an outbreak of the H1N1 virus, popularly known as the swine flu as recent reports scream of 16 deaths recorded in a mere 24-hours.

A recent report also revealed that H1N1 has claimed more lives in the state than Malaria. Every fifth person who underwent a test for influenza H1N1 since April in the city has tested positive for the virus.
        http://www.mirrornow.in/videos/urban...24-hours/48615

Swine flu claims 335 lives in Maharashtra
        Mumbai | Friday, Jul 21 2017 IST

Swine flu has claimed as many as 335 lives in Maharashtra so far this year, with Pune alone accounting for more than one-fourth of the fatalities, a government official said today.
        Four of the victims hailed from adjoining Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh (two each), who were admitted to state hospitals, where they succumbed to the H1N1 infection, according to a report compiled by the Maharashtra Health Department.

"During the period from January 1 to June 26, 15,003 patients showed swine flu like symptoms and were administered medicines as a preventive measure," joint director of Family Welfare, Mukund Diggikar said while talking to media persons here.

Of these patients, 1,106 tested positive for the deadly virus, he said and informed that among them, 23 were from neighbouring states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.

"H1N1 infection has been the cause of death of 335 people in Maharashtra between January 1 and June 26.

https://news.webindia123.com/news/Ar...1/3152004.html

Comment: This fatality toll seems high - I have not seen a report this high anywhere else. - Ro

Comment

• Flu menace: H1N1 claims 326 in Maharashtra
          THE ASIAN AGE. | VRUSHALI PURANDARE Published : Jul 22, 2017, 1:00 am IST Updated : Jul 22, 2017, 1:01 am IST

Women account for 60 per cent of deceased this year, report reveals.
          The H1N1 virus claimed 326 lives in Maharashtra from January 1 to July 17, with 29 people succumbing to swine flu in the last week alone.
          Dr Mukund Diggikar, who holds the additional charge for epidemic diseases in the state health department, said, ?From January to Thursday, 326 people have succumbed to infections; 11,72,478 patients have been screened out of which 3,015 tested positive; and 12 people are on ventilators.?
          Around 23,739 people are on Oseltamivir

Three more die of swine flu in Maharashtra, toll rises to 327
          At least 22 people died of H1N1 infections in Mumbai in 2017, and more than 500 cases were registered.

IANS
          Three people died of swine flu in Mumbai and Thane in the past 48 hours, taking the toll in Maharashtra this year to 327, The Indian Express reported on Saturday. Two deaths were reported on Thursday and one on Friday.
          https://scroll.in/latest/844687/thre...l-rises-to-327

Comment

• Swine flu toll touches 71
            ST Correspondent
            12.27 AM

Pune: A 59-year-old woman from Yerwada died due to swine flu on Saturday at 1.44 pm taking the city toll to 71 as reported by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) Health Department on Friday.
            Since January, 4,62,947 patients were screened for swine flu and 1,461 swab samples sent for testing and 350 found positive for H1N1. Around 8,798 patients were administered Tamiflu tablets.
            Pune: A 59-year-old woman from Yerwada died due to swine flu on Saturday at 1.44 pm taking the city toll to 71 as reported by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PM

Comment

• Swine flu claims three more lives, 13 patients turn critical

TNN | Updated: Jul 25, 2017, 12:00 AM IST
              Pune: Three more persons succumbed to swine flu at different hospitals in the city in the past two days, taking the toll to 74 so far this year.
              The civic health officials confirmed the deaths on Monday. The condition of another 13 patients down with swine flu is critical. They have been put on ventilator support at different hospitals in the city.
              A 53-year-old man of Loni Khurd village (Vijapur taluka) in Aurangabad district developed influenza-like illness on July 23. A patient of diabetes and hypertension, he initially sought medical care from a neighbourhood doctor and later got admitted to a hospital in Aurangabad .

Another victim, a 52-year-old resident of Sinhagad Road,

The man was recently diagnosed with diabetes.

Another 46-year-old woman, a resident of Utroli (Bhor) village in Pune district
              She was shifted to Joshi hospital near Kamla Nehru Park the same day for better medical care. The woman was recently diagnosed with diabetes.

Comment

• 10-year-old Aryan, the swine victim
                So far, 10 year old Aryan Medhekar in Thane city died due to swine flu, 15 death toll in the city and 29 deaths in the district so far. With this, the health department has clarified that the preventive vaccine is not yet available so that the population is not available in the populated cities like Thane.
                By Lokmat News Network | Follow| Published: -24822 seconds ago | Updated: -24827 seconds ago

Thane: The death of 10-year-old Aryan Medhekar in Thane city has killed 15 people and death toll in the district has risen to 29. The health department has made it clear that the preventive vaccine needed to not be over-crowded in the populated cities like Thane is still not available. The vaccine is available in a private hospital but it is seen that the government is not able to provide the swine vaccine in government hospitals due to non-governmental anomalies.
                Aryan, a resident of Khopat in Thane, had a swine flu infection. He was admitted to a private hospital for treatment. But on Monday night he got his life. Meanwhile, local BJP corporator Narayan Pawar, along with the local residents, said that on Tuesday afternoon, R. T. The centers were encircled by the centers. When Swine is increasing, he asked why the administration is spreading awareness among the administration. Public awareness is underway. Also, other measures are being taken.
                Meanwhile, the preventive vaccine needed for this swine flu is available. When asked about this, Pawar said that the discussions are going on in the matter of phone with the concerned company.

The Health Department has asked for 25 thousand vaccines. But they have not been available by demand for many days. The vaccine is available at a private hospital for Rs 810 and the vaccine is given at the government hospital for Rs 358. Due to the discrepancy, private hospitals and private hospitals making vaccines for private hospitals will not be able to get the vaccine from government hospitals. In view of the increased risk of swine, Guardian Minister Eknath Shinde had also held a review meeting in this regard. After that, he had ordered the concerned system to make vaccine available. But there is still a scarcity of these vaccines. From 1st January to 25th July, 1 lakh 37 thousand 469 rupees have been examined in the context of the flu. In this 605 people have been infected with swine and 412 patients have been treated and left home. So still 168 patients are admitted to various hospitals for treatment. So far, 29 people have died from swine in Thane district. The highest number of deaths in the Thane is 15 rupees. After that, both died in Kalyan-Dombivli, 5, Mira-Bharinder-4 and Navi Mumbai Municipal boundary. From 1st January to 25th July, 1 lakh 37 thousand 469 rupees were examined in the context of the flu. In this 605 people have been infected with swine and 412 patients have been treated and left home. So still 168 patients are admitted to various hospitals for treatment. So far, 29 people have died from swine in Thane district. The highest number of deaths in the Thane is 15 rupees. After that, both died in Kalyan-Dombivli, 5, Mira-Bharinder-4 and Navi Mumbai Municipal boundary. From 1st January to 25th July, 1 lakh 37 thousand 469 rupees were examined in the context of the flu. In this 605 people have been infected with swine and 412 patients have been treated and left home. So still 168 patients are admitted to various hospitals for treatment. So far, 29 people have died from swine in Thane district. The highest number of deaths in the Thane is 15 rupees. After that, both died in Kalyan-Dombivli, 5, Mira-Bharinder-4 and Navi Mumbai Municipal boundary.
                ठाणे शहरातील १० वर्षांच्या आर्यन मेढेकर याचा स्वाइन फ्लूने मृत्यू झाल्याने आतापर्यंत शहरातील मृतांची संख्या १५ तर जिल्ह्यातील मृतांची संख्या २९ झाली आहे. ही साथ ठाण्यासारख्या दाट लोकवस्तीच्या शहरात अधिक पसरु नये याकरिता आवश्यक असलेली प्रतिबंधात्मक लस अद्यापही उपलब्ध नसल्याचे महापालिकेच्या आरोग्य विभागाने स्पष्ट केले आहे

Deadly Virus: 330 deaths due to swine flu in Maharashtra
                — By Swapnil Mishra | Jul 25, 2017 11:05 am FOLLOW US:

Mumbai: Swine flu, the viral illness that had become a pandemic in 2009, has claimed more than 600 lives across the country and more than 12,000 H1N1 cases have been reported till the middle of 2017. According to the report provided by the state surveillance from January 2017 to Sunday (July 23), 2017, Maharashtra has been the worst affected by swine flu, claiming 330 deaths out of which 35 deaths took place in Nashik followed by Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad, and Mumbai.
                The state surveillance officer said that 11,72,478 patients have been screened since January, and 3,015 tested were showing symptoms of swine flu.
                “Around 23,739 people are on Oseltamivir, swine flu tablets, while 12 people are on ventilators.
                Deaths due to swine flu

Nashik 35

Pune 29

Nagpur 24

Aurangabad 23

Thane 20

Mumbai 15
                http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumba...ashtra/1109494

Comment

• Swine flu fever increased throughout the state
                  3101 deaths, 330 patients die; Most victims of Nashik city
                  Representative, Mumbai | Updated: July 26, 2017 1:03 AM

Of the 330 patients, 2 are from Karnataka and 3 are from Madhya Pradesh.
                  Currently, 419 patients are admitted to hospital due to swine flu infection. In Pune, 11 patients have been kept on ventilator and two patients in Pimpri-Chinchwad and Nagpur have been placed on ventilators.
                  Marathi Batmya- Read here Daily Trending, Viral , Sports, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Health, Business News in Marathi ताज्या मराठी बातम्या at https://loksatta.com/

Comment

• 26 JULY 2017 Last Updated at 11:17 PM
                    Maha to form panel in each municipal area to probe H1N1 deaths
                    There are currently 3,181 people in the state who have been infected with swine flu Of these, 2,036 cases were detected in June and July As many as 108 deaths were reported in these months and 56 deaths are in Mumbai and Thane, said the health minister
                    In the state, 338 swine flu deaths were reported (so far this year). Out of the total number of deceased, five hailed from Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
                    https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscr...deaths/1109052
                    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; July 27, 2017, 04:30 AM. Reason: fixed date

Comment

• Swine flu toll goes up to 25 in PCMC limits
                      Tanaji Khot
                      Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Pimpri: Two people died due to swine flu in Pimpri Chinchwad in the past two days, which took the death toll due to the disease to 25 since January this year.
                      A 73-year-old man, who hailed from Satara, died due to swine flu on Sunday. On Monday, a 53-year-old man died due to the infection at the district civil hospital in Aundh. Three new patients were reported on Monday while five more patients were detected during the screening at the YCM Hospital.
                      So far this year, 60,473 swine flu patients visited various hospitals of the PCMC with flu symptoms. Tamiflu was given to 6,250 patients. Swabs of 401 patients were sent to lab for testing, of these 298 patients turned out to be positive cases. In all, 34 patients were put on ventilator so far while 25 succumbed to the infection.
                      Pimpri: Two people died due to swine flu in Pimpri Chinchwad in the past two days, which took the death toll due to the disease to 25 since January this year. 

Comment

• Death of a 4-year-old daughter in Thiergate by swine flu
                        Morning news service
                        03.00 AM

Pimpri - A four-year-old girl died in a private hospital in Theravada on Wednesday (26 [July]). Swine flu has killed 26 people in the last seven months in the current year.

It is located in Indore (Mawal), a native of the village. She was admitted to the hospital for treatment on 25th. On the same day, samples of her throat serials were taken for testing. After the inspection, she was diagnosed with swine flu. He is being treated at the hospital's ICU.

Pimpri - A four-year-old girl died in a private hospital in Theravada on Wednesday (26 January). Swine flu has killed 26 people in the last seven months in the current year.

It is located in Indore (Mawal), a native of the village. She was admitted to the hospital for treatment on 25th. On the same day, samples of her throat serials were taken for testing. After the inspection, she was diagnosed with swine flu. He is being treated at the hospital's ICU.
                        पिंपरी - स्वाइन फ्लूने बुधवारी (ता.२६) थेरगाव येथील खासगी रुग्णालयात चारवर्षीय मुलीचा मृत्यू झाला. चालू वर्षात गेल्या सात महिन्यांमध्ये स्वाइन फ्लूने एकूण २६ जण

Comment

• Two patients died due to swine flu
                          By Lokmat News Network | Follow| Published: 2 days ago | Updated: 2 days ago

♦ Dead Ratnagiri, Gandhinagar, Health Department, Khadabadali
                          ♦ District started treatment in 19 patients;
                          ♦ Discharge of 38 out of the remaining 50 patients
                          Lokmat News Network,
                          Kolhapur: Two swine flu patients died due to swine flu infection due to climate change. The deceased were identified as Raghunath Mahadev Sawant (66), resident of Dapoli, Ratnagiri and Lata Kusreja (47) of Gandhinagar. Due to the death of two patients of swine flu on the same day, the health administration is rattled. So, after January 2017, the number of deaths of swine in the district has reached 15. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, a total of 19 patients are taking Swine treatment at the government hospital in the district, out of which 8 are admitted in the CPR.
                          Two patients died due to swine flu. - Latest Marathi News (मराठी बातम्या). Find Breaking Headlines, Current and Latest kolhapur news in Marathi at Lokmat.com

Comment

• Swine flu claims 10 in rural areas since January

KOLHAPUR: The rural areas of the district have been witnessing the spread of swine flu as the number of deaths has touched 10 so far this month.

L S Patil, civil surgeon, Kolhapur district, said that an awareness drive is on and citizens need to be extra cautious during the monsoon season.

He said, "This year we have witnessed 16 deaths due to H1N1 virus. Eight of these deaths have occurred in July and it is very worrying. We have ample stock of Tamiflu tablets. We also have 34 advanced ambulances and around six basic ambulances available 24 hours a day for seven days a week. I assure that the administration is equipped with all the medical needs. Citizens too need to be extra cautious about their surroundings."

Comment

• Four more succumbed to swine flu in Pune, death toll reaches 80
                              By Darshana Daga on July 31, 2017

Pune reported the highest number of swine flu deaths till July. And now, the death toll has gone up to 80. 3,224 patients were screened for H1N1 virus today and 111 have been administered for Tamiflu tablets. Six swab samples have been sent for testing and three have been tested positive. Early diagnosis and quick treatment is the solution, informed experts
                              PMC officials informed that 65 year-old man, who did not suffer from any major illness, succumb to swine flu on July 29. The swab sample of this man was sent for testing to National Institute of Virology (NIV) on July 19 and was tested positive for swine flu on the same date.

Another 96 year-old man from Pune also died on July 29; he was diagnosed with renal failure too. A 52-yearold and a 44-year-old man from the city succumbed to swine flu on 30 and 31 July respectively.

Comment

• Pune in grip of swine flu; 80 dead since Jan

Pune, Aug 1 (UNI) People's health in Pune is showing alarming trends with two more people succumbing to swine flu, taking the toll to 80 since January this year.
                                A 96-year old man from Wanowrie and another from Budhwar Peth, aged 52, died due to H1N1 virus-related complication here last evening.
                                Of the 80 deceased, 24 hailed from the city only.
                                A 44-year old man from Satara and a 65-year-old man from Ahmednagar, who had sought treatment at private hospital in Pune, died of H1N1 last week.
                                Since January this year, a total of 375 people have been found positive with H1N1 virus.
                                Currently, 11 people have been reported critical and on mechanical ventilation, a release issued from the PMC stated today.

Comment

Working...
                                X