Chandigarh Influenza 2015 - 9 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandigarh Influenza 2015 - 9 fatalities

Swine flu has reached Chandigarh. The city?s first-ever swine flu patient is a 39-year-old woman, who resides in Sector 42. She is now stable. The case was reported to the health authorities on Tuesday by Max Hospital, whereas the woman was admitted on January 2 after she complained of high fever and shivering. Following improvement in her condition, she has since been discharged and is at home.
    As a precaution, the Health Department has alerted all city hospitals. Talking to Newsline on Wednesday, the woman, who is a corporate trainer, said, ?On January 1, I had high-grade fever and shivering. The next day, I was admitted in the Max Hospital. After my condition improved, the doctors discharged me.?
    A throat swab of the patient was taken on January 3 and sent to Mumbai for testing. The results came on January 5 and revealed that she had tested positive for swine flu.
    - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/cit....gUZBc0Dp.dpuf

35-year-old dies of swine flu
    Tribune News Service
    Chandigarh, January 18
    A 35-year-old native of Khuda Lahora died of swine flu at the PGI here today. The deceased, who used to work in Haryana, was admitted to the PGI on Saturday in a critical state. This is the city?s first death due to swine flu in this season.
    ?We are monitoring the suspected cases on a day-to-day basis,? said the UT Director, Health Services (DHS), Dr VK Gagneja.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Woman dies of swine flu at PGI
      Tribune News Service
      Banur, February 1
      A swine flu death was reported at the PGI, Chandigarh, on January 30. The PGI authorities confirmed the death of a 27-year-old woman due to swine flu virus (H1N1) on Saturday night.
      A resident of Nandiali village, about 3km from here, the woman was admitted to Gian Sagar Hospital after she began sneezing and coughing on January 26.
      Suspecting it to be a case of swine flu, doctors at Gian Sagar Hospital sent her to the PGI where she died. Baljinder Singh claimed that she had tested positive for the H1N1 virus.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Mohali man dies of swine flu at PGI
        Tribune News Service

Banur, February 4
        A 49-year-old resident of Sector 70 in Mohali died today at the PGI due to swine flu. He was admitted to the PGI on February 1 in a critical condition. This is the third swine flu death reported from the tricity since last month.
        On February 1, a 27-year-old woman, a resident of Banur, had died of swine flu. She was referred to the PGI from Gian Sagar Medical College in Banur.
        Earlier, on January 19, a 35-year-old native of Khuda Lahora had died of swine flu at the PGI. Besides these three deaths, five more patients were affected with the virus but they were stabilised with tamiflu dose.

Comment

Swine flu claims another life
          Tribune News Service
          Chandigarh, February 5
          A 42-year-old woman, a resident of Bhaskar Colony here, died of swine flu at the PGI late last night. She was admitted to the PGI on February 2 in a critical condition. This is the fourth swine flu death reported from the tricity since last month. A 28-year-old suspected patient of swine flu was admitted to Fortis Hospital today.

Comment

Swine flu claims another life
            Tribune News Service
            Chandigarh, February 9
            A 36-year-old resident of Kaimbwala village here died today at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, due to swine flu. He was earlier admitted to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16, yesterday from where he was referred to the GMCH late last night after his condition deteriorated.
            This is the third death due to swine flu in the tricity. Besides, two deaths of patients from Punjab were reported from the PGI. A 42-year-old woman had died late on Wednesday night at the PGI. She was admitted to the hospital on February 2 in a critical condition.
            Earlier, a 49-year-old man from Sector 70 in Mohali had died due to swine flu. On February 1, a 27-year-old woman, a resident of Banur, had died due to swine flu. She was referred to the PGI from Gian Sagar Medical College in Banur. On January 19, a 35-year-old native of Khuda Lahora, posted in Karnal had died of swine flu at the PGI.

Comment: The tribune reported a death yesterday which they called number 4, but this new death is counted as number 3. My guess is 5 deaths, two of whom come from Punjab. But it is not clear that the two individuals from Punjab are being included in Punjab's official state tally. - Ro

Comment

Woman dies of swine flu at GMCH
              Tribune News Service
              Chandigarh, February 11
              A 53-year-old woman belonging to Yamunanagar died of swine flu at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, here today. She was admitted to the hospital last night after being referred from Fortis Hospital in Mohali in a critical condition.

Comment

Swine flu claims two more lives in Chandigarh
                TNN | Feb 15, 2015, 05.27 AM IST

CHANDIGARH: A 57-year-old woman resident of Sector 47 and a 42-year-old man from Zirakpur died of swine flu on Saturday, taking the H1N1 virus death toll in the Tricity to five.

The woman was admitted to PGI on February 11. "We have given Tamiflu to nine people in her family and people who had contacted her. Even her neighbours have been tested and given the medicine," said Dr Anil Garg, nodal officer, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, UT.

The second victim died at a private hospital in Zirakpur. He was admitted to PGI but his family members got him discharged from there.
                http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...w/46248899.cms

Comment: This seems to bring the total number of deaths in Chandigarh to 8. However, I do not know if some of these deaths are officially being counted as from Punjab or Haryana. - Ro

Comment

I'm dropping the total for Chandigarh to 3 as the deaths from Haryana & Punjab now seem to be totaled in those States' reports. - Ro

Comment

3 more die of swine flu at PGI Chandigarh
                    TNN | Mar 4, 2015, 06.37 AM IST

CHANDIGARH: Three more deaths due to swine flu were reported at PGI on Tuesday. While one of the victims was a 31-year-old resident of Dadumajra, the other two were from Ludhiana (a 30-year-old man) and Ambala (a 30-year-old woman). With this, the death toll due to H1N1 virus has risen to eight in Tricity. The total count of those who tested positive has swelled to 17.
                    Three more deaths due to swine flu were reported at PGI on Tuesday.While one of the victims was a 31-year-old resident of Dadumajra, the other two wer

Comment

Three more die of swine flu

By: Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published on:March 5, 2015 5:43 am
                      A day after three deaths were reported because of swine flu at PGI, the H1N1 virus took three more lives in the city on Wednesday.
                      The victims have been identified as Jyoti, 25, from Sector 25 of Chandigarh, Veena, 47 and Shamsher, 55, both from Haryana.
                      So far, more than 30 swine flu patients have died in PGI and more than 100 have been treated. Most of these patients were from the adjoining states of Punjab and Haryana. In Chandigarh, a total of 17 swine flu positive cases have been reported, of whom six died.
                      While Veena and Jyoti were undergoing treatment at PGI, Shamsher was admitted to GMCH-32.

Comment

Swine flu death of Constable in Chandigarh
                        BureauMonday, March 9th, 2015
                        Amar Ujala, JirkpurUpdated @ 9:57 AM IST

A 42-year-old constable Shivalik Vihar died of swine flu on Sunday morning. Knowledge of the dead sea was being treated in hospital. SMO RK Mittal said Jasvir Singh (42), resident of Shivalik Vihar disease swine flu was last 5-6 days. Sunday morning died during his treatment. The deceased in Chandigarh's Sector -26 police line was positioned as a constable. Four March after showing symptoms of the disease hospital confirmed the swine flu. Health Department officials, the families of the deceased after the medication is needed to test. He claimed that some of the deceased's family members were found to have symptoms of the disease. Swine flu in Chandigarh after Jikryog Jirkpur have started to stretch their legs. Sunday swine flu death toll in the city has two. Earlier, on February 13, Panchsheel Enclave Paramjit Singh's (43) have also died from the swine flu. Deaths from swine flu in the city are not stopped. Health department and is not aware of any way to people.

Comment

Comment: I'm not sure how many of the 17 deaths are actually officially counted for Chandigarh as PGI is a hospital used also by residents of Punjab & Haryana. - Ro

PGI own broken by 3, the figure jumped to 17
                          Posted On March - 12 - 2015
                          Chandigarh, March 11 (Hpr)

Troisiti killer is still on the swine flu. Wednesday due to swine flu has killed 3 people admitted to PGI. Including a 5-year-old child, including Ferozepur. Also, 47-year-old resident of Kurukshetra and Mohali, 45-year-old man died Mclikhurd village. Troisiti Swainflu far 17 people have died from. On Wednesday, 33 people with flu symptoms for screening arrived Sector 16 Government hospitals and PGI. In 7 of these potential swine flu virus has been found due to recruitment. The report is expected to arrive Thursday evening. Chandigarh's three public hospitals is still being treated 38 people.
                          http://dainiktribuneonline.com/2015/...4%95%E0%A5%9C/

Comment

Chandigarh

Posted at: Mar 21 2015 2:05AM
                            Woman dies of swine flu
                            Tribune News Service
                            Chandigarh, March 20

A 34-year old woman from Mauli Jagran village died today due to swine flu. This is the 18th swine flu death reported from the tricity since January this year. The total number of cases in the tricity has increased to 43, including these deaths.

Comment

Three more die of swine flu

By: Express News Service | Chandigarh | Published on:April 5, 2015 10:22 am
                              swine flu, swine flu deaths, death swine flu, Chandigarh swine flu, Chandigarh news, Chandigarh
                              So far, more than 30 swine flu patients have died in PGI and more than 100 have been treated.
                              A day after three deaths were reported because of swine flu at PGI, the H1N1 virus took three more lives in the city on Wednesday.
                              The victims have been identified as Jyoti, 25, from Sector 25 of Chandigarh, Veena, 47 and Shamsher, 55, both from Haryana.
                              http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...f-swine-flu-3/

Comment

Working...
                              X