• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 3 fatalities

machine translated;

Swine flu confirmed in Faridabad a student, there was a buzz
    bhaskar news | Feb 02, 2013, 01:48 AM IST

Faridabad. Department of Health has confirmed a case of swine flu. 15-year-old victim, a student is admitted to a private hospital in Sector -21. On Friday, the Department of the issue was sent to the hospital. A department investigation team arrived at the hospital. Case of swine flu in the face of the Department of Health have lost sleep.

Victim's condition is stable
    at a school in Jammu and Kashmir resident 15-year-old victim Bhupani reads. It lives in the dorm. Affected his home on December 17 Jammu - Kashmir was. On January 20 he came back from Delhi. Coughs, colds complaint on January 30, Sector -21, due to the Asian students were admitted to hospital.

Case information from the hospital on Friday sent to the Department of Health. A team was sent to the hospital. Patient's case history was taken. The department confirmed case. In addition, a team was sent to the respective schools.

Of children living with the student being checked. Others see such symptoms in children are not met. Victim's condition is stable.

"All private hospitals to notify the department on the matter said. BK special ward in the hospital with swine flu have been drawn. Lab is open. People are aware to prevent viral and flu. Make sure to check and treatment that immediately. " - Dr. Arvind Lohan, civil surgeon

Be aware of people
    that are experts in the shuffle of the season in the season, parents should be vigilant about children's health. Khan - Pan on with their routine monitoring. This season seasonal viral vulnerable children aged 0-15 are coming soon.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013

Swine Flu hits again: One dies due to Influenza-A H1Ni virus at SKIMS
    SYED BASHARAT
    SRINAGAR, Feb 4: After battling for life, for the last over a week, a middle aged man from Ganderbal today surrendered to Influenza-A H1N1 commonly known as Swine Flu here at Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS).
    The deceased identified as Ghulam Hassan of Tulmula Ganderbal was working as head assistant in administration department of the SKIMS. Confirming the cause of his death, Dr Showkat Zargar, director SKIMS, said the lungs of the deceased were completely damaged by the virus. ?He was receiving artificial ventilation. Since his lungs were badly damaged, his life couldn?t be saved,? Dr Zargar informed, adding that the Institute has proper infrastructure and medicine available to cope up with the situation.
    Sources in the health department revealed that there is heightened viral activity including that of Influenza ?A H1N1 in Kashmir at present. ?Many samples have been tested positive for this strain of virus,? said a senior officer in the health department, pleading anonymity.
    However, Director SKIMS observed that reports of a major swine flu outbreak are false and people need not panic as the situation is not as bad as it is made out to be by rumour-mongers. ?The confusion among the people is mainly due to similarities between seasonal influenza and swine flu,? Dr Zargar said adding that the symptoms for both the ailments are the same, and both H1N1 and the influenza virus affect the upper respiratory system.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 1 fatality

SKIMS employee dies of swine flu
      By Danish Zargar
      Published: Tue, 05 February 2013 10:56 PM
      SRINAGAR: A 4o-year-old man from Ganderbal district who was being treated at SKIMS, Soura for swine flu or H1N1 influenza passed away on Monday afternoon.
      The man, who was working in the SKIMS administration, was admitted to the hospital around two weeks ago after he had shown symptoms of swine flu.
      However, his condition worsened since Sunday evening, resulting in his death on Monday in the Surgical ICCU where he was on a life support system.
      “Yes, he was declared dead at around 1:15 pm,” a top SKIMS official told Kashmir Reader. “He was being treated for H1N1, but he could not survive.”

see also http://www.kashmirdispatch.com/headl...-swine-flu.htm
      Last edited by Ronan Kelly; February 4, 2013, 04:11 PM. Reason: added second

Comment

The Daily Rising Kashmir: SKIMS employee dies of swine flu

"Srinagar, Feb 04: An employee working at SKIMS as senior assistant in administration department died of swine flu in the hospital on Monday, officials said.

...When asked why the patient was kept in the general ward, he said the restrictions by World Health Organisation have been withdrawn.
        ?There is no need to panic as the guidelines and restrictions by WHO have been removed that were put in place two years back,? he said.
        ?It is not the kind of pan-endemic that broke out two years back.?

...Kashmir Epidemiology lab at Barzulla, concerned with the respiratory diseases like swine flu, refused to comment on the matter.

However, senior health officials told Rising Kashmir they are deliberately hiding information to avoid ?negative publicity?.

?It is very unfortunate that officials of the epidemiology lab at Barzulla have kept it under wraps and are not disseminating information. If kept under wraps it would become epidemic and could have serious repercussions. They should have issued certain guidelines so that people may be able to take certain precautionary measures,? the official said, wishing anonymity...".

"What information consumes is rather obvious: it consumes the attention of its recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention, and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it." - Herbert Simon

"The benefits of education and of useful knowledge, generally diffused through a community, are essential to the preservation of a free government." - Sam Houston

Comment

Man dies of swine flu in Srinagar hospital
          February 05, 2013 19:15 IST

Swine flu [ Images ] claimed yet another life in Kashmir [ Images ] valley bringing the toll to four since December 2012, according to sources in the state?s premier Institute of Medical Sciences.
          Swine flu claimed yet another life in Kashmir valley bringing the toll to four since December last, according to sources in the state's premier Institute of Medical Sciences.

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 4 fatalities

machine translated;

The swine flu precautionary instructions in the Valley
            Srinagar / Bureau | Last updated on: February 6, 2 013 1:41 PM

Last month, the Sher-e-Kashmir Medical Institute (Skims) Institute of swine flu patients died Monday of an employee. Swine Flu Death Valley with the instructions have been issued to exercise caution. This is the second death from swine flu in Kashmir. The first time a person with swine flu died in 2009. Skims swine flu on Monday, senior Asitent Ghulam Hassan was killed. Hospital Administration after the death of swine flu patients have begun treatment, and care deeply. Skims Shaukat Ahmed Zargar, Director of the Institute of swine flu drugs are present in sufficient quantities. Ahmed said the aged and children are more susceptible to the flu threat. Which patients because of weak immunity system and rapid virus attacks. He Investigetr Pervez Coal Institute of swine flu are principal. He is constantly monitoring the situation. Dr. According to Cole Pervez different flu patient Sovra reach areas. Patient's condition has improved after being sent home. The Health Director Dr. Slimu Rahman K with swine flu in the state, said the vigil. Avoid contact with people suffering. advised the victims they Clothe your nose and mouth with a cloth entirely. Protect ordinary people while coughing and sneezing. Stay away from the crowds and the victim should always wash their hands with soap. People keep your immune system strong. To contract the swine flu virus can be avoided.
            घाटी में स्वाइन फ्लू को लेकर सतर्कता बरतने के निर्देश जारी किए गए हैं। कश्मीर में स्वाइन फ्लू से यह दूसरी मौत है। स्वाइन

Swine Flu: Team of docs visits Tulmulla, collects samples
            Tuesday, 05 Feb 2013 at 09:47

IRFAN RAINA
            Ganderbal, Feb 5: A day after a man from Ganderbal died of swine flu at SKIMS Soura, a team of doctors Tuesday visited Tulmulla area and collected samples from deceased?s family members and neighbours.

Ghulam Hassan Wani, 55 years old a resident of Tullmulla, Ganderbal died of swine flu at SKIMS yesterday. He was an employee of SKIMS and was admitted in the hospital a week ago.
            ?A team of doctors led by me visited Tulmulla area of Ganderbal today. We met the family members of the deceased and took their samples,? Block Medical Officer (BMO) Ganderbal Dr Shabir Ahmad Awan told Rising Kashmir.
            He said they have asked Hassan?s family members? to take precautionary measures till results of their samples were received.

H1N1 death at SKIMS: Non-gazetted employees hold protest over alleged negligence
            By Reader Correspondent
            Published: Wed, 06 February 2013 09:34 PM
            SRINAGAR: The non-gazetted employees of SKIMS, Soura, SKIMS Tuesday held a protest demonstration against the authorities over their alleged negligence in dealing with swine flu or H1N1 influenza patients.
            The protests were staged following the death of a SKIMS employee due to swine flu on Monday. The victim, from central Kashmir?s Ganderbal district, was under treatment at SKIMS for nearly two weeks after he had shown symptoms of H1N1 influenza. He was allegedly kept inside the general ward and then shifted to surgical ICCU without being isolated from other patients or the hospital staff

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 4 fatalities

Swine flu alert in Kashmir

Srinagar, Feb 8 (IANS): Authorities in the Kashmir Valley Friday issued a Swine flu alert as doctors said the H1N1 virus was present in some parts of the local community.

Last week, an employee of the super specialty Sher-e-Kashmir-Institute of Medical Sciences Soura (SKIMS) died of H1N1 infection while doctors there said they had successfully treated four others during the last five months.

- At this stage, I have not found a second source for the figure of 4 deaths quoted in Post #5. I will change the thread title back to one fatality. - Ro

Comment

Swine flu alert sounded in Valley as 2 more test positive
                By MUDASIR AHMED
                Published: Sat, 09 February 2013 10:57 PM

SRINAGAR: The Directorate of Health Services Kashmir (DHSK) Friday issued a swine flu alert in the Valley following detection of two more cases of H1N1 influenza at SK Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) here.
                ?One is a female from Ganderbal and another is a SKIMS employee from downtown. Both have been tested positive for the HN1 virus,? SKIMS sources told Kashmir Reader. ?Many cases are coming forward but so far only these two have been tested positive.?

Comment

Swine Flu Checks Started At Airport
                  Posted by Kashmir Life on February 14, 2013 in LATEST NEWS | 0 Comment

KL Desk

Srinagar

State health authorities have started swine flu checks at the Srinagar ?international? airport on Thursday. This followed a scare in Kashmir as one person, a hospital official died, last week.

?Almost everybody who is flying in checked,? police sources said. ?Today 900 tourists landed at the Srinagar airport.?

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 59 fatalities

Another ?swine flu? death at SKIMS
                    By MUDASIR AHMED
                    Published: Sun, 17 February 2013 10:54 PM
                    SRINAGAR: Swine flu has reportedly claimed another life at the Valley?s tertiary care hospital, SK Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) here while as two more persons have been tested positive for the HINI influenza at the Institute.
                    The deceased, a female from south Kashmir?s Devsar area, who was admitted at the emergency ward some two days ago, passed away on Friday afternoon, sources told Kashmir Reader Saturday.
                    This is the second swine flu death this year after a SKIMS employee passed away early this month
                    ?Yes, a patient has died but that is due to Influenza type B flu not due to swine flu. And no new cases of swine flu have been reported except those brought in a week ago. They have been since cured and discharged,? Dr Zargar told Kashmir Reader.

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 2 fatalities

Swine-flu scare turns out to be respiratory infection
                      Thursday, 04 Apr 2013 at 03:24

More than 80 people affected in Shopian

Muhammad Suhail
                      Shopain, April 04: More than 80 people were found to be suffering from Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI) in Zrakan village of Shopian district.

The infection created panic in the area after people mistook the infection for the H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as swine-flu.
                      However, a medical team that carried out investigations on the patients ruled out the possibility of swine-flu and confirmed it to be a simple respiratory track infection.
                      ?More than 80 people complained of breathing problems in the village,? locals said. ?Initially, we were scared confusing the infection to be swine-flu virus.?

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 2 fatalities

Central Report released today raises H1N1 toll to 2 on May 3rd. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=95616

Comment

Re: Jammu & Kashmir Influenza 2013, 3 fatalities

2 died of swine flu in JK in 2013: GoI

?76 cases of H1N1 virus detected in JK in 7 months?

Manzoor-ul-Hassan
                          Srinagar, July 29: At least 76 people have tested positive for the Influenza A (H1N1) virus in Jammu and Kashmir in 2013 and two of them died of the influenza (Swine Flu), according to figures released by Government of India.

According to data released by Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, 4868 people were affected with H1N1 virus across India from January 1 to July 26, 2013.
                          It said of these 610 people died of the deadly virus.
                          The ministry data has released a breakup of the laboratory confirmed cases in 35 States/ Union Territory of India including J&K and deaths that took place during this year (as on 26th July, 2013).
                          As per the data 76 cases of (H1N1) were detected in J&K. ?Of these two died?.
                          Earlier this year, the J&K government had sounded a Swine Flu alert in Kashmir after several cases were detected at S K Institute of Medical Sciences Soura, here.
                          The state Health Department also published an advisory and urged people to follow slew of measures to avoid the deadly viral infection.
                          In 2008-2009, J&K reported more than 50 cases of H1N1 virus and authorities had claimed that virus was carried by people coming from outside or the locals who returned back to Valley after staying outside State for some time.

Comment

Working...
                          X