• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maharashtra Flu 2013, 149 fatalities

2011-2012 thread - http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=168053

40-year-old man dies of swine flu
    TNN | Jan 26, 2013, 12.55 AM IST

PUNE: A 40-year-old man died of swine flu in Pune city on January 24, the civic health officials confirmed on Friday. The victim also had developed altered sensorium among other usual symptoms. Altered sensorium means limitations on or problems with the brain's ability to receive, process or interpret sensory information.

"This is the first swine flu casualty this year. As many as 36 people have succumbed to the H1N1 infection since April last year," said S T Pardeshi, medical officer of health, Pune Municipal Corporation.
    Aurangabad man critical

A 42-year-old man from Aurangabad is critical with swine flu and is being treated at a city hospital. "The man got admitted to Ruby Hall Clinic at 1.45 am on Friday. He was put on ventilator support," said the civic health official. The man delayed medical treatment for 10 days which resulted in worsening of his condition.

A 40-year-old man died of swine flu in Pune city on January 24, the civic health officials confirmed on Friday.The victim also had developed altered s
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 1 fatality

Swine flu deaths: Pune no longer in ?panic? mode

Anuradha Mascarenhas : Sat Feb 09 2013, 04:01 hrs

A dip in temperature has led to a spurt in swine flu cases in northern parts of the country but in Pune ? where the first death from the virus was reported ? and surrounding areas, virologists have marked a decrease in H1N1 cases over the years. The health authorities have stated that the virus has now become endemic.
    One death has been reported in Pune, and three in Pimpri Chinchwad since January this year. Officials with the municipal health departments said that over the years the H1N1 deaths also include those of patients coming from outside the cities to hospitals here for treatment.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 4 fatalities

2 more test positive for H1N1

UMBAI: Two Mulund residents tested positive for H1N1 on Friday. According to the BMC officials, total number of swine flu cases so far this year is three.

One of the two patients is a 44-year-old woman who had been to Gujarat and contracted the disease from there. The other is a 31-year-old man. Both are residents of Mulund.

"Both the patients are stable and are getting treatment at home. We had one swine flu case in January and the person is doing well," said Dr Mangala Gomare, who heads the BMC's epidemiology cell.

Two Mulund residents were tested positive for H1N1 on Friday. According to the BMC officials, total number of swine flu cases so far this year is thre

Comment

Swine flu travels from Delhi to Mumbai
        Published: Monday, Feb 11, 2013, 8:00 IST
        By Maitri Porecha | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Doctors have confirmed that the two Mulund-based residents who were recently detected with swine flu contracted it after travelling to Delhi for official work.

A 44-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man from Mulund had contracted the H1N1 virus one after the other after having travelled to Delhi and Rajkot two weeks ago. Although the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation?s health department played down the seriousness of the issue by stating that both the patients had been treated on out-patient department (OPD) basis, sources said that the woman was admitted to the private-run Jupiter Hospital in Thane. She was discharged after a 10-day-long haul in the hospital on Sunday.
        The woman was admitted to Thane's private-run Jupiter Hospital after the BMC's health department played down the seriousness of the issue by treating her on OPD basis.

Comment

Woman tests positive for swine flu
          TNN | Feb 12, 2013, 05.37 AM IST

NAGPUR: Swine flu, which has claimed some 100 lives in the northern parts of the country this year, has reared its head in the city too. A woman from Hudkeshwar tested positive for the disease on Monday.
          "The patient is in critical condition. She was first admitted to some other private hospital in the city. The doctors there suspected her to be suffering from swine flu and sent her samples to a private laboratory, which declared her H1N1 positive. So she was referred to our hospital, since we are a authorized medical centre to treat swine flu," said managing director of KRIMS hospital Dr Ashok Arbat.
          Swine flu, which has claimed some 100 lives in the northern parts of the country this year, has reared its head in the city too.A woman from Hudkeshwa

Comment

Eight H1N1 deaths in state since Jan, six from district
            ByUmesh Isalkar, TNN | Feb 14, 2013, 06.04 AM IST

PUNE: The H1N1 influenza virus has claimed eight lives and infected over 57 people in the state since the beginning of this year. Pune district alone accounts for six of these casualties, with one death each reported from Jalgaon and Aurangabad.

Three people with the infection are currently in critical condition in Pune city and have been put on ventilator support, health officials said.
            The H1N1 influenza virus has claimed eight lives and infected over 57 people in the state since the beginning of this year. Pune district alone accoun

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 8 fatalities

Swine flu A 42-year-old woman, a resident of Jalana district, died of swine flu infection at a hospital in Pune on Friday.By Umesh Isalkar, Pune 5 hours ago via email
                A 42-year-old woman, a resident of Jalana district, died of swine flu infection at a hospital in Pune on Friday.

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 9 fatalities

Details on the woman reported above;

42-year-old Jalna woman dies of H1N1 infection
                TNN | Feb 16, 2013, 12.24 AM IST

"Surekha Sharad Kale died of swine flu infection at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital at 1.56 pm on Friday," said a health official.

Kale was from Karla village and developed symptoms on January 30. "She had fever, cough and sore throat for 11 days and later developed breathlessness and body ache," the official said.

The woman initially took fever and cough medicine on her own. She consulted doctors at Khadki Hospital in Jalna and took medicine on their advice for two days but when she developed breathlessness on February 5, she consulted another doctor.

Kale was referred to another hospital for better management but trained staff needed to render ventilator support was not available and she was taken to another hospital in Aurangabad where she was put on ventilator support on February 7. Her throat swab tested positive for swine flu and Kale's relatives then moved her to Pune.

On February 9 she was put on a high frequency ventilator at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital but her condition did not improve and she succumbed to the infection on Friday.
                A 42-year-old woman from Jalna district died of swine flu infection at a city hospital on Friday.The condition of two others is critical and they have

Comment

Don't panic over swine flu yet: Mumbai doctors
                  Climate change is to be blamed for the recent surge in swine flu cases in the city, claim doctors
                  February 17, 2013
                  MUMBAI
                  Naveen Nair

Six cases of swine flu have been reported in the city in the month of February, and 79 across the state. While nine deaths have been recorded, doctors rubbish reports of a sudden upsurge in the number of swine flu cases in the city. Claiming that this is a usual feature, doctors blame the change in climate for the detection of swine flu cases. With the cold withdrawing, cases of swine flu will reduce gradually, they said.

Comment

Woman dies of swine flu
                    TNN | Feb 18, 2013, 01.59 AM IST

NAGPUR: A 48-year-old woman from Hudkeshwar became the first victim of swine flu in the city this season when she succumbed to the disease on Saturday. The woman became the 110th victim of the disease in three years that swine flu raised its head in the city in 2009.
                    A 48-year-old woman from Hudkeshwar became the first victim of swine flu in the city this season when she succumbed to the disease on Saturday.

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 10 fatalities

71-year-old man dies of swine flu
                      TNN | Feb 20, 2013, 03.56 AM IST

PUNE: A 71-year-old man from Khadki died of swine flu at a hospital here on February 17, even as two patients, whose condition continued to be critical on Tuesday, were put on ventilator support. The number of deaths due to the contagion has gone up to three in the city since January. Two of them died this month.
                      A 71-year-old man from Khadki died of swine flu at a hospital here on February 17, even as two patients, whose condition continued to be critical on T

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 11 fatalities

Four people critical with swine flu in Pune
                        ByUmesh Isalkar, TNN | Feb 24, 2013, 09.07 PM IST

PUNE: The condition of four people with swine flu continues to be critical. All the four have been put on ventilator support at different hospitals in Pune city, said civic health officials.
                        "A total of nine patients are currently being treated at different hospitals across the city. Among them, the condition of four is critical," said S T Pardeshi, medical officer of health, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC).

As many as 59 people have tested positive for swine flu since January. Besides, the virus claimed three lives during this period. "Among them, two were local residents while one was from Jalana district," Pardeshi said.
                        The condition of four people with swine flu continues to be critical. All the four have been put on ventilator support at different hospitals in Pune

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 11 fatalities

machine translated (with some difficulty). Golden Park hospital is in Mumbai, Maharashtra. What the relationship is to Ramabai Nagar & Manikpur (both in Uttar Pradesh) I can't make out.

One death from swine flu

Feb 24, 2013, 08.30AM IST
                          Sn. Vasai: City of Golden Park Hospital, a person
                          After the death of swine flu Nvgr Manikpur
                          * The Block Congress Committee president Rajesh Gwhankr
                          The Vasai - Virar
                          Assistant Commissioner of Municipal Corporation in the area clean - cleaning is demanded. In a letter to the Assistant Commissioner
                          Gwhankr said Nvgr
                          Ramabai Nagar near Manikpur Department
                          * An unknown person in the slum is the business of raising animals which extends the huge mess. This fear of spreading diseases in people.
                          शहर के गोल्डन पार्क के अस्पताल में एक व्यक्ति की स्वाइन फ्लू के कारण मौत हो जाने के बाद नवघर माणिकपुर के ब्लॉक कांग्रेस कमिटी के अध्यक्ष राजेश...

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 12 fatalities

Press release from the MOHFW today gives Maharashtra count at 103 cases & 13 fatalities.

Comment

Re: Maharashtra Flu 2013, 13 fatalities

80-year-old succumbs to H1N1

PUNE: An 80-year-old man from Bhavani Peth succumbed to swine flu infection on Friday. This is the fourth H1N1 death in the city this year.

"Changanraj Solanki suffered septic shock following multi-organ failure with acute respiratory distress and died at 3.15 am on March 1," said a civic health official.

Solanki had fever and dry cough since February 10. He had mild difficulty in breathing and started vomiting on February 15. Despite symptoms earlier, he delayed consulting a doctor for the first three days. He had travelled to Rajasthan and stayed there from January 20 to 28.

Comment

Working...
                              X