Flu caused by mosquito bites says West Bengal Chief Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu caused by mosquito bites says West Bengal Chief Minister

Comment: The response to any public health issue is governed by how much those in charge care. I hope that she just misspoke and does not truly believe this. - Ro

'Swine Flu Caused by Mosquito Bite,' Says Mamata Banerjee
    All India | Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh | Updated: February 19, 2015 16:01 IST

KOLKATA, INDIA: At a time the country is fighting to check the rise of swine flu cases, Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister of Bengal, has said that the disease "mostly happens from mosquito bites."

The comments may alarm health experts who say lack of awareness is a major contributor to the spread of the disease.

"For swine flu we are taking all action, we have even kept ready isolated beds, for action as you all know it is nowadays a free earth, all human beings are travelling from here to there, it mostly happens from mosquito bites and various other reasons, to heal the disease is not possible for me, but to get it nicely treated is our duty on humanitarian grounds..." Mamata Banerjee said at a press conference today.
    http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/swine...anerjee-740796
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

After Mamata Banerjee Thought it's Mosquito-Borne, Mumbai Mayor Calls Swine Flu a 'Heart Disease'
    Mumbai | Veer Arjun Singh (with inputs from PTI) | Updated: February 19, 2015 23:19 IST

At the time when swine flu cases in the country have crossed 10,000 mark, Mumbai Mayor Snehal Ambekar today called it a "heart disease" and made a bizarre suggestion that the municipal authority will plant trees to check the disease.

"Swine flu is a heart disease... Hence, BMC will plant trees, develop gardens and parks to check swine flu," Ms Ambekar told reporters after garlanding the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on the occassion of his birth anniversary in Mumbai today.
    At the time when swine flu cases in the country have crossed 10,000 mark, Mumbai Mayor Snehal Ambekar today called it a "heart disease" and made a bizarre suggestion that the municipal authority will plant trees to check the disea
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X