No announcement yet.

Maharashtra Influenza 2015, 905 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report from March 29th; https://arogya.maharashtra.gov.in/Si...e_29.03.15.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	India 2.png
Views:	108
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	728227
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Unseasonal showers spike Maharashtra swine flu death toll to 400

SHOUMOJIT BANERJEE

Another bout of summer rain in less than a month has spurred swine flu deaths across Maharashtra, with the toll touching 400 and the infection showing no signs of abating.

According to State Health officials, an average of five people are succumbing to the H1N1 virus every day with the number of recorded cases since the beginning of this year exceeding a staggering 4,480.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Mumbai
        Swine flu claims 3 more lives in 72 hours, new cases fewer

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Published on:March 31, 2015 3:45 am
        Three deaths due to the H1N1 virus, of a young girl and two senior citizens, were reported in the last 72 hours across Mumbai by the civic health department, indicating the continued trend of high-risk category victims succumbing to the air-borne infection.
        A seven-year-old Kalyan girl, also suffering from congenital heart disease, passed away at civic-run Kasturba hospital on Sunday.
        he two other deaths occurred on Saturday where a 66-year-old Walkeshwar resident and 74-year-old man from Malad passed away at Wockhardt and Nanavati hospital respectively.

Comment

• Maharashtra today released demographic & other data on this year's fatal cases. Click on a thumbnail (right click & open in new tab or window seems easiest for navigation) or follow link for details.

Name:	Maha 2.png
Views:	114
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	728296 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 3.png
Views:	107
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	728298 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 4.png
Views:	106
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	728297 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 5.png
Views:	114
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	728299 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 6.png
Views:	107
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	728302 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 7.png
Views:	105
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	728300 Click image for larger version

Name:	Maha 8.png
Views:	112
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	728301

https://arogya.maharashtra.gov.in/Si...e_30.03.15.pdf

Attached Files

Comment

• note Case # 280 and 282 are the same person.

Graphing some of the data from above;

Name:	Maha 9.png
Views:	57
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	728305

Comment

• Three more succumb to swine flu
              Apr 1, 2015, 03.52 AM IST

Nagpur: Three more swine flu patients succumbed to the disease on Tuesday taking the death toll in Nagpur circle of state's public health department to 105 since January 1.

Meanwhile, 12 patients tested positive for H1N1 in the region in the last three days.

One of the deceased was from Bhandara while a resident of Madhya Pradesh was undergoing treatment in the city. The third was a 38-year-old woman from Kamptee.
              Three more swine flu patients succumbed to the disease on Tuesday taking the death toll in Nagpur circle of state's public health department to 105 si

Comment

• 2 senior citizens die of swine flu, toll rises to 44

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Updated: April 1, 2015 2:00 am
                A 65-year-old Mulund resident succumbed to H1N1 virus on Tuesday, taking the city?s death toll to 44. On Sunday, a 64-year-old woman from Andheri passed away due to swine flu. Both senior citizens were already suffering from co-morbid conditions which worsened their state, information from the civic health department indicated.

Comment

• Half of swine flu death cases got delayed treatment: Study

Nearly half of the reported swine flu deaths in Mumbai took medical help after the sixth days of onset of the disease, shows an internal death audit done by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. So far, the virus has taken 42 lives out of which, only 15 are from Mumbai.
                  To understand the reasons behind H1N1 mortality, the BMC had set up an internal committee which regularly sits to analyse the course of treatment and reasons behind swine flu deaths in the city.

Nearly half of the reported swine flu deaths in Mumbai took medical help after the sixth days of onset of the disease, shows an internal death audit done by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. So far, the virus has taken 42 lives out of which, only 15 are from Mumbai.

Comment

• Emergency caesarean section performed in swine flu ward
                    by Administrator in News

18 Mar

For the first time in the history of Kasturba Hospital has a caesarean section been performed in an isolated sick ward of the hospital. An eight-months-pregnant mother who fell prey to swine flu died a day after her baby boy was born by an emergency Caesarean section performed in the swine flu ward of Kasturba Hospital.

Sonali (name changed), a 26-year-old woman from Borgaon Meghe, a village in Wardha district, was admitted to the Kasturba hospital for sore throat, cough and fever. She soon became breathless and was barely able to get out of the bed. Suspected to have swine flu, she was started on anti-swine flu treatment and her throat samples were sent to the regional laboratory. She tested positive for swine flu and was kept in an isolated Swine-flu ward located in the Medicine department building of the hospital.
                    For the first time in the history of Kasturba Hospital has a caesarean section been performed in an isolated sick ward of the hospital. An eight-months-pregnant mother who fell prey to swine flu died a day after her baby boy was born by an emergency

Comment

• Swine flu claims another 20 lives; 34,240 people infected
                      PTI | Apr 1, 2015, 06.03 PM IST

The death toll in Maharashtra touched 416 while 4,625 people are affected.
                      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/46771831.cms

Comment

• 3-month-old girl among two new H1N1 victims

MUMBAI: A three-month-old infant from Akola and a 32-year-old man from Kalyan were the latest to die of H1N1 influenza in the city, taking the death toll to 46. Even as positive cases have been going down, there have been steady instances of deaths from different age groups but mostly with underlying health problems.

Since Saturday, this is the sixth death to be reported from city hospitals. The infant from Akola was born with a congenital heart condition. He was brought to Kasturba Hospital, where he was diagnosed with pneumonia caused by the H1N1 infection on March 27. The baby passed away on Tuesday due to the respiratory infection.

A three-month-old infant from Akola and a 32-year-old man from Kalyan were the latest to die of H1N1 influenza in the city, taking the death toll to 4

Comment

• District registers three new cases of swine flu, one suspected death

NASHIK: Continuous spells of rain witnessed in the district at short intervals throughout March has favored the H1N1 virus to spread ? three more cases of swine flu were registered on Tuesday. The health department of the zilla parishad registered two cases from the district ? one from Lakhalgaon and the other from the municipal limits. The third case is that of a patient hailing from Thane, who is undergoing treatment at a private hospital in the city.

Besides, the city has registered another death of a patient suspected of suffering from swine flu while the total number of positive cases has increased to 168. So far, 17,993 suspected patients have been screened across the 15 talukas of the district since the beginning of the year.

Comment

• One more swine flu patient dies

Nagpur: One more death of a swine flu patient took the toll in Nagpur circle of state's public health department to 107 since January 1. One patient at Government Medical College and Hospital passed away on Thursday while two more patients admitted who had died earlier were declared H1N1 positive.

Between January 1 and April 1, a total of 547 patients were known to suffer from the disease as per the data available with deputy director of health services (DDHS). Of them, 411 have recovered, making the survival rate of the disease in the region around 75%. With 106 deaths in this time period, the death rate comes to 19%. Thirty patients are still undergoing treatment.

One more death of a swine flu patient took the toll in Nagpur circle of state’s public health department to 107 since January 1. One patient at Govern

Comment

• Swine flu kills 12 in Maharashtra on Wednesday

Maharashtra recorded 51 new swine flu cases and 12 deaths on Wednesday. Of these, two deaths were recorded in Nanded and Mumbai each, and one each in Buldhana, Bhandara, Aurangbad, Jalna, Kolhapur, Pune and Ahmednagar.
                              One of the deceased is a three-month-old child, a resident of Akola, who died in Mumbai. He was admitted to Kasturba Hospital on March 27 and succumbed three days later. He suffered from pneumonia with congenital heart disease with influenza H1N1 infection.

Maharashtra recorded 51 new swine flu cases and 12 deaths on Wednesday. Of these, two deaths were recorded in Nanded and Mumbai each, and one each in Buldhana, Bhandara, Aurangbad, Jalna, Kolhapur, Pune and Ahmednagar.

Comment

• Swine Flu claims six more lives in Maharashtra, toll rises to 422

Swine flu deaths continued unabated across Maharashtra as 6 more persons succumb to the H1N1 virus taking the toll to 422, since January this year. According to the State Health Department, 45 new patients across the state have tested positive for H1N1 in the last 24 hours taking the total number of swine flu affected cases in the state to 4670.

Comment

Working...
                                X