Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated: March 23, 2015 19:52 IST
    15 more succumb to swine flu; No. of cases at 32,482

Karnataka so far reported 80 swine flu deaths.
    http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/hea...cle7024671.ece
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine Flu Toll Inches Towards 2,000; Number of Cases Crosses 33,000
      All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: March 26, 2015 20:52 IST
      The death toll in Karnataka has reached 82 with 2,656 persons affected
      http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/swine...-33-000-749890
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Swine flu claims 20 more lives, toll rises to 2,064
        By PTI | 31 Mar, 2015, 07.34PM IST
        Karnataka has recorded 85 swine flu deaths with the number of those affected in the state touching 2,787.
        Read more at:
        Swine flu claimed the lives of 20 more persons as the death toll in the country rose to 2,064 while the number of persons affected by the H1N1 virus breached the 34,000-mark.

Comment

Karnataka Report Archive: http://karhfw.gov.in/H1N1.aspx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Karnataka.png
Views:	103
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	728407

Comment

H1N1 toll goes up to 13 as two more die in Dakshina Kannada

A(H1N1) influenza has claimed two lives in Dakshina Kannada in the last week.
            With this, the toll goes up to 13 in the district since January, according to Health Department officials.
            According to District Disease Surveillance Officer B.V. Rajesh, a 58-year-old woman from Maripalla village and a 21-year-old woman from Madantyar village in Belthangady taluk died of H1N1 in the last week of June.
            Both, Dr. Rajesh said, suffered from cough and cold and later developed breathlessness.
            It was on June 21 and June 22 that the two were found positive for influenza. Dr. Rajesh said that the 58-year-old woman failed to recover from the viral influenza and died a few days ago.

Comment

Dengue, viral influenza epidemic feared in district
              Udupi, July 2, 2015, DHNS:

DHO said H1NI influenza has come down in the district, as respiratory illness is less when compared to fever. The seasonal influenza could be avoided by taking acute precautionary measures while infected with respiratory illness. As many as 64 cases were reported positive from January to June and five deaths were reported. In the month of June, 31 were tested, three positive cases and two deaths were reported. The one deceased was 72 years old localite and was treated for H1NI in Dr T M P A Pai hospital and died in KMC, Manipal due to pneumonia on June 4.

The other patient was from Mumbai who was infected while travelling to Lakshadweep. The 33 years old died in KMC on June 24.
              The dengue, viral communicable influenza is spreading at an alarming rate in the district calling for an instant control on mosquito breeding and more importantly maintaining cleanliness and hygiene.

Comment - None of these recent deaths have raised the official toll for whatever reason.... - Ro

Name:	Karnataka.png
Views:	61
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	734675

Comment

H1N1 Snuffs Out Another Life

BENGALURU: Doctors from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases (RGICD) in Bengaluru on Wednesday confirmed one death due to H1N1 or swine flu.
                Dr Sashidhar Bugg, RGICD director, told Express that Sarasvathi (35), a resident of Mysore Road in Bengaluru, was admitted to the hospital on Sunday. Earlier, she was in Manipal North Side Hospital. The patient had been suffering from high fever for about two weeks when her condition turned critical.
                He said the patient was obese and weighed 90 kg and this was one of the morbid conditions according to doctors treating her. She had also developed viral septicaemia and there was hepatisation (hardening) of her lungs. She was put on ventilation for at least six days and also underwent tracheotomy on Tuesday. She died after her condition worsened on Wednesday morning.

Explore the latest news, opinions, and features from New Indian Express. Stay informed with breaking news, in-depth coverage, and expert perspectives on various topics.

Comment

Youth Dies of H1N1 in Manipal

MANIPAL: A 22-year-old youth from Andaaru village in Karkala taluk died of Influenza-A H1N1 at Kasturba Medical College (KMC) Hospital on Sunday.
                  He was admitted to the hospital a few days ago. Without responding to the treatment, the youth passed away on Sunday in the hospital. Son of Ramesh in Andaaru village, he was studying in an engineering college in Ujire. Sources said he also had a heart ailment.
                  So far a total of 81 cases of H1N1 and eight deaths were reported in the district this year. DHO Rohini appealed to people to get admitted to hospitals in case of symptoms like fever, cough, body pain, sore throat, headache, vomiting and diarrhoea.

Explore the latest news, opinions, and features from New Indian Express. Stay informed with breaking news, in-depth coverage, and expert perspectives on various topics.

Comment

18 month child, woman dies to H1N1 in Belagavi

BELAGAVI: Two persons including 18 months old child from the district reported to be died to the H1N1 epidemic in the past three days.

Darshan Baner, a baby from Sanganakeri village in Gokak taluk died in a private hospital of the city on Wednesday 8am while, Geeta Nikam from Mamadapur village in Chikkodi taluk died at private hospital in Kolhapur of Maharashtra, on 21st September.

According to the sources of district surveillance office, child Darshan was treating at the private hospital in Gokak town since past one week. Child was suffering by fever, viral infection and bloodlessness. After condition became critical, it was referred to the private children's hospital in Belagavi two days ago, where swab was collected and sent for testing, which reported H1N1 positive. Child died on Wednesday morning.

Another victim Geeta Nikam was suffering by pneumonia. She was getting treatment at the local village hospital. After condition became serious, she was referred to the private hospital in Nippani town where her swab samples were collected. After samples diagnosed H1N1 positive, she referred to hospital in Kolhapur. However, she died on 21st September in Kolhapur hospital.

Comment

H1N1 claims 85 lives in 9 months in Karnataka
                      Sunitha Rao R,TNN | Oct 2, 2015, 05.01 AM IST

BENGALURU: Dengue isn't the big killer this year, after all. Influenza A - or H1N1, as it's referred to - has claimed 85 lives in Karnataka since January this year. Bengaluru Urban district alone has reported 23 deaths, and 10 of them are from BBMP limits.

The flu incidence has been the highest this time, with the state reporting 3,436 cases till date. The previous low was in 2010 with 2,552 positive cases. In comparison, the state has seen 11 dengue deaths amid allegations of underreporting of cases.

As per the data available with TOI, some 10,900 patients across the state showed H1N1 symptoms during the first nine months of the year.
                      "There was an outbreak during April-May across the country. Hence, the cases are more this year in the state too," said Dr BG Prakash, state surveillance officer, health and family welfare department. Bengaluru reported more cases due to constant population movement, he said.

Dengue isn't the big killer this year, after all. Influenza A - or H1N1, as it's referred to - has claimed 85 lives in Karnataka since January this ye

Comment: The figure of 85 deaths (3.0% cfr) was reached by March 31st at which time 2,787 cases had been detected from 7,428 samples (37.5% positive).
                      Since then 649 cases have tested positive from 3,549 samples (18.3% positive) without any official fatalities reported. However deaths have been reported since April in Dakshin Kannada, Udupi, Bengaluru, Manipal and Belagavi. News reports tell of positive swab samples in each of these cases but, for whatever reason the state is not counting them. One can only assume that the official count represents only some fraction of the true burden of influenza cases and deaths. The fact that the state surveillance officer is unaware of when the outbreak peaked in his state is quite telling. - Ro

Comment

MYSURU, October 4, 2015
                        Updated: October 4, 2015 05:48 IST
                        Over 183 dengue cases this year in city so far
                        Dr. Chidambara said 115 persons contracted H1N1 between January and September, and five persons died. Besides this, 51 cases of chikungunya were reported.

Comment: The latest state report has 133 cases & 3 deaths from Mysore - Ro.

Name:	H1N1 india.png
Views:	56
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	739322

Comment

Name:	H1N1 Karnataka.png
Views:	55
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	739857

Comment

Views:	56
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	740549

Comment

Views:	50
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	740786

Comment

Views:	53
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	740829

Comment

Working...
                                X