X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India: 116 deaths linked to methanol poisoning from tainted batch of liquor

Death toll in UP hooch tragedy climbs to 104
    By Tehelka Web Desk - February 10, 201913

The death toll in Uttar Pradesh hooch tragedy has climbed to 104, on Sunday, officials said.

According to the sources, the victims had attended a funeral in neighbouring Balupur, Haridwar, and had consumed liquor there. They fell ill thereafter.

The death toll in Saharanpur district rose to 54, whereas 32 deaths were reported from Haridwar.

Raids have been conducted in various parts of the state and a large quantity of illicit liquor was seized
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

UP hooch tragedy: At least 116 dead in Saharanpur, Kushinagar and Haridwar, Mayawati demands CBI probe
    By: FE Online | Updated:Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

UP hooch tragedy: The Uttar Pradesh govenrment led by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced a probe by a special investigation team into the deaths due to consumption of spurious liquor in the state. An official spokesperson said that the SIT has been constituted to make an in-depth inquiry into the tragedy that struck Saharanpur and Kushinagar districts. The five-member SIT was constituted on the directions of CM Yogi Adityanath.

BSP chief Mayawati said till the CBI probe was complete, excise ministers of both the states should step down. Mayawati said bootleggers who are running a parallel administration right under the nose of the authorities and selling spurious liquor.
    Hooch tragedy in UP: BSP chief Mayawati said till the CBI probe was complete, excise ministers of both the states should step down. Mayawati said bootleggers who are running a parallel administration right under the nose of the authorities and selling spurious liquor.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X