Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India - National status update. Week Ending July 31, 2011 Total 2772 - 28 fatalities added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 10th. Total 2606 - 32 fatalities added

1. Till date, samples from 195224 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 44987 (23.04%) of them have been found positive.
    2. All 98 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
    3. Ten Deaths (Gujarat-5, Madhya Pradesh-2, Maharashtra-1, Andhra Pradesh-1 and Rajasthan-1) have been reported during the week.

While the current wave is winding down, the State of Rajasthan reported 4 fatalities this week. Central figures are low by 76 fatalities for that State.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 17th. Total 2616 - 10 fatalities added

India sees sharp drop in swine flu cases

2010-10-25 14:30:00

New Delhi, Oct 25 (IANS)The number of swine flu cases in India in the past week dropped almost to half the previous count, the health ministry said here Monday.

A total of 46 cases were reported from acros the country during the week ended Oct 24 as against 98 recorded in the previous week, a ministry spokesperson said.

Ten swine flu deaths were reported during the week that ended Oct 24. Rajasthan reported four deaths while Haryana reported three, followed by two in Maharashtra and one in Gujarat.

Tamil Nadu recorded the highest number of 14 new cases, followed by 13 in Karnataka and five in Delhi, the spokesperson said.

A total of 2,633 swine flu deaths have been recorded since May 2009 when the disease broke out in India. At least 45,033 confirmed cases have been reported in the country since then.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 24th. Total 2626 - 10 fatalities added

1. Till date, samples from 196429 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45033 (22.9%) of them have been found positive.
        2. All 46 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
        3. Ten Deaths (Rajasthan-4, Haryana-3, Maharashtra-2 and Gujarat-1) have been reported during the week.

full table at;
        http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=0 (release date October 25)

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 24th. Total 2626 - 10 fatalities added

1. Till date, samples from 197622 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45101 (22.8%) of them have been found positive.
          2. All 68 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
          3. Nine Deaths (Rajasthan-8 and Gujarat-1) have been reported during the week.
          4. *The cumulative total has been updated as the line list of laboratory confirmed deaths have been received belatedly from health authorities of the state. These deaths have occurred earlier during the months of Aug. - sept. 2010.

For more information including trend analysis kindly visit the website at:

DS/GK

The total for Rajasthan actually increased by 38 - none of these fatalities actually occurred this week. The central count is still lagging behind the state count by 27 fatalities.
          Tamil Nadu also added 7 fatalities to bring the central figures in line with State reports.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 31st. Total 2679 - 46 fatalities added

3 H1N1 deaths in India in past week: Govt.

Three people died of influenza A (H1N1) in India during the week ended November 7, a statement from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare said here today, quoting information received from the States.

With this, the toll in the country since the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the swine flu as a pandemic in mid-June last year has gone up to 2714.

The cumulative figure includes cases of deaths, which occurrred earlier but were reported belatedly to the Centre by the State Governments concerned, it said.

The WHO had, on August 10, declared an end to the pandemic but called for continued vigilance, pointing out that pandemics, like the viruses that cause them, are unpredictable.

All the three deaths last week occurred in Rajasthan. Besides, 30 fresh cases of the flu were reported from different states during the week, the statement added.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending October 31st. Total 2679 - 46 fatalities added

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 199184 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45861 (23.0%) of them have been found positive.
              2. All 30 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
              3. Three Deaths (Rajasthan) have been reported during the week.
              4. *The cumulative total has been updated as the fresh line list of laboratory confirmed cases and deaths have been received from health authorities of the respective states. These cases & deaths have occurred earlier.

DS/GK

A total of 35 fatalities were added - 28 for Rajasthan of which only one was recorded by the state in the past week, and 7 from Maharashtra, all of which occurred prior to this past week. These two adjustments bring central figures in line with State figures.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending November 7th. Total 2714 - 35 fatalities added

1. Till date, samples from 199766 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45875 (22.9%) of them have been found positive.
                2. All 14 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
                3. Six Deaths (Madhya Pradesh-4 & Maharashtra-2) have been reported during the week.

DS/gk
                http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=0 (release date Nov 15)

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending November 14th. Total 2720 - 6 fatalities added

1. Till date, samples from 2000333 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45897 (22.9%) of them have been found positive.
                  2. All 22 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
                  3. One Death (Orissa-1) has been reported during the week.

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=0 (Release date Nov 22)

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending November 21st. Total 2721 - 1 fatality added

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 200865 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 45908 (22.85%) of them have been found positive.
                    2. All 11 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
                    3. Two Deaths (Rajasthan-1 & Madhya Pradesh -1) has been reported during the week.
                    4.*Two earlier deaths (Rajasthan) have been reported by the health authorities of the state, which are reflected in the cumulative total.

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=0 (Release date Nov 30)

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending November 28th. Total 2725 - 4 fatalities added

A press release after an absence of 2 weeks;

Note:
                      1. Till date, samples from 202190 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 46066(22.8%) of them have been found positive.
                      2. 1 case reported during the week is indigenous case.
                      3. No death reported during the week.

full table at; http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=68671

When compared to the previous release on Nov 28;

The number of positives has increased by 158 as follows;

Delhi +1; Karnataka +2; Tamil Nadu +12; Maharashtra +4; Gujarat +134; Rajasthan +1; Uttar Pradesh +2; Madhya Pradesh +2.

The number of fatalities has increased by 2 - both in Maharashtra, bringing the total to 937 in that state.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending Dec 19. Total 2727 - 2 fatalities added

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 202790 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 46131(22.8%) of them have been found positive.

2. 20 cases reported during the week. [13 Tamil Nadu, 3 Kerala, 4 Goa] 18 cases are indigenous cases and 2 are imported cases.

3. One death reported during the week from Kerala.

4. * 45 earlier cases (Tamilnadu) have been reported by the health authorities of the state, which are reflected in the cumulative total

full table at; http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=68733

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending Dec 26. Total 2728 - 1 fatality added

Even though this has become a biweekly report, the numbers released ignore the "missing" week; The total number of cases in the past two weeks has increased by 21 - 2 in Delhi, 2 in Karnataka, 4 in Tamil Nadu, 8 in Maharashtra, 2 in Kerala, 1 in Punjab, 1 in Jammu & Kashmir, 1 in Gujarat.

Note:

1. Till date, samples from 203505 persons have been tested for Influenza A H1N1 in Government Laboratories and a few private Laboratories across the country and 46152(22.7%) of them have been found positive.
                          2. 10 cases reported during the week are indigenous cases.
                          3. No death reported during the week.

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending Jan 9. Total 2728 - 0 fatality added

First report released in a long time for the week ending March 20th.

Since Jan 9 there have been 332 cases and 16 fatalities as follows;

State / Cases / Fatalities

Delhi / 9 / 1
                            Andhra Pradesh / 4 / 0
                            Karnataka / 11 / 0
                            Tamil Nadu / 11 / 0
                            Maharashtra / 3 / 2
                            Kerala / 195 / 0
                            Punjab / 87 / 12
                            Haryana / 0 / 1
                            Goa / 1 / 0
                            Jammu & Kashmir / 3 / 0
                            Gujarat / 3 / 0
                            Rajasthan / 4 / 0
                            Puducherry / 1 / 0

Comment

• Re: India - National status update. Week Ending March 20. Total 2744 - 3 fatalities added

tetano.

The following table was released by Real Time News; http://rtn.asia/sites/default/files/...a-july2100.png

Click image for larger version

Name:	h1n1india-july2100.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	656588

Since January 9th, the change in the reported numbers is as follows;

State / Cases / Fatalities

Delhi / 23 / 2
                              Andhra Pradesh / 7 / 0
                              Karnataka / 70 / 4
                              Tamil Nadu / 14 / 8
                              Maharashtra / 7 / 3
                              Kerala / 374 / 8
                              Punjab / 93 / 14
                              Haryana / 3 / 3
                              Goa / 5 / 0
                              Jammu & Kashmir / 13 / 1
                              Gujarat / 4 / 0
                              Rajasthan / 11 / 0
                              Puducherry / 1 / 0
                              Madhya Pradesh / 2 / 1
                              Dadra & Nagar Haveli / -2 / 0

A couple of observations;

- As of today Rajasthan has officially reported 10 fatalities since April 1, http://rajswasthya.nic.in/CSSF.pdf and another 7 between Feb 14 and March 31 http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=161208 . These are not included in the published total.

-The article accompanying the table mentions 6 recent fatalities in Karnataka, but the Karnataka total is only 4 higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X