Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Encephalitis 2019; 1,152 fatalities

Link to 2018 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...702-fatalities
    NVBDCP Encephalitis page: https://nvbdcp.gov.in/index1.php?lan...=5773&lid=3693
    National Health Management System Report Page: https://nrhm-mis.nic.in/hmisreports/...d_reports.aspx

Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination In Gorakhpur
    Hindustan team, Gorakhpur
    Last updated: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 09:49 PM
    Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination In Gorakhpur

Japanese encephalitis (je) vaccination campaign started in Gorakhpur from Monday. It was started by Dr. Sreekant Tiwari, CMO, from the Health Center located in Ranidih, Khorbara. Children who have not been diagnosed with Japanese encephalitis, must be vaccinated.

He said that between the months of February 25 to March 8, in the district, about 99 thousand such children were to be protected from JE vaccine, which had missed the regular vaccination. Under this campaign, about 600 health workers (Asha-ANM) will work at the grassroots level and will preserve the children left. In the regular vaccination, nine to twelve months of first vaccine of JE vaccine, while second dose is applied at the age of sixteen to twenty-four months.
    सोमवार से गोरखपुर में जापानी इंसेफेलाइटिस (जेई) टीकाकरण अभियान का शुरू हो गया। इसकी शुरूआत खोराबार के रानीडीहा स्थित स्वास्थ्य केंद्र से सीएमओ डा. श्रीकांत तिवारी ने की। जिन बच्चों को जापानी..., Gorakhpur News Hindustan

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

First sets of figures coming out for 2019 and (surprise, surprise) already a disagreement on numbers coming out of Uttar Pradesh. - Ro

Click image for larger version

Name:	Encephalitis.png
Views:	204
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	809040

The following figures come from an article that is largely favorable to the current UP government and lauds its actions in response to AES outbreaks. The article cites 18 total AES/ JE cases with 8 deaths across 4 districts to February 6. Since the NVBDCP reports shows 137 total cases, this suggests that once again the majority of cases are no longer being referred to BRD, Gorakhpur. Based on figures for 2018, these four districts accounted for about 10% of cases, but 50% of fatalities, possibly due to the referral of serious cases to the major hospitals.The mortality rate being reported by the NVBDCP must surely be questioned as a large undercount. There were allegations in the press last year of pressure on the local clinics not to report AES cases and to code fatal cases as other diseases. - Ro

How Adityanath-Led Uttar Pradesh Government Tamed Deadly Japanese Encephalitis
    by Lavanya Shivashankar

- Mar 10, 2019, 1:01 pm

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	212
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	809041
    It is heartening to note that concrete steps are being taken in the right direction to fully eradicate these diseases in some of the most backward areas in the country.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Kerala
      AES Death: MPM: Abdul Rehman,55,M, D.o.D: 13.3.2019, Cheekkod

http://dhs.kerala.gov.in/pdf2018/drcd_14032019.pdf

Comment

Kerala
        One AES Death reported from MPM: Basil Rahman 11/M DOD 15.3.19, Pallikkal

Comment

Views:	202
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	810554

Comment: Uttar Pradesh reported 8 fatalities to February 6th. Kerala has reported 13 cases of AES/JE with 2 fatalities to April 4th and has also reported a confirmed West Nile Virus death. Why these deaths are not included in the NVBDCP report is anyone's guess. - Ro

Comment

AS/DHU/2019/12/0294 Assam Dhubri AES/JE 05 00 20-03-19 22-03-19 Under
            Surveillance
            Cases reported from Village Ward no-4, Gouripur
            CHC under Dharmasala. District RRT
            investigated the outbreak. The affected area is a
            slum with very poor sanitary conditions and water
            stagnation. Pigs were present in the vicinity of
            houses. 5 nos. of serum sample was collected and
            sent for testing at DPHL, Dhubri. Lab result is
            awaited. All cases treated symptomatically.
            Health education given

Comment

Bihar
              Child death in SKMCH; Four new patients recruitment of AES fever, sparky fever
              Bhaskar News NetworkApr 27, 2019, 08:10 AM IST
              Muzaffarpur News - Health Reporter | As the Muzaffarpur climbs, AES has started the havoc. PICU of SKMCH on Friday ...
              Muzaffarpur News - child death in skmch four new patients recruitment of ais fever sparky fever
              Health Reporter | Muzaffarpur

As the mercury climbs, the AES has started the havoc. Child of AES suspect died in PICU Ward of SKMCHC on Friday. Four more children suffering from other fever, fever and recruitment were recruited. Nandani Kumari, a four year old daughter of Ram Sagar Rai, a resident of Kodariaghat of Civi Patti, was a dead child. She had been suffering from fever for a week. The family members had admitted to SKMCH on Thursday when he was shining. On the other hand, those who were recruited on Friday, eight-year-old daughter Chandni of Shivshankar Mukhiya of Tikuli of Tikuli in Sitamarhi, eight year old son festival in Amravati, Kanchan Jha, 13-month old son of Sharmila Devi of Pusa, Mira Devi of Tikulia in Motihari Satyam of Patasara is included in the five-year-old son Nanki and Bandra. All are recruited in PICU Ward.

Kanchan Jha told that his son's festivities playing on Thursday night suddenly appeared with a high fever, with a bright light. After this he was admitted here. Abhiraj's mother Sharmila Devi told that she had a fever for several days. Kejriwal was in the hospital for five days. On Friday, the SKMCH was referred to the situation. Satyam's mother said that on Friday morning, after a sudden fever, she was shivering. After this he admitted to SKMCH.

Muzaffarpur | For awareness of Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and AES, the awareness will be spread from school to house-to-house through pamphlet. Due to this, due to AES, information about the symptoms, protection will be given. Especially parents will be made aware. On Friday, a meeting was held with the office bearers of all the departments of DHS in Sadar Hospital. In which Mayor Suresh Kumar, District Council President Indira Devi, Civil Surgeon Dr. Shailesh Prasad Singh were present. CS said that all PHHC beds have been prepared. There are also essential medicines, it has also been allocated. Those who have been trained with AKA and ANM, they are busy making conscious people. All treatment points are ready. All the charges have been alerted. Bidi Giri, administrator of Kejriwal Hospital, said that 18 beds were ready to deal with the disease. The Mayor was told that cleanliness, Bleaching powder and fagging will be regularized at the dumping point. In the Sadar Hospital, the charges have been alerted by the AES ward. The meeting was attended by Red Cross Deputy Vice President and District Secretary Uday Shankar Prasad Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Police Hiru Kumari and many doctors.

Kejriwal hospital completes preparations, arrangements for 18 beds
              https://www.bhaskar.com/bihar/muzaff...3-4432143.html

Comment: Muzaffarpur was the location of a large AES outbreak in 2014 (link: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/india/india-emerging-diseases-and-other-health-threats/157079-india-encephalitis-2014-1-808-fatalities ) It was suggested that the outbreak was actually acute encephalopathy caused by a combination of consumption of unripe lychees (litchi) on an empty stomach. (Links: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/india/ronan-kelly-s-workshop/168048-some-encephalitis-links?p=722875#post722875 and https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/india/india-emerging-diseases-and-other-health-threats/157079-india-encephalitis-2014-1-808-fatalities?p=769564#post769564 ) . This outbreak bears watching as it could grow very quickly indeed. - Ro

Death of AES suspected patient
              Hindustan team, Muzaffarpur
              Last updated: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:35 PM
              Death of AES suspected patient

Four years old Nandini Kumari, suspected of AES, died in PICU during Friday treatment. His dead body was handed over to the family. The daughter of Ravi Sagar Rai of Kodariya of Civipatti was dead. He was shifted to PICU from the child ward in critical condition on Thursday.

According to doctors, the child's liver had stopped working. Dr. Gopal Shankar Sahni, who was posted in PICU, said that a blood sample was sent for the investigation. Only after the report comes will be something to say. Here, the father of the deceased told that the daughter's health was bad for many days. For this reason, the recruitment was done in SKMCH. On Thursday the situation was shifted to PICU where there was a death during treatment.
              एईएस की संदिग्ध मरीज चार वर्षीया नंदिनी कुमारी की मौत शुक्रवार इलाज के दौरान पीआईसीयू में हो गई। उसके शव को परिजनों को सौंप दिया गया। मृतका सिवाईपट्टी के कोदरिया की राम सागर राय की पुत्री थी। उसे..., Muzaffarpur News Hindustan

Comment

Bihar
                Recruitment of four children suffering from spleen-fever
                Last updated: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:38 PM
                Recruitment of four children suffering from spleen-fever

Four children suffering from glaucoma and high fever have been admitted to PICU of SKMCH on Friday. Among them, eight-year-old daughter Chandni Kumari of Sivashankar Mukhiya, a resident of Tikuli in Sitamarhi, and eight year old son of Kanchan Jha of Amma resident of Hathori police station, son of Abhayaj Kumar, 13-year-old son of Sharmila Devi of Pusa, and five-year-old son of Mina Devi of Motilhari Nanki Kumar and Satyam Kumar of Patsara of Bandra are included.

Celebration mother Kanchan Jha told that the son was playing on Thursday night. Suddenly there was a high fever and started to flatten. Abhiraj Kumar's mother, Sharmila Devi, told that the son had a fever for many days. He was recruited from Kejriwal Hospital in Juran Chapra for five days from last five days. SKMCH has been referred on Friday after the situation worsened. At the same time, Satyam's mother said that on Friday morning suddenly a fever came and started to flame. Here, the condition of Babul Kumar, who has been recruited for the past two days, is improving.
                चमकी व तेज बुखार से पीड़ित चार बच्चों को शुक्रवार को एसकेएमसीएच के पीआईसीयू में भर्ती कराया गया है। इनमें सीतामढ़ी के टिकौली निवासी शिवशंकर मुखिया की आठ वर्षीया बेटी चांदनी कुमारी, हथौड़ी थाना के अम्मा..., Muzaffarpur News Hindustan

Comment

Bihar - not AES, but keeping a close eye on Muzaffarpur.

Patients suffering from high fever and respiratory illness
                  Last updated: Sun, 28 Apr 2019, 06:31 PM IST

A baby girl died on Saturday night at PICU of SKMCH, during treatment. He was admitted in critical condition in the afternoon. It was a respiratory disease. Priya Kumari, daughter of one of the deceased, was the daughter of Sudhir Kumar of Sahabpur village of Ahiyapur police station. The family told the doctor that for two days, Priya was having difficulty breathing with high fever. After getting treatment with a private doctor, he was admitted to SKMCH. At the same time the doctor told that the child was having trouble breathing with high fever. There was also an infection in his heart. Pathology was investigated. The report is not available right now.
                  एसकेएमसीएच के पीआईसीयू में शनिवार की देर रात एक बच्ची की मौत इलाज के दौररान हो गई। उसे दोपहर में गंभीर हालत में भर्ती कराया गया था। उसे श्वास संबंधी बीमारी..., Muzaffarpur News Hindustan

Comment

Kerala

AES Death MPM: Khadeeja,48/F, D.o.D;27.4.2019, Anakkayam

Two AES cases reported from MPM: (Kondotty, Neduva)

Comment

Kerala
                      AES Death: MPM; Fathima,60/F,D.o.D;12.5.2019, Kavanur

Comment

Views:	217
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	812461

Comment: Bihar has reported 4 cases of AES with 1 fatality to April 27, Uttar Pradesh reported 8 fatalities to February 6th, a number that has likely increased since then. Kerala has reported 26 cases of AES/JE with 3 fatalities to May 13th and has also reported a confirmed West Nile Virus death. Why these deaths are not included in the NVBDCP report is anyone's guess. The death toll should be at least 29, probably more. - Ro

Comment

Of Note Below - 55 cases of AES with 13 fatalities reported by BRD hospital in Gorakhpur this year. Completely at odds with the officially reported 1 death as shown in the NVBDCP report above. - Ro

Electoral Issue: Encephalitis has taken away the ability to speak and hear the pledged land in treatment {Google translated, edited - Ro}
                          Manish Mishra, Gorakhpur
                          Last updated: Thu, 16 May 2019 03:58 PM

Rahul, 17, resident of Amwa village, Pipriich. Speaking, unable to hear Psychically and physically partially Divyaag. Father Ramkitijs and mother Sanla tell their only son in the lap that at the age of six, the life of the laughing Rahul was annihilated by the new disease. Have been treating for the last 11 years. Both run every second or third month from the BRD Medical College to the Lucknow PGI. About 80 thousand rupees are spent every year in the treatment.

Ramakshitij explains that there were about 30 decimals of Pashtani land. The son had to be mortgaged for the treatment expenses. If this amount was spent then the relatives had to borrow from relatives. About three lakh rupees have become debtors of relatives. Now I am striving to pay my family wages.
                          Government help away from the victims: They told that the disease of high fever and jerk stripped the son's ability to hear and speak. The brain and other parts of the body were affected. The BRD doctors referred the PGI. Now the treatment is going on from there. No government assistance was found till date.

This is the newest theory of the S{crub Typhus} Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), which spreads through new theory mice every nine years in Navi-Disease . The cause of encephalitis by scientists is the scrub {typhus}. This is a disease caused by bacteria. This bacteria occurs in the saliva of a particular type of insect. This worm lives in the body of large meadows, rats or squirrels. It is also called a chicker. When this worm bites small children, then bacteria through saliva get into the blood of children. It can also cause death of the patient. ICMR scientists claimed that 60% of AES patients had symptoms of scrub t{yphus}.

Encephalitis from the culex mosquito,
                          for the first time in the late 90's, it was confirmed that sick children are having fluidi {flavi?} virus. This virus was first detected in Japan. Therefore it is also called Japanese encephalitis. The carrier of this virus is a pig or a scalp. This disease is caused by people suffering from {culex} mosquito. This mosquito is found in paddy field. When a mosquito sucks blood of pig or heron then the virus comes into its body. If the mosquito sucks blood of humans, then the virus comes in the body.

Due to {encephalitis}
                          JE vaccination, scientists have developed intra-virus theory when the number of patients is not reduced. At that time it was claimed that 80 percent of encephalitis sufferers are suffering from this virus. According to it, encephalitis is being consumed by contaminated or infected water. It has four types. Polio encephalitis, non polio encephalitis, coxky and eco virus. This virus affects the respiratory system, dietary system and nervous system in the body.

Headache is caused by the disease, the
                          brain fever comes from bacteria called meningococcus. It is also called meninitis. The swelling of the brain and the spinal cord comes. If not treated properly, it proves to be fatal. It is claimed that the bacteria are the main factor in about three percent of encephalitis patients. Along with this, when TB bacteria can affect the brain, it is called tuberclosis meningitis. About two percent of the patients were diagnosed in this. Besides, three percent of herpes, malaria and typhoid are getting sick.

BRD
                          Medical College is one of the largest centers of treatment for patients of encephalitis in one-and-a-half-fold increased beds in two years and Resurveur Purvanchal. Here the government has doubled resources and beds in two years. Bed in Encephalitis Ward of the Department has been increased from 268 to 428. The number of nurses has also doubled. Six teachers and 63 non-PG resident new posts were created. The State Government started the 37-bed high Dependency Unit in Encephalitis Ward. For medical treatment in the village, mini ICUs of three-three beds were made in the CHC. Five beds were raised in the Pediatric ICU in the district hospital. Modern ventilators were installed in all.

Number of recruitment patients and deaths in BRD
                          year recruitment death
                          1978 274 58
                          1979 109 26
                          1980 280 66
                          2005 3532 937
                          2006 1940 431
                          2007 2423 516
                          2012 2517 527
                          2013 2110 619
                          2014 2208 616
                          2017 2247 511
                          2018 1047 166
                          2019 (this time) 55 13
                          (Note: Figures are from the Department of Pediatrics of BRD Medical College)

These districts are affected
                          Gorakhpur, Kushinagar, Maharajganj, Deoria, Basti, Santakbir Nagar, Siddharthanagar, Gonda, Azamgarh, Balrampur, Mau, Ballia, Ghazipur, Shravasti, Faizabad, Ambedkar Nagar, Shahjahanpur Bihar and Nepal

पिपराइच के अमवा गांव निवासी 17 वर्ष का राहुल। बोलने, सुनने में असमर्थ। मानसिक व शारीरिक रूप से भी आंशिक दिव्यांग। पिता रामक्षितिज और मां सनला अपने इकलौते पुत्र को गोद में लिए बताते हैं कि छह वर्ष की..., Gorakhpur News Hindustan

Comment

Assam: Japanese Encephalitis claims two in Dibrugarh
                            20 detected with Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and are undergoing treatment
                            Avik Chakraborty AVIK CHAKRABORTY DIBRUGARH , May 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Japanese Encephalitis (JE) has claimed two persons so far this year in Dibrugarh district.

With the advent of the rainy season, the possible outbreak of Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and other vector-borne diseases has been a cause of concern for the health department in Dibrugarh district.

Speaking to Northeast Now, joint director of health services, Dibrugarh, Udayan Kumar Baruah said that out of three conformed cases of JE, two persons died to the deadly disease.

He said another 20 persons have been detected with Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) and they are undergoing treatment.
                            Japanese Encephalitis (JE) has claimed two persons so far this year in Dibrugarh while 20 other persons have been detected with Acute Encephalitis Syndrome.

Comment

AS/BON/2019/17/0417 Assam Darrang
                              (Mangaldoi)
                              Japanese
                              Encephalitis 01 case 01 fatality 22-04-19 28-04-19 Under
                              Surveillance
                              Cases reported from Village Maharipara, SC
                              Duni, PHC/Block Patharighat. District RRT
                              investigated the outbreak. House to house survey
                              done. 01 csf sample collected and sent to GMCH,
                              Guwahati was positive for JE (IgM ELISA). On
                              death occurred in male child. Socio economic
                              condition was poor and at the vicinity paddy
                              fields were located. Health education given
                              regarding personal protection measures.

Comment

Working...
                              X