Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assam
    Japanese Enchefelichitas Bakilayaghat Tate Teacher's Death
    In the past Emai Dhuri Guwahati Medical College Hospital was undergoing treatment.

Japanese Enchefelichitas Bakilayaghat Tate Teacher's Death In the past Emai Dhuri Guwahati Medical College Hospital was undergoing treatment.

News18-Assam
    Updated: August 11, 2019, 1:24 PM IST
    Such is the death of the Japanese enchafelitis. GUWAHATI MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL DEATH Abhishek Tiwari Named Aizen Tate Teacher. Bakaliyaghat Haldiait GH teachers. In the past Emai Dhuri Guwahati Medical College Hospital was undergoing treatment. Azi Pura died on the occasion of Abhishek Tiwari.
    বিগত এমাহ ধৰি গুৱাহাটী চিকিৎসা মহাবিদ্যালয় হাস্পতালত চিকিৎসাধীন হৈ আছিল শিক্ষকজন।
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• National
      From the latest NHM report to July (report date August 10); (+change since August 3 report)

9,434 tests for JE (+1,694) of which 844 (+378) were positive. Andhra Pradesh 0 positive form 1 test (new), Arunachal Pradesh (156/221 (new)), Assam (417 (+117)/1,803 (+846)), Chandigarh (0/41 (unchanged)), Chhattisgarh (1/1(unchanged)), Delhi (0/1 (unchanged)), Goa (0/2 (+1)), Karnataka (0/50(+12)), Kerala (0/1(unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (14/0 sic (unchanged)), Maharashtra (16 (+9) / 27 (+15)), Manipur (0/11 (unchanged)), Meghalaya (67 (+24) /154 (+48)), Nagaland (14 (+14)/44 (+38)), Odisha (10 (unchanged) /38 (+8)), Tamil Nadu (3 /32 (unchanged)), Tripura (84 (+34) / 744 (+219)), Uttar Pradesh (26 (+8) /5,468 (+90)), West Bengal (36 (+16) /795 (+195))

640 (+444) AES deaths distributed as follows; Andaman and Nicobar Islands (1 (unchanged)), Andhra Pradesh (2 (+1)), Assam (41 (+5)), Bihar (1 (unchanged)), Chandigarh (37 (+1)), D&NH (1 (unchanged)), Gujarat (2 (+1)), Haryana (1 (+1)), Karnataka (9 (unchanged)), Kerala (1 (unchanged), Madhya Pradesh (5 (+2)), Maharashtra (39 (+13)), Meghalaya (4 (unchanged)), Odisha (5 (unchanged)), Rajasthan (30 (unchanged)), Tamil Nadu (10 (+3)), Telangana (5 (+1)), Uttar Pradesh (412 (+412)), West Bengal (34 (+4))

197 (-73) JE deaths distributed as follows; Assam (13 (+5)), Bihar (0(-1)), Chhattisgarh (8 (unchanged)), Daman & Diu (1(unchanged)), Karnataka (4 (+1)), Kerala (7 (unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (2(unchanged)), Maharashtra (5 (+3)), Nagaland (1 (+1)), Odisha (111 (unchanged)), Rajasthan (20 (+1)), Uttar Pradesh (24 (-84)), West Bengal (1 (+1)).

https://nrhm-mis.nic.in/hmisreports/...d_reports.aspx

Comment: Bihar has reported 207 total AES deaths (153 in Muzaffarpur & 54 in other districts), Assam has increased the number of JE deaths to 142 (Aug 9) and AES to 139 (July 20) for a total of 281. There have also been reports of 2 deaths each in Jharkhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland and 1 in Uttarakhand. Combined, this brings the number of fatalities so far this year to 1,280 (+369 in the past week). Uttar Pradesh: All 24 JE fatalities are reported from Bijnor district. AES fatalities from Bahraich (1) and Sultanpur (411). I am doubtful that these numbers are correct.- Ro
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Assam
        School Teacher Dies of Japanese Encephalitis (JE) At Bokoliaghat
        August 13, 2019 2:59 pm

A Correspondent

Hojai: Japanese Encephalitis (JE) claimed one Abhisekh Tiwari, a resident of Halodhiati, under Bokolia Police Station of Karbi Anglong district on Sunday. Tiwari was a school teacher of Dulu Pathar LP School in Hojai district; he was 35 .He had been undergoing treatment in Gauhati Medical College & Hospital for last 45 days after he was detected with Japanese Encephalitis.
        A Correspondent Hojai: Japanese Encephalitis (JE) claimed one Abhisekh Tiwari, a resident of Halodhiati, under Bokolia Police Station of Karbi Anglong district

Arunachal Pradesh
        Pig blood samples test JE positive
        August 13, 2019

ITANAGAR, Aug 12: About 15 percent of the blood samples collected from pigs in five districts have tested positive for Japanese encephalitis (JE).
        Twenty-eight out of the 179 blood samples collected from pigs in East Siang, Upper Subansiri, West Siang, Lohit and Longding have tested positive for JE, the animal husbandry, veterinary & dairy development department said in a press statement.
        The department conducted the survey recently to detect the possible presence of an antibody against the JE virus in the pig population of the five districts from where JE cases in humans were reported.

Comment

• Week 28 IDSP report:https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l8...1565696325.pdf

AR/ESN/2019/28/0821
          ArunachalPradesh
          East Siang Japanese
          Encephalitis
          33 00 09-07-19 09-07-19 Under
          Surveillance
          Cases reported from Pasighat town. District RRT
          investigated the outbreak. House to House survey
          done. Out of 33 serum samples collected and sent
          to DPHLBP Genral Hopital; 21 samples were
          positive for JE (IgM ELISA).
          All cases treated
          symptomatically. Awareness regarding mosquito
          control activities done by health workers. Health
          education given.

MH/NAG/2019/28/0835 Maharashtra Nagpur
          Acute
          Encephalitis
          Syndrome
          02 cases 02 fatalities 08-07-19 11-07-19 Under Surveillance
          Cases reported from Village Zopadi, Moragaon
          PHC Bela and Khat, Block Umred and Moud.
          District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to
          house survey done. 02 blood samples collected and
          sent to NIV, Pune were negative for JE (IgM
          ELISA).
          All cases treated symptomatically.
          Entomological survey done in the affected area.
          Fogging done. Health education given

AR/PPM/2019/28/0849
          Arunachal
          Pradesh
          Papumpare Japanese
          Encephalitis 04 00 07-06-19 Under
          Surveillance
          Cases reported from various places of Itanagar. District RRT
          investigated the outbreak. House to House survey done. 2
          serum and 2 CSF samples collected were positive for JE (IgM
          ELISA).
          All cases treated symptomatically. Awareness
          regarding mosquito control activities done by health workers.
          Health education given.

BH/JAH/2019/28/0850 Bihar Jahanabad
          Acute
          Encephalitis
          Syndrome
          04 01 fatality 15-06-19
          Under
          Surveillance
          Cases reported from Villages Sikariya, Kakariya, Gaurakshni
          Mohalla and Erki, PHC Sikariya,, Block Sadar (Sikariya).
          District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to house survey
          done. All cases treated symptomatically. Technical malathion
          fogging done at the affected area. Immunization for JE was
          done in the affected area. Health education given.

BH/NAW/2019/28/0851 Bihar Nawada Japanese
          Encephalitis 01 01 fatality 29-06-19 Under
          Surveillance
          A 4yr old male child resident of Village Bhola Bigha,
          PHC/Block Hisua presented symptoms of fever with
          convulsions and was admitted in PMCH, Patna on 29th June
          2019. 1 blood & csf sample collected & tested at PMCH, Patna
          were found positive for JE (IgM ELISA).
          District RRT
          investigated the outbreak. Active survey of cases done in the
          affected area. Technical Malathion fogging was done in
          affected area. Health education given

MH/CND/2019/28/0853 Maharashtra Chandrapur AES/JE 101 cases 10 fatalities 01-07-19 Under
          Surveillance
          Cases reported from several talukas of the District. District
          RRT investigated the outbreak. House to house survey done.
          Out of 86 blood serum samples collected and sent to GMC
          Chandrapur; 3 samples were positive for JE (IgM ELISA).
          All
          cases treated symptomatically. Entomological survey done in
          the affected area. Fogging done. Health education given.

Comment

• Assam
            Class 12 F died at SMCH Cachar. Hospitalized since 7/31.
            With Japanese Encephalitis (JE) rampaging across Assam, a student of class 12 lost her life to the infection in Cachar. The victim, Banskandi's Tahlina Akhtar w

Comment

• Assam
              Japanese Encephalitis Toll Climbs To 146 In Assam

Mukut Das
              Updated: 16th August 2019 - 19:27:04 PM

The Japanese Encephalitis death toll in Assam rose to 146 with one more case reported from western Assam?s Dhubri district according to National Health Mission (NHM) bulletin in Guwahati. A total of four positive JE cases were reported in the state on August 16th, 2019. A total of 614 positive JE cases have been reported so far according to the official data. On August 14th, 2019, a death case was reported from Barak Valley?s Cachar district.

News reports for the last few weeks have been omitting the full picture by not reporting on AES cases & deaths in Assam. To July 20, JE confirmed cases made up only 28% of the total AES (459 JE from 1,637 total AES) caseload and constituted only 45% of the fatalities (104 JE from 231 total AES). Since then, 155 additional confirmed cases of JE have been reported with 42 fatalities. Statistically, an additional 398 AES cases with 51 fatalities may have occurred in the same period. My estimate of the true AES toll in the state is around 2,190 cases with 324 fatalities. - Ro

Comment

• Manipur
                JE cases touch 197
                17-Aug-2019

By Our Staff Reporter
                IMPHAL, Aug 17: The total number of positive Japanese Encephalitis cases in the State has reached 197.
                Till date, 65 people have been infected by JE in Churachandpur district, 31 in Imphal East district, 31 in Imphal West district and 30 in Thoubal district,
                By Our Staff Reporter IMPHAL, Aug 17: The total number of positive Japanese Encephalitis cases in the State has reached 197. Till date, 65 people have been infected by JE in Churachandpur district, 31

Comment

• National
                  From the latest NHM report to July (report date August 17); (+change since August 10 report)

12,139 tests for JE (+2,705) of which 1,640 (+796) were positive. Andhra Pradesh 0 positive form 1 test (unchanged), Arunachal Pradesh (163 (+7)/231 (+10)), Assam (1,183 (+766) /4,401(+2,598)), Chandigarh (0/41 (unchanged)), Chhattisgarh (1/1(unchanged)), Delhi (0/1 (unchanged)), Goa (0/2 (unchanged)), Karnataka (0/50(unchanged)), Kerala (0/1(unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (14/0 sic (unchanged)), Maharashtra (16 / 27 (unchanged)), Manipur (0/11 (unchanged)), Meghalaya (67 /154 (unchanged)), Nagaland (14 /44 (unchanged)), Odisha (19 (+9) /61 (+23)), Tamil Nadu (3 /42 (+10)), Tripura (84 /744 (unchanged)), Uttar Pradesh (26 /5,498 (+30)), West Bengal (50 (+14) /829 (+34))

255 (-385) AES deaths distributed as follows; Andaman and Nicobar Islands (1 (unchanged)), Andhra Pradesh (2 (unchanged)), Arunachal Pradesh (2 (+2)), Assam (63 (+22)), Bihar (1 (unchanged)), Chandigarh (37 (unchanged)), D&NH (1 (unchanged)), Gujarat (3 (+1)), Haryana (1 (unchanged)), Karnataka (8 (-1)), Kerala (1 (unchanged), Madhya Pradesh (5 (unchanged)), Maharashtra (39 (unchanged)), Meghalaya (4 (unchanged)), Odisha (6 (+1)), Rajasthan (30 (unchanged)), Tamil Nadu (10 (unchanged)), Telangana (5 (unchanged)), Uttar Pradesh (2 (-400)), West Bengal (34 (unchanged))

209 (+12) JE deaths distributed as follows; Assam (25 (+12)), Chhattisgarh (8 (unchanged)), Daman & Diu (1(unchanged)), Karnataka (4 (unchanged)), Kerala (7 (unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (2(unchanged)), Maharashtra (5 (unchanged)), Nagaland (1 (unchanged)), Odisha (111 (unchanged)), Rajasthan (20 (unchanged)), Uttar Pradesh (24 (unchanged)), West Bengal (1 (unchanged)).

Comment: Bihar has reported 207 total AES deaths (153 in Muzaffarpur & 54 in other districts), Assam has increased the number of JE deaths to 146 (Aug 16) and AES to 139 (July 20) for a total of 285. There have also been reports of 2 deaths each in Jharkhand, Manipur and Nagaland and 1 in Uttarakhand. Uttar Pradesh: As expected, 400 deaths removed from the AES tally. I am still doubtful that these numbers are correct.- Ro

Comment

• A Series Of Deaths Did Not Stop In This BJP-Ruled State, Another Broke.
                    Daily news network Posted: 2019-08-20 14:39:30 IST Updated: 2019-08-20 14:39:57 IST

The death of patients in the state due to Japanese encephalitis (JE) is still continuing. So far 147 people have died due to Japanese encephalitis in the state. Another patient died of the disease on Monday. A total of 147 people have died in the state so far due to the disease. According to the data released by the National Health Mission in Guwahati on Monday, a total of 618 cases of Japanese encephalitis have been reported in the state so far, with 147 deaths. Two new cases have been reported on Monday. One person died of JE in Assam's Jorhat district.

Comment

• Well written overview of the AES situation in Muzaffarpur, Bihar. - Ro

Mysterious illness kills children season after season in northern India, leaving researchers frustrated
                      A toxin in lychees, combined with malnourishment, is the culprit, scientists say. Yet not everyone agrees
                      by Dinsa Sachan, special to C&EN
                      AUGUST 25, 2019 | APPEARED IN VOLUME 97, ISSUE 33

Some think lychees are being blamed unfairly for an illness that breaks out among children in the north India state of Bihar each year.
                      Each summer in Muzaffarpur, in the north Indian state of Bihar, children suddenly wake up vomiting and delirious or they start having seizures. Some slip into a coma, and some die within hours of being wheeled into a hospital.

This phenomenon has been recurring for more than two decades. It generally begins in April and ends in June, when temperatures peak in this part of the country, soaring as high as 44 ?C. This year, the outbreak claimed the lives of 116 children in the state.

Some doctors thought it might be heat stroke. Others initially linked the recurring epidemic to acute encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain that can be caused in a variety of ways, including by bacterial or viral infection. They call it acute encephalitis syndrome (AES). But the situation in Bihar has been particularly puzzling: the symptoms come on too fast for encephalitis, and they’re accompanied by a drop in blood sugar.

So the search has continued. And within the past decade, researchers have identified a different culprit—a controversial one—lurking in fruit orchards.
                      https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemi...n-India/97/i33

Comment

• National
                        From the latest NHM report to July (report date August 24); (+change since August 17 report)

13,402 tests for JE (+1,263) of which 1,959 (+319) were positive. Andhra Pradesh 0 positive form 1 test (unchanged), Arunachal Pradesh (163 (unchanged)/231 (unchanged)), Assam (1,491 (+304) /5,634(+1,233)), Chandigarh (0/41 (unchanged)), Chhattisgarh (1/1(unchanged)), Delhi (0/1 (unchanged)), Goa (0/2 (unchanged)), Karnataka (0/50(unchanged)), Kerala (0/1(unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (14/0 sic (unchanged)), Maharashtra (16 / 27 (unchanged)), Manipur (0/11 (unchanged)), Meghalaya (67 /154 (unchanged)), Nagaland (14 /44 (unchanged)), Odisha (19 (unchanged) /62 (+1)), Tamil Nadu (3 /42 (unchanged)), Tripura (84 /744 (unchanged)), Uttar Pradesh (26 /5,498 (unchanged)), West Bengal (50 (unchanged) /833 (+4))

282 (+27) AES deaths distributed as follows; Andaman and Nicobar Islands (1 (unchanged)), Andhra Pradesh (2 (unchanged)), Arunachal Pradesh (2 (unchanged)), Assam (89 (+26)), Bihar (1 (unchanged)), Chandigarh (37 (unchanged)), D&NH (1 (unchanged)), Gujarat (3 (unchanged)), Haryana (1 (unchanged)), Karnataka (8 (unchanged)), Kerala (1 (unchanged), Madhya Pradesh (5 (unchanged)), Maharashtra (39 (unchanged)), Meghalaya (4 (unchanged)), Odisha (6 (unchanged)), Rajasthan (30 (unchanged)), Tamil Nadu (11 (unchanged)), Telangana (5 (unchanged)), Uttar Pradesh (2 (unchanged)), West Bengal (34 (unchanged))

229 (+20) JE deaths distributed as follows; Assam (43 (+18)), Chhattisgarh (8 (unchanged)), Daman & Diu (1(unchanged)), Karnataka (4 (unchanged)), Kerala (7 (unchanged)), Madhya Pradesh (2(unchanged)), Maharashtra (5 (unchanged)), Nagaland (1 (unchanged)), Odisha (111 (unchanged)), Rajasthan (22 (+2)), Uttar Pradesh (24 (unchanged)), West Bengal (1 (unchanged)).

Comment: Bihar has reported 207 total AES deaths (153 in Muzaffarpur & 54 in other districts), Assam has increased the number of JE deaths to 147 (Aug 20) and AES to 139 (July 20) for a total of 286. There have also been reports of 2 deaths each in Jharkhand, Manipur and Nagaland and 1 in Uttarakhand. These numbers should not be considered as complete - Ro

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                          Another girl died of fever in district hospital

Publish Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:00 PM (IST)

Lakhimpur: In the district hospital where a girl died due to high fever. At the same time, ICU has been referred to a patient. Physicians have described it as an AES patient. With this, the number of patients admitted so far in ICU has reached 53. Of the 22 patients currently admitted in the hospital's toddler ward, 10 are feverish, some of them are also suffering from severe tremors. Sita was admitted due to high fever. Who died during treatment at 8:30 pm on Tuesday night. Doctors have described it as high fever. Apart from this, Poonam, a seven-year-old daughter of Rajendra, a resident of Nighasan, has been sent to ICU due to AES. The number of recruits in ICU has reached 53 so far. Doctors say that sunshine is causing damage due to the changing weather,

Bad baby fan's fans

On one side there is hot summer, the mercury of the season has started reaching 40 degrees. While people are usually disturbed by the humidity and heat, in the district hospital's toddler ward, the patients of the patients are having to get fan with their hands. Of the 6 posts here, two fans have been opened for about a month as they are defective. Haven't stopped yet. The fans who are moving are so slow that their wind is not reaching the children. As a result, the patients are forced to fan themselves.

Posted By: Jagran
                          लखीमपुर जिला अस्पताल में जहां एक बच्ची की तेज बुखार के चलते मौत हो गई। वहीं एक मरीज को आईसीयू रेफर कर दिया गया है। चिकित्सकों ने इसे एईएस का मरीज बताया है।

Comment

• Week 29 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l8...1566903502.pdf
                            15-21 July

AR/UPS/2019/29/0858
                            Arunachal Pradesh Subansiri
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            03 cases 01 fatality 07-07-19 07-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Subansiri, Daporijo town,
                            DH- Daporijo. District RRT investigated the
                            outbreak. 3 Serum samples collected and tested at
                            IDSP-DPHL, Naharlagun and all found positive
                            for JE by IgM ELISA. Source reduction activities
                            undertaken. Health education given.

AR/LHT/2019/29/0859
                            Arunachal Pradesh Tezu (Lohit)
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            02 cases 00 09-07-19 06-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Tezu town under Zonal GH
                            Tezu. District RRT investigated the outbreak. 4
                            Serum samples were tested at RMRC Dibrugarh
                            out of which 2 found positive for JE by IgM
                            ELISA. All cases treated symptomatically. Health
                            education given.

AR/WKM/2019/29/0860
                            Arunachal Pradesh West Kameng
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            01 case 01 fatality 04-07-19 05-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Village Tippi, CHC
                            Bhalukpong under West Kameng District. District
                            RRT investigated the outbreak. 1 Serum sample
                            found IgM ELISA positive for JE tested at
                            GNRC-Hospital Dibrugarh. All cases treated
                            symptomatically. Source reduction activities
                            undertaken. Health education given.

MH/CND/2019/29/0875 Maharashtra Chandrapur
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            06 cases 01 fatality 13-07-19 19-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Village Bhagat Singh ward,
                            PHC/Block Ballarpur. District RRT investigated
                            the outbreak. 01 serum sample collected and
                            found JE positive at GMC Chandrapur. 6 Blood
                            smears examined and all found negative for
                            Malaria. Entomological survey done CI (6.02), HI
                            (3.31), BI (8.26). All cases treated. Health
                            education given.

MH/CND/2019/29/0876 Maharashtra Chandrapur
                            Japanese
                            Encephalitis

23 cases 01 fatality 17-07-19 20-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Village Navegaon Pandav,
                            PHC Navegaon Pandav, Taluka Nagbhid. District
                            RRT investigated the outbreak. 01 serum sample
                            collected and found JE positive.
                            23 blood smears
                            examined and found negative for malaria.
                            Entomological survey done CI (7.04), HI (2.27),
                            BI (10.67). All cases treated. Health education
                            given

NL/DMR/2019/29/0879 Nagaland Dimapur
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            09 cases 00 17-07-19 17-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Supply colony, Forest
                            colony, Chumu. District RRT investigated the
                            outbreak. All cases treated. Health education
                            given

GJ/KHD/2019/29/0901 Gujarat Kheda
                            Chandipura viral encephalitis
                            01 case 00 16-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Case reported from Village Siholadi, SC Alindra, PHC
                            Alindra, Block Vaso. District RRT investigated the outbreak.
                            Affected case was a 6 year old male presenting with fever,
                            foul smelling vomiting and foul smelling stools and
                            convulsions. 1 Serum sample collected by Shree Krishna
                            Hospital and sent to NIV Pune and found positive for CHPV
                            by PCR. House to house survey done. All cases treated.
                            Health education given. 5% Malathion Dusting done.
                            Cleanliness drive initiated in the area.

MG/RIB/2019/29/0908 Meghalaya RI- Bhoi
                            (Nongpoh)
                            Japanese Encephalitis
                            04 cases 00 01-07-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from CHC/Block Umsning. District RRT
                            investigated the outbreak. All affected had fever and
                            associated change in mental status. 04 CSF collected and sent
                            to NEIGRIHMS and found JE positive. All cases treated.
                            Health education given.

MH/WDH/2019/29/0912 Maharashtra Wardha
                            Japanese
                            Encephalitis

14 cases 02 fatalities 04-07-19 Under
                            Control
                            Cases reported from Village Bhivapur, SC Neri, PHC
                            Talegaon (T) and slum area of Itwara Ward of Block
                            Wardha. District RRT investigated the outbreak. 12 bloods
                            smears samples taken for the evaluation of Malaria all found
                            negative. 12 serum samples collected sent to MGIMS and 02
                            sample positive for JE. Culex and Aedes density was found to
                            be very high. Poor sanitary conditions favored mosquito
                            breeding. Manure pits with intense mosquito breeding was
                            found. Lindane dusting done on the pits. Fogging done. Dry
                            day observed in the area. All cases treated. Health education
                            given.

26th week Follow-up
                            Outbreaks ID 0712 Assam Multiple districts AES 2417 318 25-05-19 Under
                            surveillance
                            Cases of AES reported from various villages of multiple
                            districts of Assam. State and Central level RRT investigated
                            the outbreak. A total of 7776 blood samples were tested for JE
                            of which 609 were tested positive.
                            A total of 2608853 blood
                            smears were examined of which 488 were positive for P
                            Falciparum, 180 for P Vivax and 3 for both. Of all 318 deaths
                            145 were due to Japanese Encephalitis.
                            Extensive vector
                            control measures were taken. Fogging done. Various RRTs
                            constituted. Insecticide treated bed nets distributed.

Comment: Assam has reported 147 JE confirmed deaths from 618 confirmed cases to Aug 20. The data above suggests thousands of additional AES cases which have resulted in another 173 deaths. Only 46% of the encephalitis deaths are confirmed JE.

Comment

• Manipur
                              Ministers spell out steps to tackle JE, drought
                              STAFF REPORTER
                              IMPHAL, 27th Aug: So far, 232 cases of Japanese Encephalitis (JE) have been reported with the death of five persons due to the disease. The government is taking up immediate and long term measures to control the spread of Japanese Encephalitis in the state, stated health and family welfare minister L Jayantakumar in response to a calling attention motion raised by MLAs Kh Joykisan and Surjakumar Okram on the sudden outbreak of Japanese Encephalitis in the state during the concluding day of the 8th session of the 11th Manipur Legislative on Tuesday.
                              Jayantakumar informed the House that 47 Japanese Encephalitis cases were reported in 2016, 195 in 2017, 85 in 2018 and 232 in 2019 with the reported death of 11 people in 2016 and 2017, three in 2018 and five this year. He stated that spot verification, environment evaluation and counselling sessions have been conducted in each district under National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme.

Comment

• Encephalitis Deaths Down By 65% In UP In 2 Years: Yogi Adityanath
                                "Due to sincere efforts of the state government, the death toll has now been reduced by 65 per cent during last two years," Yogi Adityanath said.
                                All India | Press Trust of India | Updated: August 28, 2019 20:37 IST

LUCKNOW: Deaths due to encephalitis in Uttar Pradesh have come down by 65 per cent in the past two years due to sincere efforts by the government, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said on Wednesday.
                                "I started the battle against encephalitis in 1998. At that time there was an acute shortage of resources at Baba Raghav Das (BRD) Medical College in Gorakhpur but today the college has all the facilities.

"Due to sincere efforts of the state government, the death toll has now been reduced by 65 per cent during last two years," the chief minister said at an event.

The Adityanath government had drawn flak over the death of scores of children at the BRD hospital in August 2017, months after it came to power. Gorakhpur, which the chief minister represented for nearly 20 years in Lok Sabha, has been for long the epicentre of Encephalitis outbreak in the state.

According to the state government, more than 5,400 cases of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) and Japanese Encephalitis (JE) were reported in the state in 2017, leading to 748 deaths.

Deaths due to encephalitis in Uttar Pradesh have come down by 65 per cent in the past two years due to sincere efforts by the government, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X