Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two children succumb to H1N1 virus, toll rise to 37 (Pune)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two children succumb to H1N1 virus, toll rise to 37 (Pune)

Two children succumb to H1N1 virus, toll rise to 37
    PTI 10 September 2009, 08:21pm IST

PUNE: Two children died here of swine flu on Thursday taking the toll in the disease in the city to 37. The latest casualties were reported from
    government- run Sassoon hospital where a six-year-old boy Om Pravin Kurhe and a five-year-old girl Vidya Bajirao Vatore succumbed to H1N1 infection, hospital authorities said.

Meanwhile, the 17 students of a boarding school at Shirgaon in Pune district, who tested positive for swine flu on Wednesday, are undergoing treatment at various hospitals, health officials said.

Most of the parents had taken their wards home after the spread of H1N1 infection in the K K Birla school which housed around 500 students in its hostel. All students infected with the virus had shown improvement in their condition following the treatment, the officials said.
    The latest casualties were reported from government- run Sassoon hospital where a six-year-old boy and a five-year-old girl succumbed to H1N1 infectio
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Two children succumb to H1N1 virus, toll rise to 37 (Pune)

H1N1 claims five lives in Pune, toll 40
    TNN 11 September 2009, 12:59am IST

PUNE: A standard I student of a zilla parishad school in Junnar taluka and a girl studying in a kindergarten at Bhosari besides a three-year-old
    child and a 17-year-old boy were among five people who succumbed to the H1N1 flu in the city on Thursday. With this, the total number of those who died due to the contagion in Pune has now reached 40.

Meanwhile, a 23-year-old woman of a village in Satara district, who died on September 8, was declared H1N1 positive late on Wednesday night, taking the toll in the district to three.

State health services joint director Ashok Mehta said, ?The senior KG student, Vidya Bajirao Vatore (5), a resident of Kuruli-Bhosari, breathed her last at 7.30 am. Within four hours, Om Pravin Kurhe (6), the standard I student of the ZP primary school in Savargaon village of Junnar taluka, died at 10.40 am. Seema Ravi Shirsat (3) of Khudewadi-Chandannagar died at 1.30 pm. All of them had been admitted to the Sassoon hospital.

A 48-year-old man, who had been admitted to the Sahyadri Munot hospital for H1N1 treatment, died at 12.30 pm, Mehta said, adding that he was an HIV patient. ?All the four patients had tested positive for the H1N1 influenza,? he said.

Amar Khalkonikar (17), who had been suffering from muscular dystrophy for four years and was bedridden for a few months, died due to swine flu at the Jehangir Hospital here at 2.30 pm, said D D Chandakkar, deputy health officer of the Pune Municipal Corporation. He was admitted to the hospital at 9.15 am on Thursday, he said, adding that he did not know the details of the boy?s residential address since the same ?were not furnished to the hospital?.

According to Mehta, Vidya showed swine flu symptoms and she was first admitted to a private hospital in Bhosari on September 2. ?She was treated at the private hospital till September 6 and moved to another private hospital in the city on September 7.
    A 23-year-old woman of a village in Satara district, who died on September 8, was declared H1N1 positive late on Wednesday night, taking the toll in t
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X