• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever 2018 -20

Link to 2017 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ever-cchf-2017

Rajkot woman suspected to be infected with Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever
    TNN | Updated: Mar 31, 2018, 12:29 IST

RAJKOT: A 45-year-old woman suspected of suffering from Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF), commonly known as Congo fever, was shifted to isolation ward in Rajkot Civil Hospital on Friday. Her blood samples are sent to the National Institute of Virology (NIV), Pune, for testing. The report is expected in the next five days.
    According to civil hospital sources, the woman belongs to Khijadia village in Rajkot district. Rajkot?s chief district health officer (CDHO) Dr Mitesh Bhanderi said, ?She was suffering from fever and had red spots on her skin. Our PHC (primary health centre) team visited her house and referred her to civil hospital, where she was admitted to the dermatology department since last 12 days. The doctors suspecting infection of CCHF virus took advice from medicine department and have shifted her to isolation ward.? The woman?s condition is stated to be stable.

Rajkot: Young man's death in Sukhpal, civilian suspect of Congo Fever

April 16, 2018 at 11:18 am

After being admitted to Rajkot Civil, suspected to be a Congo Fever of the small weavers of Gondal taluka, the young man has been rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke in the hospital.
    According to information received from the police about the incident, the weavers named Bhupatbhai Jagabhai Makwana, 35, who worked as farmer in Gondal taluka, were shifted to Gondal's private hospital last week.
    On Saturday, the youth who reported that the young man being a Congress fever was admitted to Rajkot Civil Hospital for further treatment, Bhupatbhai's report was filed at Swinefle's Ward at the time of the report and before the report of the youngest being a Congressman, it was only today morning that the youth was stunned at the hospital. Went wide. Further, it is learned that the deceased Bhupat Makwana has been found to have a son and a daughter in the offspring

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

NEWS / CITY NEWS / JAIPUR NEWS
    Animals test positive for Congo fever antibodies

Syed Intishab Ali | TNN | Updated: May 8, 2018, 06:56 IST
    ?Since cattle such as sheep, goats and also bovines in the state tested positive for CCHF antibodies. Cases of CCHF have not been reported much in the state. Last case that was reported from Jodhpur was three years ago. But, NIV had conducted a serosurvey of animals and in which they found antibodies of CCHF, which is why, the NIV officials have reached Jaipur to conduct a workshop of doctors covering different aspect of CCHF. In CCHF, there is high risk of death,? said Dr Bharti Malhotra, senior professor (microbiology), Sawai Man Singh medical college.

In 2015, a patient with Congo fever was admitted to a private hospital, in the same hospital, some nurses also fell ill with the same symptoms. In Congo fever, there are high chances of its nosocomial spread.
    JAIPUR: The state is vulnerable to Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever (CCHF), commonly known as Congo fever, as blood samples drawn from animals in the .
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Gujarat (google translated)

Death of a young man from Cogh Fever in Gujarat, panic in Amarali district

Publish Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 12:47 PM (IST)

The doctors took necessary samples and sent them to the laboratory of Pune for investigation.
      Ahmedabad. In the Amarli district of Gujarat, once again Cogs Fever has knocked. The death of the 28-year-old man from this disease caused a stir in the administration. Five years ago in the city of Amarli, which means that 9 people were killed due to Cog Fever in 2013. Once again, there is a panic in the people due to the death of a young man from Cogh Fever in the district.

According to the information, Vishal Jhaparia (28) resident of Kidi village of Babra tehsil was admitted to Sir-T Hospital in Bhavnagar on August 29 after coming to Bhukhar. Where he died on September 1, during treatment. On the basis of doubt that the death of the youth was due to Cog Fever, the doctors took necessary samples and sent it to the laboratory of Pune for investigation.
      डाक्टरों ने आवश्यक नमूने लेकर उसे जांच के लिए पूणे की लेबोरेटरी में भेजा था।

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Week 36 IDSP report: http://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/362018.pdf

GJ/ARL/36/1229 Gujarat Amreli CCHF 01 case 01 fatality
        30-08-18 04-09-18 Under Surveillance
        Cases reported from Village Kidi, SC / PHC
        Khambhala, Block Babara. District RRT
        investigated the outbreak. House to house
        survey done. Serum sample of the affected was
        taken and sent to NIV Pune and tested positive
        for CCHF. District RRT and Block RRT
        visited the affected area and active case search
        was done in the affected area to find out new
        cases & tick density. Tick control activities
        undertaken.

Comment

Kerala

One CCH fever case reported from MPM: (Maranchery, Admitted in JMMC Hospital TSR)
          http://dhs.kerala.gov.in/pdf2018/drcd_01122018.pdf

Comment

Week 46 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/462018.pdf

KL/TRC/2018/46/1475 Kerala Thrissur CCHF 01 00 13-11-18 01-12-18 Under
            Control
            A 31yr old male native of Mallapurum working
            as butcher in Abu Dhabi, UAE returned to
            Cochin on 29th November 2018. On his journey
            he presented symptoms with headache and was
            admitted in Private Hospital in Cochin. District
            RRT investigated the outbreak.
             On 15th November 2018 the case was
            admitted in a hospital in Abu Dhabi,
            UAE with symptoms of high grade
            fever, headache, body pain, myalgia
            and vomiting.
             Blood sample was positive for CCHF
            (by PCR).
             He was treated in a hospital at Abu
            Dhabi, UAE. On 25th November 2018,
            the blood sample was negative for
            CCHF and was discharged from the
            hospital.
             3 more cases were reported from the
            affected area and were treated in
            locally in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
            Active search of cases done and contacts were
            traced. 2 blood samples were collected and sent
            to MCVR, Manipal were negative for CCHF.
            Infection control measures were undertaken in
            the hospital. No new cases were reported.
            Health education given.

Comment

GJ/BVN/2019/12/0304 Gujarat Bhavnagar CCHF 01 01 11-03-19 Under
              Surveillance
              Cases reported from Village/SC Dharwala, PHC Ranghola,
              Block Umrala. District RRT investigated the outbreak. House
              to house survey done. 10 Serum samples taken sent to NIV
              Pune, 01 positive for CCHF. 28 Animal samples collected
              sent to NIV Pune, result awaited. 25 Tick sample taken and
              sent NIV Pune. MC RRT & DRRT visited affected area. All
              houses in the area were sprayed with insecticide and 133
              animals were treated with insecticide spraying and treatment.
              Patient had history of tick bite 22 days prior to onset of illness
              and was also suffering from lung and kidney disease. He was
              farmer and had exposure to cattle and other animals
              https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l8...1556005847.pdf

GJ/BVN/2019/12/0304 Gujrat Bhavnagar CCHF 01 00 26-03-19 Under
              Surveillance
              A Shepard by occupation presented symptoms with fever,
              headache, myalgia from Village Reva, SC Dharuka, PHC
              Ranghola, Block Umrala. District RRT investigated the
              outbreak. Active search of cases done. The index case blood
              sample was sent to NIV, Pune and was positive for CCHF (Ig
              M ELISA). Out of 30 human close contacts samples were
              collected and sent to NIV, Pune; 1 sample of lab technician
              was positive for CCHF (IgG ELISA). 40 animal, 37 tick
              samples were collected and sent to NIV Pune; result awaited.
              Contacts were traced and were monitored. All cases treated
              symptomatically. Anti-tick measures were carried out.
              Malathion and Lime dusting done in affected areas. Health
              education given.

Comment

GJ/BVN/2019/21/0541 Gujarat Botal CCHF 01 case 01 fatality 17-05-19 23-05-19 Under Surveillance
                A suspected case of CCHF was admitted at Sir
                Takhtsingh General Hospital reported from
                Village/SC Ningala, PHC Khopala, Block
                Gadhada. The case presented symptoms of fever
                with rigor, body ache and headache since 08th May
                2019. Serum samples collected and tested at NIV,
                Pune was positive for Crimean Congo
                Hemorrhagic Fever on 17th May 2019. The case
                expired on 18th May 2019. District RRT visited &
                investigated outbreak. Active search of cases done.
                Lime dusting done in village. IEC regarding CCHF
                done. Health education given

Comment

Elderly Woman Succumbs to Congo Fever at Ahmedabad Hospital; Surendranagar District Put on Alert
                  According to AMC officials, the woman, a resident of Surendranagar town, was referred to SVP hospital in Ahmedabad on August 20, following which doctors sent her blood samples for laboratory tests. However, she died the same night.
                  Vijaysinh Parmar | News18Updated:August 26, 2019, 8:32 PM IST

Ahmedabad: Blood samples of a 75-year-old woman, who had died on August 20 in the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC)-run SVP Hospital, have tested positive for the deadly Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) virus, commonly known as Congo fever, on August 24.

Another patient, aged 25, with suspected Congo fever virus was admitted in the hospital on August 25. His samples have been sent to NIV, Pune, for laboratory tests and reports are awaited.

Comment

Congo fever claims one more life in Gujarat, toll up to 3
                    SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT AHMEDABAD, AUGUST 29, 2019 01:09 IST
                    UPDATED: AUGUST 29, 2019 01:09 IST

Nine persons including two doctors are suspected to have been infected with the disease
                    The deadly Congo fever has claimed another life in Gujarat as one more woman died due to infection of Crimean-Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) in a government-run hospital, taking the toll to three.

Besides three deaths, as many as nine persons including two doctors are suspected to have been infected with the disease, whose spread the State government is trying to contain.

On Wednesday, Amuben (25), a resident of Kamlej village in Bhavnagar, died in Sir T Hospital. She was admitted to the hospital with fever on August 22. Her blood report from the National Institute of Virology in Pune confirmed it to be a case of Congo fever.

Comment - This is actually the 4th fatal case in Gujarat this year. See posts 7-9 above. - Ro

Comment

30 suspected cases of Congo fever reported in Gujarat
                      The administration which is on high alert is taking no chances with any person exhibiting the symptoms of CCHF

WRITTEN BY

dna Correspondent

SOURCE
                      DNA
                      Updated: Aug 31, 2019, 06:15 AM IST

It seems the deadly Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) has started to spread its tentacles in the state with hospitals in several districts registering suspected cases of the disease. So far, 30 suspected cases of CCHF have been reported in state.

The administration which is on high alert is taking no chances with any person exhibiting the symptoms of CCHF, especially considering the fact that the highly-infectious disease has a high mortality rate of 40 per cent.

According to the health department's deputy director (epidemic) Dinkar Raval, there are six confirmed cases of CCHF in the state and out of them, three have already died, whereas the remaining are availing treatment at isolation wards in state-run hospitals. Raval, however, did not clarify the number of suspected CCHF cases in the state.
                      The administration which is on high alert is taking no chances with any person exhibiting the symptoms of CCHF

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	233
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	817311

Comment

4 more positive case of Congo fever in Gujarat
                          By Dhrumit Thakkar - September 4, 2019 16 0
                          SHARE Facebook Twitter

(G.N.S) Dt. 4 Jamnagar According to Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation officials sources, two of the patients who were under treatment at at SVP are form Halvad and one is from Rajasthan. All of them, including Jamnagar? Dr Jagruti Parmar (27), were confirmed CCHF positive by the National Institute of Virology. The total number of CCHF patients in Gujarat has reached to eight, according to a Gujarat health department official. Also, three

Comment

Gujarat: Congo fever toll now five
                            The latest victim was a 20-year-old man, Sanod Gaud, from the Halvad taluka of the Morbi district. She was undergoing treatment at the SVP Hospital.
                            By Express News Service |
                            Ahmedabad |
                            Updated: September 7, 2019 9:18:58 am

The Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) Friday claimed its fifth victim in a span of less than three weeks in the state.

The latest victim was a 20-year-old man, Sanod Gaud, from the Halvad taluka of the Morbi district. She was undergoing treatment at the SVP Hospital.

As per the state?s health department, 61 samples have been sent to the National Institute of Virology (NIV) since August 20 to test for CCHF. Of these, nine samples have tested positive.

Comment

Child killed in Congo fever at Khambhat / Lake Pond

Divyabhaskar.ComSep 09, 2019, 08:21 AM IST
                              Khambhatah district Khambhat taluka hospital, died on Saturday morning in the village talatalava 8-year-old boy suspected Congo Fever tribe. The health department and the Department of Animal Husbandry were evacuated to the village to prevent the Congo fever from being reported to the Anand district administration. He carried out survey surveys and took samples of sick persons and sent them for testing.

A child died Saturday at a hospital in Vadodara tribe killed
                              Khambhat, Gujarat (Rajawadi lived in the village talatalava 8) of vadodara tribe was killed on Saturday in a government hospital. However, he had been undergoing treatment at a private hospital for fever for the last 10 days. But on Friday, he was admitted to Gotri Government Hospital in Vadodara due to his medical condition. Where all the reports, including dengue, were made by doctors. All reports were negative. Platelet counts were also lower than normal for the baby. So doctors expressed the possibility of Congo. His blood sample was sent to the Poona Laboratory. He died late at night during treatment.
                              Ghirubhai Chauhan of Lake Pond village had 2 sons. In which the younger son Narendra was ill for 10 days. He was treated in a private hospital. Suspected Congo fever child has died.

The health department team
                              conducted a survey of 13 members of the family of the suspected Congo fever surveyed in the village and samples were taken. In which 3 persons had common fever. The rest of the report was negative. The village has also been surveyed from house to house and distributed necessary medicines. As well as information about Congo Fever, a large number of symbols will be distributed. -Do. RB Patel, Health Officer Anand

To prevent the spread of the disease, the vaccine of 450 cattle of the village by the herdsmen is spread by
                              Congo fever cattle. If a bite of an animal is followed by a bite of a human, then the disease enters the human body. This is an infectious disease. First, about 450 animals from the village were vaccinated to prevent the spread of disease from the animals. As well as those connected with the profession of livestock, personal protection should be used if contact with ill cattle or death occurs. Do not drink raw milk of sick animals without boiling. The Animal Husbandry Department was asked to report if the animals were ill. > Dr. Snehal.J Patel, Deputy Animal Husbandry Director Anand

Symptoms of Congo Fever If a
                              person suffering from Congo fever has symptoms such as high fever, body aches, red sores on the body, joint pains, vomiting, diarrhea, etc., then appropriate doctor should be treated. The prevalence of abortion is especially high in the countryside. Acaricide medications should be sprayed to eliminate it.
                              તળાતળાવ ગામે આરોગ્ય અને પશુચિકિત્સકની ટીમો કામે લાગી,ઇતરડીથી ફેલાતા રોગને અટકાવવા ઘેરઘેર તપાસ હાથ ધરાઈ,10 દિવસથી બીમાર બાળકના તમામ રિપોર્ટ નેગેટિવ આવ્યા,લોહીના નમૂના પૂના લેબોરેટીમાં મોકલ્યા, સારવાર દરમિયાન મોત | 8 year old child died due to congo fever in village of khambhat

Comment

Working...
                              X