• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gujarat H1N1 2013 197 fatalities

link to 2012 thread - http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...=184783&page=2

19-year-old woman succumbs to swine-flu in Surendranagar village
    By Vijaysinh Parmar, TNN | Jan 16, 2013, 03.19 PM IST

RAJKOT: 19-year-old woman died due to swine-flu at Rajkot Civil Hospital. According to sources, deceased has been identified as Radha Karsanbhai, a resident of Khorala village in Chotila taluka of Surendranagar district.

According to officials, Radha complained about breathing problems and fever few days ago. She consulted local doctors but she there was no sign of relief and she was referred to civil hospital in Rajkot.
    This was the second death due to swine-flu in Saurashtra region of this month. Earlier, Kalubhai Kothiwala, a resident Shobhavadla village in Visavadar taluka of Junagadh district on January 1 died due to swine-flu.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 2 fatalities

Two women die of swine flu in Guj

STAFF WRITER 18:6 HRS IST
    Rajkot, Jan 16 (PTI) Two women succumbed to swine flu infection here during the last three days, hospital sources said today.

Meena Varaniya, a resident of Gandhigram area of Rajkot, died two days back at the Civil Hospital where she was admitted after being infected by the deadly H1N1 virus, sources said.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 3 fatalities

Additional Director (Health)

No : EPC/lnfluenza A/462013-8
      Commissionerate of Health, Medical Services & ME,
      Block 5/2 , Dr. Jivaraj Mehta Bhavan,
      Gandhinagar -3820L0
      Tel No :079-23257948, Fax No :079-23254544
      E mai I : p:udmurJ ffi reclffi mi/" **ryr
      Dt : tZ /OL/2013
      To,
      Chief District Health Officer, District Panchayat .......... .....A11
      Chief District Medica! officer,District Hospital. .................A11
      Subject: Intensification of preventive and control measures for lnfluenza A
      Recent phase of winter have shown sporadic cases of lnfluenza A and H1N1 cases especially in Districts like, Rajkot, Vadodara, Jamnagar, Surendranagar and Kutch. lt is highly likely to show increasing trend in the state as in other parts of country. lnfluenza A infection transmitted through airborne route spreads very fast in the community. This bears special significance when many national, international and NRI visitors are to visit Vibrant Gujarat, Kite festival, Ranostav, like events happening in our State. Therefore
      some special preventive measures like intensive lEC, awareness program, screening activity should be augmented all over state with special emphasis where major congregations/gatherings are to happen.
      Recently workshops/ sensitization meetings/ and CME are conducted with IMA
      members in all districts of our state. Such forums should be repeatedly revisited to strengthen our surveillance and support to private sector in dealing with such communicable disease.
      Kindly ensure following measures.
      1,. lntensive screening and reporting of ARI cases to the state epidemic branch.
      2. Necessary lEC, awareness and training program at district level.
      3. Support from lMA, local NGO, Grant-in-aid hospital and Private Practitioner . 4. Regular follow-up of confirm cases and screening of contact cases
      5. Ensure enough stock of PPE, Antiviral tablets and other logistics with facilities at lsolation wards at District Hospitals.
      6. Manual of influenza A is available on website of website www.gujhealth.gov.in.
      Circulate it to all PHC, CHC, DH and Medical College Hospital and other stakeholders.
      7. Daily Report of lnfluenza situation in standard format should be submitted by mail.
      Any unusual event should immediately be reported to Deputy Director (Epidemic) on
      Mobile : 9909966905 and E-mail hrgujarat@yahoo.co.in with copy to AdditionalDirector (Health) on mobile and e-mail mentioned above
      il/rilV
      Additional Director (Health)

Comment

Youth tests postive for H1N1 in Amreli

AMRELI: A 25-year-old man from Mendarna village in Junagadh district tested positive for swine flu in Amreli, where he went to attend a wedding.

Health officials of Amreli district administration identified the youth as Sunil Vanja. Vanja was working as a labourer in Bhavnagar. He went to Amreli to attend a wedding in the Gayatri Mandir area of the town, where he fell ill.

"After he suffered fever and a cold for a week, he was taken Amreli Civil Hospital where his blood sample was test. On Tuesday, the report confirmed that he was suffering from swine flu," said a health official.

A 25-year-old man from Mendarna village in Junagadh district tested positive for swine flu in Amreli, where he went to attend a wedding.

Comment

Eight-month old baby tests positive for H1N1 in Jamnagar

RAJKOT: An eight-month-old baby boy in Jamnagar has been tested positive for H1N1 virus known as Swine-flu.

According to sources, eight-month-old Hiren, a resident of Pan Bangla area near Raj shakti Pan parlor in Jamnagar was admitted into J G Hospital. Doctors suspected the child for Swine-flu and sent the blood samples for laboratory test which confirmed swine-flu positive.

According to sources, during the last few days, cases of Swine-flu positives are being reported from different parts of Saurashtra and Kutch region.

Comment

Suspected cases of swine flu in Ahmedabad

AHMEDABAD: The long winter has led to spike in influenza in the city, and with it suspected cases of swine flu have streamed into city hospitals. In this month alone two swine flu patients and two other suspected cases were admitted to Apollo Hospitals for treatment.

State health department claims the two confirmed cases were from Rajasthan, while two others from the city are under observation. "One patient may be discharged on Wednesday if laboratory reports do not confirm swine flu," says a senior health official.

The two swine flu cases from Rajasthan were admitted on January 19 and January 21. One of the patients is a woman. The patients' conditions are stable at the moment, according to hospital director Abhijat Sheth.

The long winter has led to spike in influenza in the city, and with it suspected cases of swine flu have streamed into city hospitals. In this month a

Comment

Swine flu claims two lives in Gujarat
              Press Trust of India / Bhuj (Guj) February 03, 2013, 21:25

A pregnant woman and a five-year-old girl have succumbed to swine flu here today, health officials said.

A pregnant woman identified as one Daksha, from Kadia village of Nakhtrana tehsil, who was undergoing treatment at a private hospital

The girl, a native of Kanthkot village of Bachchau tehsil, who had been admitted to Civil Hospital on January 31

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 5 fatalities

This report of the two fatalities above puts the total at 6 for 2013 http://www.newkerala.com/news/newspl...l#.UQ-VFx1MN8M

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 6 fatalities

Published on Feb 5, 2013
                  In Bhuj a woman immolated her self on Sunday and was declared brought dead in hospital. According to police officials before death she was keeping distance from her husband and kids as she had perceived that she is infected with swine flu. Thus she did not want her close ones to get infected. The police official added that deceased came in contact with a swine flu patient and from that day she assumed that she is infected too.
                  - TV9 Gujarat

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 6 fatalities

Two-year-old boy dies of Swine Flu in Bhuj
                    Bhuj | Thursday, Feb 7 2013 IST

A Two year-old boy of Modhva village in Mandvi taluka, died of swine flu in a private hospital, taking the toll to seven in Bhuj during last one month, official sources said. The boy succumbed to the disease yesterday in the hospital.

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 7 fatalities

One dies of suspected swine flu, 5 more test positive
                      Last Updated: Saturday, February 09, 2013, 21:56

Rajkot: A 37-year old person admitted to Civil Hospital here with swine flu symptoms died on Saturday even as five more persons tested positive for the H1N1 virus, hospital sources said.

Yusuf Ahemad, a native of Junagadh, was admitted to Rajkot Civil hospital last night with swine flu symptoms, sources said.

His blood sample was sent for lab testing and the report was yet to be received but the patient died this morning, they said.
                      A 37-year old person admitted to Civil Hospital here with swine flu symptoms died on Saturday even as five more persons tested positive for the H1N1 virus, hospital sources said.

Probably the same man in spite of the differences in details - Ro

35-year-old man suspected of swine flu dies in Rajkot
                      TNN | Feb 10, 2013, 04.19 AM IST

RAJKOT: A patient suffering from suspected swine flu died before his test reports could come at Rajkot Civil Hospital on Saturday. The hospital authorities identified the patient as Yusuf Sheikh (35).
                      A patient suffering from suspected swine flu died before his test reports could come at Rajkot Civil Hospital on Saturday.The hospital authorities ide

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 7 fatalities

Two die of swine flu in Jamnagar

Jamnagar: Two persons died of swine flu at a government hospital here on Sunday, pushing the death toll from the disease to seven since the onset of winter.

"With the death of Salma Abid (24) and Karsan Kanjaria (57) at government hospital here, the number of persons having succumbed to swine flu in the district since onset of winter has risen to seven," District Health Officer JJ Pandya said.
                        Two persons died of swine flu at a government hospital here on Sunday, pushing the death toll from the disease to seven since the onset of winter.

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 9 fatalities

Tv9 Gujarat 12 killed in Gujarat due to Swine Flu

The report is in Gujarati.

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 9 fatalities

Swine-flu patient dies
                            TNN | Feb 11, 2013, 11.08 PM IST

RAJKOT: A pregnant woman suffering from swine-flu died at Rajkot Civil Hospital on Monday. Sources said 22-year-old PoonamVaghela had complained of fever and cough three days back. She was admitted to an isolation ward as a suspected H1N1 virus patient. Her bloods samples were sent for laboratory tests which confirmed that she was H1N1 positive.
                            A pregnant woman suffering from swine-flu died at Rajkot Civil Hospital on Monday.Sources said 22-year-old Poonam Vaghela had complained of fever and

Comment

Re: Gujarat H1N1 2013 10 fatalities

Swine flu has claimed 14 in state this year
                              Express news service : Ahmedabad, Tue Feb 12 2013, 02:53 hrs

The swine flu virus, or H1N1, has killed 14 people in Gujarat since the beginning of this year, with 24 others currently undergoing treatment at various hospitals across the state, an update from the Health Department said Monday. An additional 16 patients have been discharged after being cured.

The number of those infected by swine flu so far this year is 54, already more than half of the total number of those infected throughout 2012, which saw 89 confirmed cases in which 26 died.

Comment

Working...
                              X