Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Influenza 2013; 708 confirmed fatalities

Link to 2012 thread;

My current H1N1 fatality count for 2013; Click on State for detailed thread.

Rajasthan: 70
    Haryana: 20
    Punjab: 17
    Gujarat: 7
    Delhi: 3
    Chandigarh: 2
    Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh: 1 each

Total: 125

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ind.png
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	668091
    Last edited by tetano; March 1, 2013, 10:06 AM. Reason: added HP
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: India Influenza 2013; 125 fatalities

Rajasthan: 73
    Haryana: 24
    Punjab: 21
    Gujarat: 7
    Maharashtra : 4
    Delhi: 3
    Chandigarh , Himachal Pradesh : 2
    Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh: 1 each

Total: 140

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Views:	2
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	660427
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 140 fatalities

Swine flu claims 132 lives, govt claims 'situation well under control

New Delhi: After 132 deaths and 708 cases of swine flu reported across the country during the current year, government on Tuesday said it was monitoring the situation, which is "well under control".

The worst affected state was Rajasthan, accounting for 65 deaths and reporting as many as 326 cases, followed by Haryana with 23 deaths and 78 cases of H1N1 infection during the period January 1 to February 6 this year.

Punjab has reported a total of 16 deaths and 90 cases of swine flu, while Gujarat has reported 16 deaths and 58 cases in less than seven weeks of the current year.

A total of 3,315 lives have been lost due to the virus so far since May 2009, with a total number of 53,943 cases reported from across the country till January 27.

The government also said that since the virus is circulating within the country, there is no need to impose any travel restriction or screening at inter-state point of entry, railway stations.

"World Health Organisation (WHO), while declaring the Pandemic to be over in August 2010, conveyed that the influenza H1N1 pandemic virus would take on the behaviour of seasonal influenza virus and continue to circulate for some years. Hence, in the post-pandemic period, localised outbreaks of varying magnitude with significant level of H1N1 transmission are expected," a Health Ministry statement said.

The ministry said cases are being reported presently from states of Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab and said small pockets of population that remained unexposed to the pandemic and were susceptible would be affected.

Delhi has reported 57 laboratory confirmed cases of Influenza A H1N1 since January 1, 2013, of which three have died (as on February 7).

A total of 153 lives have been lost in the national capital since May 2009 due to the Influenza A virus, with a total of 11,294 cases reported so far.

In Delhi, 22 hospitals (17 government and 5 private) and 8 laboratories (3 government and 5 private) have been activated and this includes central government institutions like RML Hospital, Safdarjung Hospital and laboratories of NCDC and AIIMS.

Maharashtra has reported a maximum of total 1,083 deaths since May 2009, with total cases of Influenza A H1N1 virus standing at 13,009 till January 27.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 140 fatalities

Rajasthan: 82
        Punjab: 25
        Gujarat: 16
        Maharashtra ,Delhi : 4
        Chandigarh , Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh : 2
        Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh: 1 each

Total: 165

Views:	2
ID:	660430

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 165 fatalities

22 H1N1 deaths in India during past week: Health Ministry

As many as 22 people have died of influenza H1N1 across the country in the week ended February 13, the Ministry of Health and Welfare said in a statement here today, quoting figures received from different states.
          In all, 379 cases of the flu were reported from nine States during this period, it said.

Eleven of the deaths were reported from Rajasthan, five from Gujarat, four from Punjab and one each in Delhi and Haryana.

Delhi accounted for 149 of the new cases in this period, Rajasthan 82, Haryana 62, Gujarat 27, Punjab and Maharashtra 17 each, Chandigarh 11 and Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh seven each.

The World Health Organization (WHO) had, while declaring the H1N! pandemic to be over in August 2010, said that the virus would take on the behaviour of seasonal influenza virus and continue to circulate for some years to come.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 165 fatalities

Rajasthan: 89
            Punjab & Gujarat: 27
            Maharashtra : 9
            Delhi : 8
            Himachal Pradesh : 4
            Uttar Pradesh : 3
            Chandigarh : 2
            Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu , Madhya Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh: 1 each

Total: 198

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1 Note how week 1 has changed compared to the first post in this thread indicating a lag of up to six weeks in reporting of confirmed cases.

ID:	660439
            Last edited by Ronan Kelly; February 16, 2013, 11:31 AM. Reason: fixed Maharashtra link

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 198 fatalities

Rajasthan: 105
              Gujarat: 38 (and two suspected)
              Haryana: 32
              Punjab: 29
              Maharashtra : 11
              Delhi : 11
              Uttar Pradesh : 5 (and 1 suspected)
              Chandigarh : 5
              Madhya Pradesh: 2
              Jammu & Kashmir: 1 (and 1 flu B)
              Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh: 1 each

Total: 246 H1N1, 1 B, 3 suspected

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 7,600 and 11,100 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1 There can be a delay of several weeks in this data.

Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	660481

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 247 fatalities

249 swine flu deaths in India so far

Mon, Feb 25 2013 21:42 IST |

As many as 249 people have died of swine flu in India so far this year with the highest toll reported from Rajasthan, the health ministry said Monday.
                249 swine flu deaths in India so far...A total of 2,148 people have tested positive for t...Rajasthan reported the highest number of deaths - .......

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 247 fatalities

254 swine flu deaths in India

NEW DELHI: As many as 254 people have died of swine flu in India so far during 2013 with the highest toll reported from Rajasthan, the union health ministry said Wednesday.

A total of 2,267 people have tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus in 35 states and union territories with the highest, 759 cases, reported from Delhi till Sunday followed by Rajasthan (556 cases) and Haryana (298 cases).

Rajasthan reported the highest number of deaths at 105 followed by 49 deaths in Gujarat, 36 in Haryana and 29 in Punjab, the ministry said.

Times of India brings the Latest & Top Breaking News on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Cricket, Sports, Business, Bollywood News and Entertainment, Science, Technology, Health & Fitness news & opinions from leading columnists.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 254 fatalities

Latest centralized H1N1 figures are lagging behind state reports. My current count is 291. - Ro

Laboratory confirmed Cases and Deaths caused by Influenza A H1N1 (Swine Flu):
                    State/ UT-wise (1st Jan, 2013-24th February, 2013)

S. No. // State/ UT // Cases //Deaths
                    1. // Andaman & Nicobar // 0 // 0
                    2. // Andhra Pradesh // 19 // 2
                    3. // Arunanchal Pradesh // 0 // 0
                    4. // Assam // 0 // 0
                    5. // Bihar // 0 // 0
                    6. // Chandigarh // 33 // 4
                    7. // Chhattisgarh // 0 // 0
                    8. // D and N Haveli // 0 // 0
                    9. // Daman & Diu // 0 // 0
                    10. // Delhi // 759 // 11
                    11. // Goa // 0 // 0
                    12. // Gujarat // 273 // 49
                    13. // Haryana // 298 // 36
                    14. // Himachal Pradesh // 0 // 0
                    15. // Jammu & Kashmir* // - // -
                    16. // Jharkhand // 0 // 0
                    17. // Karnataka // 42 // 1
                    18. // Kerala // 1 // 0
                    19. // Lakshadweep // 0 // 0
                    20. // Madhya Pradesh // 22 // 3
                    21. // Maharashtra // 103 // 13
                    22. // Manipur // 0 // 0
                    23. // Meghalaya // 0 // 0
                    24. // Mizoram // 0 // 0
                    25. // Nagaland // 0 // 0
                    26. // Orissa // 0 // 0
                    27. // Puducherry // 0 // 0
                    28. // Punjab // 149 // 29
                    29. // Rajasthan // 556 // 105
                    30. // Sikkim // 0 // 0
                    31. // Tamil Nadu // 10 // 1
                    32. // Tripura // 0 // 0
                    33. // Uttarakhand // 2 // 0
                    34. // Uttar Pradesh // 0 // 0
                    35. // West Bengal // 0 // 0

Cumulative Total // 2267 // 254

*Report is awaited from State surveillance.

BN/EMR

(Release ID :92613)

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 254 fatalities

Swine Flu: 261 deaths reported in 2 months Posted by: Vidya Iyengar Published: Thursday, February 28, 2013, 13:31 [IST]

New Delhi, Feb 28: The rapid increase in swine flu is clear in the details released by the health ministry. In January and February 2013, 261 swine- flu related deaths have taken place. While maximum number of cases have been reported in New Delhi, the highest number of deaths have been reported in Rajasthan. A total of 2,329 people tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus, which causes swine flu, in 35 states and union territories.
                      Read more at: http://news.oneindia.in/2013/02/28/s...1-1160724.html

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 261 fatalities

275 swine flu deaths in India

A total of 275 people across India have succumbed to swine flu this year while over 2,500 others have tested positive for the disease, the health ministry Friday said.

While Rajasthan recorded the maximum of 112 deaths, Gujarat was second with 58 fatalities. Twelve people have died due to the disease in Delhi.

A total of 2,527 people tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus, which causes swine flu, in 35 states and union territories.

The highest number 878 cases were registered in Delhi followed by Rajasthan which recorded 586 cases.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 275 fatalities

Rajasthan: 118
                          Gujarat: 58
                          Haryana: 39
                          Punjab: 30
                          Maharashtra : 14
                          Uttar Pradesh : 13
                          Delhi : 12
                          Madhya Pradesh: 5
                          Andhra Pradesh : 2
                          Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Odisha : 1 each

Total: 304 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 9,400 and 13,700 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Latest GISRS graph; http://gamapserver.who.int/gareports...spx?ReportNo=1 There can be a delay of several weeks in this data.

Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	660508

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 305 fatalities

Some limited information on the current influenza wave in India. Information gathered from our various threads.
                            304 confirmed H1N1, 1 confirmed B

Fatalities by Gender:

Name:	Rep 1.PNG
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	660511

Fatalities by Age: (n=115, the ages of 190 fatal cases are not known)

Name:	Rep 2.PNG
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	660512

Fatalities by Week;

Name:	Rep 3.PNG
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	660513

* Week incomplete
                            Where possible date of death is used, otherwise date of report.

Of 92 identified female fatalities, at least 31 were pregnant.

Analysis:
                            For comparison, Confirmed fatalities Jan & Feb of given year
                            2013: 305
                            2012: 12
                            2011: 16
                            2010: 395

The current wave of influenza in Northern India is comparable to the height of the H1N1 pandemic in Winter 2009-2010. The age distribution graph suggests that mortality among 20-60 year olds continues to be unusually high for this strain. At least 10% of all confirmed fatalities are pregnant women.

Comment

Re: India Influenza 2013; 305 fatalities

Rajasthan: 127
                              Gujarat: 83
                              Haryana: 39
                              Punjab: 32
                              Uttar Pradesh : 23
                              Delhi : 16
                              Maharashtra : 14
                              Madhya Pradesh: 11
                              Andhra Pradesh : 2
                              Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Odisha : 1 each

Total: 360 H1N1, 1 B

Worth bearing in mind that a recent study estimated that, during the pandemic, confirmed fatalities in India represented only 2-3% of total H1N1 fatalities. Thus these confirmed H1N1 fatalities could represent between 11,200 and 16,200 actual deaths. Of course there are also other influenza types circulating, but statistics are not recorded.

Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	660548

Comment

Working...
                              X