• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 53 fatalities

60-year-old woman dies of swine flu
    BY ADMIN ? FEBRUARY 13, 2013
    POSTED IN: HIMACHAL
    Shimla

A 60-year-old woman of Kaslog village in the Arki area of Solan district died of swine flu at the Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC) here. The victim had yesterday tested positive for the influenza infection at the IGMC. This is the second death due to swine flu in Himachal in the last week as a 52-year-old woman from the Kunihar area had died of the infection at the IGMC.

A third Himachal Native died in Chandigarh on or about Jan 17th. All three hailed from Solan district. - Ro
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 54 fatalities

Woman dies of swine flu

Fatehgarh Sahib, February 13 (Punjab)
      The total number of swine flu cases in the district has gone up to four in the past month with the death of a 45-year-old woman, who was being treated for swine flu at the local Civil Hospital.
      The deceased has been identified as Manjit Kaur of Uncha Jatana village.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 55 fatalities

Swine flu patient from Moonak dies (Punjab)
        Tribune News Service

Sangrur, February 15
        A swine flu patient, Riya Jain (40), resident of Moonak, died last night at the PGI, Chandigarh. She was cremated today at Moonak, about 60 km from here. Sangrur Civil Surgeon Dr HS Bali said she was admitted to PGI about 10 days ago and had tested positive for swine flu.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 56 fatalities

machine translated;
          Another swine flu death in the state (Himachal Pradesh)
          Bhaskar News | Feb 16, 2013, 01:56 AM IST

Shimla / Dharamsala. Swine flu has killed another person in the state. Amit young victim was a resident of village Palampur Panapr. However, IGMC hospital 7 new probable cases of swine flu.

3 people so far have died from swine flu. This is the first case of swine flu death in Kangra. 34-year-old Amit was sick for a month. Bwarna Bimo Dr. SK Sood said the drugs are given in the village.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 57 fatalities

2 more die of swine flu; death toll in region climbs to 40 (Punjab)
            Saturday, February, 16 2013 - 16:33
            By Anjali Singh Deswal-

SANGRUR/ FARIDKOT: With swine flu claiming the lives of 40 people in Punjab and Haryana already (52 - including these; 28 Punjab & 24 Haryana - Ro), the disease is showing no signs of let-up as two more deaths surfaced from Sangrur and Faridkot Saturday.

A woman from Moonak in Sangrur and a man from village Matta in Faridkot have died due to swine flu.

According to information, the deceased woman, Reena Jain, was 40-years-old, ...

Similarly, Baltej Singh from village Matta, Faridkot, died of swine flu. According to the relatives of Baltej, he had high fever and was taken to a doctor in his village, who referred him to Kotkapura where he was shown at a private hospital. The doctor at Kotkapura saw symptoms of swine flu and he was referred to the medical college at Faridkot. When he was taken to the medical college in Faridkot, the doctors saw that his condition was deteriorating due to swine flu and he had to be rushed to DMC Ludhiana. His relatives took him to Ludhiana after Faridkot where the doctors declared him brought dead.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 58 fatalities

Swine flu cases decline in city
              Ritika Jha Palial
              Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, February 16

In the past six days no new case of swine flu has been reported in the city. A 38-year-old woman admitted last week to the PGIMER died of swine flu on Saturday. This brings the total death tally to three in the city this year.

The number of swine flu cases reported in the city has declined drastically since 2009 when the disease had first hit the city.

There has been an overall decline in the number of cases in the city from 157 in 2009 to 26 this year. Officials in the health department said swine flu was not as severe a disease as was being perceived and not irreversible.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 59 fatalities

Bhuna trader dies of swine flu (Haryana)
                Tribune News Service

Fatehabad, February 17
                A trader from Bhuna town in the district died due to suspected swine flu. Health authorities said they had no information, but family members maintained that the victim died of H1N1 infection.

The victim suffered from fever, cough and cold a week ago and was shifted to Hisar in a serious condition. Doctors at Hisar sent his samples for testing. He was shifted to PGIMS, Rohtak, when his condition deteriorated.

After his condition did not improve, the victim was shifted to a super-specialty hospital in Delhi, where he died on Sunday morning.

The victim?s brother said the doctors confirmed that the victim suffered from swine flu.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 60 fatalities

78-yr-old dies of swine flu (Haryana)
                  Panchkula, February 17
                  A 78-year-old Panchkula resident died of swine flu at the PGI, Chandigarh, this evening. He was referred to PGI after he tested positive of swine flu. His death has taken the toll to four in the tricity. Till now, 31 cases of swine flu have been reported from the Chandigarh region. ? TNS

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 61 fatalities

machine translated;
                    If swine flu is to respond smash mouth, then sir Meet them! (Punjab)
                    Bhaskar News | Feb 18, 2013, 05:31 AM IST

120 cases of swine flu in the state has had. 29 people have died. Has raised fears of swine flu in people. Mild cough, cold and fever go to the doctor are keeping demand for swine flu tests. While the 60-year-old woman Jalandhar won fighting the swine flu. Now he's healthy and household chores are divided into the hand.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 62 fatalities

Woman tests positive for swine flu in Hoshiarpur

A 50- year-old woman of Makhsoospur village in district's Mahilpur block has been diagnosed with swine flu. Laxmi Devi was admitted to the civil hospital here on February 15 with symptoms of cough and high fever. Her nasal smear was sent for an examination to PGI Chandigarh the same day.

The report has confirmed the presence of H1N1 virus in her body and she has been isolated in a special ward.

On Monday morning her husband Gian Chand, 60, was also admitted to the hospital with similar symptoms. District epidemiologist Dr Sailesh Kumar said that his nasal sample had also been sent for testing.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 62 fatalities

Swine flu: 3 more deaths in Tricity

Express news service

Three more deaths due to swine flu were reported in the Tricity on Monday, taking the toll to seven.
                        As per officials, two patients were from Chandigarh and one from Panchkula (Haryana-Ro). However, the Health Department continued to maintain that these were not fresh cases but were old cases.

According to the city IDSP nodal officer, Dr Naresh Kumar, two male chronic patients and residents of Sector 34 and Mani Majra respectively, in their early 70s, died at PGI and a hospital in Mohali respectively.

Both of them were admitted to the hospitals in the last week of January.

Similarly, a 46-year-old woman reportedly died at Alchemist hospital in Panchkula. She had also been undergoing treatment for swine flu for the past two weeks.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 65 fatalities

More details of the 46 yo -

Swine flu claims three more lives
                          Tribune News Service

Panchkula, February 18
                          In yet another swine flu death on the second consecutive day in Panchkula, a Sector 12 A resident today died at a private hospital here this morning. Yesterday also, a resident of the same area had died of swine flu.

The victim, Anita Tewari (46) was admitted to a private hospital in Sector 21, Panchkula, on February 14. Tewari was in a critical condition when she was admitted.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 65 fatalities

Swine flu claims 30 lives in Haryana

Thirty lives have been lost in Haryana this year to the H1N1 swine flu virus, health officials said here Tuesday.

Of the 455 suspected cases which have been tested for the disease, 198 cases have reported positive.

A health department spokesman said that of the 30 deaths reported, five are from Sirsa district while four each are from Panchkula, Faridabad and Karnal. Three deaths are from Bhiwani and Kurukshetra, two from Gurgaon and Jind and one each from Fatehabad, Hisar, and Kaithal.

He said that of these deaths, four were reported Monday.

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 68 fatalities

machine translated; Faridabad, Haryana

Second death from swine flu

Feb 22, 2013, 08.00AM IST
                              News NBT. Faridabad
                              district late Wednesday and died of swine flu. The disease has killed two people in the district. District Health Department says the 40-year-old man was being treated in a private hospital for several days. Due to ruptured intestine admit it was conducted in a private hospital. After that it was septicemia. During the treatment of his swine flu test was positive The civil surgeon Dr Arvind Lohan was asked about when he said it was in a private hospital in the individual causes of death, including swine flu. This person vulnerable to many diseases and other reports of swine flu have been positive. The swine flu is believed to be a cause of its death. Therefore, people who sugar, Thoyraid, BP, is vulnerable to cancer and other disease should take special care of them this season.
                              District Health Department confirmed death from swine flu on Thursday morning, after which the disease in the district The death toll is 2. However, on Thursday, 1 new positive case came from the private hospital. On Thursday, 26 people tested for swine flu came in OPD, of which 11 were positive for swine flu drug.
                              The number of suspected patient is 84. Civil surgeon Dr Arvind Lohan said on Thursday 1 new positive case came from the private hospital.
                              बुधवार देर रात जिले में स्वाइन फ्लू से एक और मौत हो गई। इस बीमारी से अब तक जिले में दो लोगों की मौत हो चुकी है। जिला स्वास्थ्य विभाग के मुताबिक, करीब...

Comment

Re: Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh H1N1 2013 - 69 fatalities

Hisar woman dies of swine flu (Haryana)
                                Tribune News Service

Hisar, February 22
                                A married woman from Bass village of Hisar fell prey to H1N1 infection in the AIIMS, Delhi, last evening. This is the second death due to swine flu in Hisar since January. Earlier, a 20-year-old woman from Lohari Jatan village of Hisar had died of H1N1 virus infection in a private hospital here on February 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X