• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punjab Influenza 2016, 64 fatalities

Link to 2015 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-59-fatalities

Another swine flu death in Amritsar
    BureauThursday, January 7th, 2016
    Immortal Light, AmritsarUpdated @ 10:31 PM IST

Swine flu in Amritsar on Thursday Gurmej Singh (45) were killed. He was being treated in hospital for several days, people. Health officials said Desraj Harjinder Singh died of swine flu on December 27 when blood samples were sent for medical examination only in laboratory in College Gurmej Singh sample report swine Symptoms of the flu were found. Then the people treated in hospital was running on Ajnala Road. Medical team of Gurmej blood relatives were sent to the Laboratory of Medical College. While, Amritsar swine flu death toll is now two. Awan, a resident of the village on December 27 last Rmdas Harjinder Singh died of swine flu. There are three such patients suffer from the flu cure Moving Guru Ram Hospital.
    http://www.amarujala.com/news/city/a...er-hindi-news/
    Last edited by tetano; February 1, 2016, 05:19 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Another patient dies of swine flu, toll reaches two

Manmeet Singh Gill
    Tribune News Service
    Amritsar, January 10
    Another swine flu patient has died at a private hospital here last night. Tests conducted by the swine flu lab at Government Medical College had confirmed the disease. It was the second death due to swine flu in the district during the current season.
    Earlier on December 28, a 58-year-old had died after he contracted the disease.
    The district health authorities said samples of family members of the deceased, who was a resident of Heir village near Ajnala, had been collected to know if they had been infected or not.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Posted at: Jan 15 2016 1:26AM
      Swine flu claims two more lives in city

Manav Mander
      Tribune News Service
      Ludhiana, January 14

Two deaths due to swine flu were reported from the hospitals in the city today.
      One of the patients belonged to Moga, while another was from Muktsar Sahib. One of the patients was admitted to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), while another was admitted to the Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH).
      District Epidemiologist Dr Ramesh said two swine flu deaths have been reported from the city. ?The patient admitted to DMCH had left against medical advice (LAMA) and gone back and succumbed to the flu after reaching home. Another patient died at CMCH,? Dr Ramesh said.
      With this, the toll of swine flu deaths has reached four. A cloth trader from Tarn Taran was the first one to lose his life to swine flu in October. The second patient who succumbed to flu was a pregnant woman named Jyoti. She belonged to Sri Muktsar Sahib and lost her life after giving birth to a baby girl. Both patients were admitted to DMCH.

Comment

wine flu spreading in Punjab feet, another person died, 65 patients admitted in hospitals
        Reported by Bhasha , Last Updated: मंगलवार जनवरी 19, 2016 05:08 AM IST

Swine flu spreading in Punjab feet, another person died, 65 patients admitted in hospitals

Ludhiana: Christian Medical College and Hospital here with swine flu has killed another person. Additionally H1 N1 virus in the city death toll to five years. Dr. Ramesh said one person was killed, while the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital admitted a woman in the H 1 N 1 of the symptoms have been found. The total number of patients admitted to local hospitals is 65.
        स्वाइन फ्लू से यहां क्रिश्चन मेडिकल कॉलेज एंड हास्पिटल में एक और व्यक्ति की मौत हो गई। इसके साथ ही एच1एन1 वायरस से शहर में मरने वालों की संख्या पांच हो गई है।

Comment

Woman dies of swine flu at CMC

TNN | Jan 19, 2016, 03.13 PM IST

Ludhiana: The district witnessed this year's first death due to swine flu on Monday.

District epidemiologist Dr Ramesh Kumar said the deceased, a 47-year-old woman from Pakhowal Block, was admitted to CMC hospital about a week ago. He added that another swine flu patient from Moga has been admitted to a city hospital on Monday.
          Till now the virus has claimed five lives in the city with only one victim belonging to the district.

Comment

Another swine flu patient succumbs
            HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Ludhiana | Updated: Jan 21, 2016 00:24 IST

Just four days after the death of a woman suffering from swine flu at Christian Medical College and Hospital (CMCH), another woman from Bathinda succumbed at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) late on Tuesday evening.
            The woman had delivered a child on January 16 who was also sick and admitted at the hospital.

The 37-year-old woman was admitted to the DMCH after she was found infected by swine flu last week. After giving birth, the woman and her child were put on ventilator due to their deteriorating condition.

District epidemiologist Dr Ramesh Bhagat said the Bathinda woman had delivered a child on January 16.
            http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab...nriGrH1AM.html

Comment

Mohali Records First Swine Flu Death This Year, 3 Patients In Hospitals

Mohali: The city recorded its first swine flu death this year as a 60-year-old woman died of the disease at a private facility today even as three other patients remain under treatment at different hospitals.

Gurdip Kaur, from Pehowa in Kurukshetra (Haryana), died at Ivy Hospital at Sec 71. This is the first H1N1 death in the town this year, Civil Surgeon Dr Neelam Bhardwaj said.

She said though the patient died in a hospital in Mohali, there was nothing to panic as she belonged to a town in Haryana.

The city recorded its first swine flu death this year as a 60-year-old woman died of the disease at a private facility today even as three other patients remain under treatment at different hospitals.

Comment

Two more swine flu cases reported in city

TNN | Jan 22, 2016, 09.33 AM IST

Ludhiana: One more swine flu patient died in the city on Thursday taking the total toll in the district to 7.
                He added, that till now a total of 74 suspected cases have been reported in the city, including those from other districts, and out of these 10 have tested positive for swine flu.

Comment

Increased risk of swine flu in Punjab, 7th death

Friday, January 22, 2016-3: 55 PM

Ludhiana / Chandigarh (Segal, ramjeet): CMC In a 80-year-old woman died of swine flu. The woman was hospitalized for several days and was a resident of Ludhiana.

7th death from swine flu in the city's hospitals. So far, 10 cases of swine flu have been confirmed and 74 suspected cases of swine flu in addition Dayanand Hospital 2 new cases have been reported. Both female patients and the other 33-year-old girl, a 38-year-old woman Faridkot is a resident of Sangrur.
                  सी.एम.सी. में स्वाइन फ्लू से एक 80 वर्षीय महिला की मौत हो गई। उक्त महिला पिछले कई दिनों से अस्पताल में भर्ती थी और लुधियाना की रहने वाली थी।

Comment

Ludhiana

Posted at: Jan 26 2016 1:44AM
                    One more dies of swine flu

Manav Mander
                    Tribune News Service
                    Ludhiana, January 25
                    One more patient died of swine flu at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) today. With the death of the patient (50), who belonged to Ferozepur, the swine flu toll at at the city hospitals has gone up to eight.
                    A perusal of this year’s data reveals the number of women dying of swine flu is more than the previous year. Of eight patients who lost their lives to swine flu this year, five were women. Two of them died after delivery.
                    Dr Ramesh, District Epidemiologist, said the number of women patients dying of swine flu this year was slightly more but that was just a coincidence. “Two of them belonged to high-risk categories as they were pregnant. The strain of virus that has been spreading for the past couple of years is the same, so there is nothing like that women are more vulnerable to the flu,” he said.
                    http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/lud...lu/188199.html

Ferozepur woman dies of swine flu at DMCH
                    HT Correspondent, HinuustanTimes, Ludhiana | Updated: Jan 26, 2016 00:20 IST
                    Share 0 Share Share Share
                    A 50-year-old woman succumbed to swine flu at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) on Monday.
                    The woman was admitted to the hospital on January 21. She was in a critical condition and later put on a ventilator. Dr Ramesh Bhagat, district epidemiologist, said the woman was a resident of Ferozepur and was suffering from swine flu after which she was admitted to the DMCH.

Comment

Swine flu death of the son of former councilor
                      BureauWednesday, January 27th, 2016
                      Immortal Light, FaridkotUpdated @ 3:08 PM IST

Kotkpura (Faridkot). Amritsar young man suffering from swine flu died in the Civil Hospital. Deceased local old city resident Sanjeev Kumar (32), son of former councilor Satish Kumar was admitted a few days ago, Amritsar. According to family members of ill-health on Lohri Sanjeev was first admitted to a private hospital. Not recover her health at Faridkot Medical College Hospital and was later admitted to a private hospital in Amritsar. On the confirmation of swine flu when it was shifted to a government hospital in Amritsar, where he died. SMO Dr. Ghazi said Sanjeev Kumar Ujer cause of death is being explored.
                      स्वाइन फ्लू से पीड़ित युवक की अमृतसर के सिविल अस्पताल में मौत हो गई।

Comment

Swine flu scare in state, 11 die in three weeks

Vishav Bharti
                        Tribune News Service
                        Chandigarh, January 27
                        With 11 deaths in just three weeks, H1N1 influenza (swine flu) is spreading its tentacles in the state.
                        The more worrying factor is that there is almost a 50 per cent mortality rate when it comes to H1N1 in the state.
                        According to the state?s Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP), 25 cases of H1N1 have been reported so far since the first case was reported on January 3.
                        Out of 25, 11 people have succumbed to viral fever. The cases are spread all across the state and deaths have been reported in all three regions.

Comment

Swine flu claims another life; death toll reaches 10

Manav Mander
                          Tribune News Service
                          Ludhiana, January 30
                          One more death due to swine flu has taken the death toll to 10 [in Ludhiana city - Ro]. A 58-year-old woman admitted to the Dayanand Medical College and Hospital belonging to Ferozepur succumbed to the flu today.
                          District epidemiologist Dr Ramesh said the patient was admitted to DMCH on January 19 and breathed her last today.

Comment

Posted at: Feb 1 2016 1:11AM
                            Swine flu toll rises to 4 in Ferozepur

Ferozepur, January 31
                            Four deaths due to swine flu in a few days have triggered panic in this border town and alarmed the health authorities.
                            As per information, all the four patients were referred to various hospitals in Faridkot, Ludhiana and Chandi Mandir after they were tested positive, but they could not survive.

Comment

H1N1 threat: 18 deaths due to Swine Flu during January in Punjab, 33 found positive

CHANDIGARH: Swine Flu (H1N1) has become a severe threat in Punjab as so far 18 deaths have occurred in last month and so far 33 persons were tested positive for the deadly decease.

?Last month there were18 deaths reported from different districts and as many as 33 patients from Punjab who were tested positive for H1N1 virus are under treatment?, Director( Health) Dr HS Bali told punjabtribune.com
                              Giving district-wise detail of the deaths due to H1N1 virus in Punjab, Dr Bali said in Amritsar (1), Bathinda (2), Faridkot (3),Fatehgarh (1), Ferozepur (3), Ludhiana (2), Mansa (1), Moga (1), Muktsar (2) and in Patial two deaths were reported in January.

Comment

Working...
                              X