Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kerala infectious disease & unidentified fever 2018; 534 fatalities; Nipah Virus outbreak in May - 21 fatalities from 23 cases.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumonia Death MPM:Navaneeth,4.5/M, D.o.D: 21.9.18, vazhikkadavu,

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Fever Death MPM: Khalid 32/M DOD 24.9.18,Elamkulam
      Sus Lepto Death PKD: Devi 61/F DOD 23.9.18, Puthunagaram
      Con Lepto Death KLM: Vinu 29/M DOD 21.9.18, Thrikkadavur
      Con Lepto Death PTA:Prakash 45/M DOD 22.9.18, Niranam
      H1N1 Death KKD: Zinan 5/M DOD 22.9.18, Perumanna
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Fever Death PKD: Radhifa 16/F DOD 24.9.18,Thrithala
        H1N1 Death KKD:Shaju 36/M DOD 20.9.18, Chelannur
        Pneumonia Death MPM:
        1.Shameema, 21/F, Tanur, Date of death-25.09.18,
        2.Janaki, 73/F, Valanchery, Date of death 25.09.2018,

Comment

• Chicken Pox Death: ALP: Joy,61/M, D.o.D:25.9.18, ALP Municipality

Comment

• Fever Death:
            TSR: Sini,33/F, D.o.D:27.9.18, Trikkur
            Susp. Lepto Death:
            MPM: Sarojini,38/F, D.o.D:27.9.18, Manjeri
            Conf. H1N1 Death:
            TVM: Thomas, 82/M, D.o.D:17.9.2018, Thampanur
            Pneumonia Death:
            MPM: Archana,44/F, D.o.D:27.9.18, Neduva

Comment

• Fever Deaths: MPM: Chathan,50/M, D.o.D:027.9.18, Thazhekkode
              KKD: Mujeeb Rehman,28/M, D.o.D:28.9.2018, Meppayur

Comment

• Published Date: 2018-09-30 23:11:12
                Subject: PRO/SOAS> Undiagnosed death - India: (Kerala) RFI
                Archive Number: 20180930.6062059
                UNDIAGNOSED DEATH - INDIA: (KERALA) REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
                A ProMED-mail post
                http://www.promedmail.org
                ProMED-mail is a program of the
                International Society for Infectious Diseases
                http://www.isid.org

Date: Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:53 PM IST
                Source: The Hindu [edited]

In the wake of rumours in the social media attributing the death of a person at a private hospital at Perambra to Nipah infection, the Health Department has clarified that lab results of the deceased are yet to be made available. Sources said the native of Meppayur died of fever recently.

After his family suspected a chance of Nipah infection, his body fluid samples, along with that of his wife and 2 children in the neighbourhood, were sent to the Manipal Academy of Virus Research. The results are expected by [Mon 1 Oct 2018].

The woman had complained of migraine. The children had fever one week ago and were under treatment.

All 3 are under observation at the Government Medical College Hospital, Kozhikode. District Medical Officer V. Jayasree refuted rumours in the social media and said that there was no cause for concern.

Meanwhile, Health Department staff visited houses in the village to examine whether there are more fever cases.

--
                Communicated by:
                ProMED-SoAs from HealthMap Alerts

[Meppayur is an important place and town in Kozhikode district of Kerala state, South India (https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=u...=107457_120717).

Until the laboratory test results are available, the cause of the death of the deceased and the illness affecting the 2 of his family members cannot certainly be known. We hope the concerned authority will test the samples already collected for the presence of Nipah virus in order to nullify the growing rumor of Nipah virus infection with valid evidence. ProMED-SoAs would appreciate receiving information from any knowledgeable sources in the area on the laboratory test results of the samples collected from the 3 affected family members.

Comment

• Fever Death TVM: Vanaja 68/F DOD 30.9.18, Vatiyyorkavu

In response to the ProMED RFI;
                  ?Death due to H1N1, not Nipah?
                  STAFF REPORTER KOZHIKODE, OCTOBER 01, 2018 00:00 IST
                  UPDATED: OCTOBER 01, 2018 04:02 IST

Lab results have confirmed that the death of a Meppayyur resident recently was not due to Nipah infection, but due to H1N1 (Influenza) infection.

District Medical Officer V. Jayasree said here on Sunday that the dead man?s wife, now under observation at Government Medical College Hospital, Kozhikode, too had tested positive for the respiratory infection. The body fluid samples of the deceased, his wife, and two children in the neighbourhood were sent to the Manipal Academy of Virus Research after family members and others raised doubts about possible Nipah infection. Social media too had been rife with rumours that there had been another Nipah death in Kozhikode district. Dr. Jayasree warned of action against those who spread rumours.

Comment

• Fever Death TVM: Sreelita 6/F DOD 4.10.2018, Karamana.
                    Sus Dengue Death MPM : Mani 48/M DOD 4.10.2018,Kannamangalam
                    ADD Death MPM: Hisana 25/F DOD 3.10.18,Nediyirip
                    H1N1 Death KNR: Sarada,57/f, d.O.d: 5.10.18, Peruva,

Fever Death: IDK: Sajan Mathew,53/M, D.o.D:6.10.18, Kodikulam
                    Sus. Meningitis Death: MPM: Bishroon Hafi,6m,M, D.o.D:2.10.18, Edayur

Comment

• Conf. Lepto Death: TVM: Vijayammu 32/M 7.10.2018, Chakkai
                      Susp. Hep A Death: MPM: Khadeeja,60/F, D.o.D:6.10.18, Kalikavu

Conf. H1N1 Deaths(2): EKM: Alan K. Paul, 6/M, D.o.D:8.10.18, Angamali
                      MPM: Hawwah misha,1.5/F, D.o.D:4.10.18, Malappuram

Comment

• H1N1 Death MPM: Muhammed,55/M, D.o.D:10.10.2018, Palappetty

Comment

• Fever Deaths:2
                          TVM: Sarojini 70/F DOD 11.10.18, Kottukal
                          KKD:Baby Settu 29/M DOD 10.10.18, JPP Colouny, Vellimadukunnu

Sus Lepto Death:
                          MPM:Omanakumarai 60/F DOD 12.10.18,Majeri

Sus Gullainbari Syndrome Death:
                          MPM: Shibila Sherin 13/F DOD 11.10.18,Vattamkulam

Comment

• Sus Lepto Death ALP : Sahadevan 64/M DOD 13.10.18, Muhamma

Comment

• Fever Death KLM: Radha 52/F DOD 14.10.2018,Madathara
                              Sus Lepto Death MPM: Vasu 52/M DOD 12.10.2018,Pang,
                              Food poisoning Death MPM: Kunjava 65/M DOD 13.10.18, Kootayi

Sus Lepto Death PKD: Chandran 62/M DOD 15.10.18,Elapulli

Comment

• Lepto Death IDK: Biju mon 17/M DOD 16.10.2018,Elapara
                                Fever Death KLM: Amina 23/F DOD 14.10.2018,Paripalli
                                Pneumonia Death MPM: Sulaikha 16/F DOD 17.10.18, Vazhakkad
                                TB Death MPM: Ummisalma 24/F DOD 17.10.18, Kalpakamchery

Comment

Working...
                                X