• Show
Clear All

Uttar Pradesh
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	53
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	775082
    उसके दो बेटे व एक बेटी है, संपत्ति को हथियाने के लिए उसके बेटे-बहु एवं उसकी बेटी उसे आए दिन प्रताडि़त करते। पुलिस ने भी हाथ खड़े कर दिए तो मरने की सोची... | Jaipur News | undefined News | Patrika News

Uttar Pradesh has seen 112 cases with 36 fatalities so far this year. For comparison's sake
    Year Cases Fatalities
    2016 192 41 to April 30
    2015 197 39 to April 30

The figures quoted above are from the NVBDCP monthly reports and are available on FluTrackers in the Encephalitis thread for that year. The figures for 2016 and 2015 being quoted in the Patrika are incorrect. The numbers of Encephalitis cases being reported from Uttar Pradesh this year is not unusual. - Ro
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

True to pre-poll promise, UP govt led by Yogi Adityanath focuses on encephalitis
      The Yogi Adityanath government is reviving facilities to contain Encephalitis that has killed 50,000 kids in eastern UP in past 30 years.

INDIA Updated: Apr 27, 2017 07:16 IST
      Rajesh Kumar Singh
      Hindustan Times, Lucknow
      According to the department?s data, 128 patients have already been admitted to the Baba Raghav Das Medical College and Hospital, of which 40 have died.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 60 months Female Alive April 29, 2017
        Time : 10:34 am
        City : Bijnor
        Distt. : BIJNOUR
        State : UTTAR PRADESH
        Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 120 months Female Alive April 27, 2017
        Time : 1:28 pm
        City : jalore
        Distt. : JALLORE
        State : RAJASTHAN

Comment

Name:	Encephalitis.png
Views:	55
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	775769

Note that in this thread we have also reports of a confirmed fatal case of Encephalitis from Punjab and a fatal suspected case from Tamil Nadu. - Ro

Comment

Encephalitis knocks again in Bihar, more than 300 children die in 6 years

Praveen Thakur | ETV Bihar / Jharkhand
            Updated: May 7, 2017, 12:32 PM IST
            Every year, in the summer season, in Uttar Pradesh, including Muzaffarpur, in the nearby districts, the AES, which has wreaked havoc on the innocent, has once again knocked on the Encephalitis. So far, AES has been confirmed in six children, out of which two children have died.

The death of AES, ie acute encephalitis syndrome, is also starting this year. This year Muzaffarpur, Vaishali and Sitamarhi districts have been affected by AES, knocked out in the first week of April. Two children of Sitamarhi and Vaishali districts have died. At present a child is admitted to SKMCH. The pleasant thing is that three sick children have returned home after being healthy.

Death figures

According to official statistics, 24 of the 59 patients died in 2010. In 2011, out of 121 patients, 45 died. Of the 336 children killed in 2012, 120 died in 2012, 39 out of 124 deaths in 2013, 86 out of 342 deaths in 2014,

The year 2016 has been a bit relieved. Four of the 30 patients died this year. These figures are from Muzaffarpur district only, while children in Eastern Champaran, Sitamarhi, Shivar, Vaishali, Western Champaran and Samastipur districts have been facing ailments. Experts have not got success so far in every effort that has been made in the last six years to detect the knocking disease in 1995. Due to

high alert,

the causes of AES have not yet been ascertained, but the State Health Committee has issued strict instructions in this regard. Civil surgeon of Muzaffarpur, Dr. Lalita Singh said that all PHCs and additional PhCs have been alerted to prevent the disease. AES ward of eight beds has been prepared at Sadar Hospital, whereas two PICU wards in SKMCH have been prepared for AES. Along with physicians for treatment of AES 24-hour round the clock, ANM has been deployed at SKMCH and Sadar Hospital.

From Pune to Atlanta, the samples have been sent in the

last five years from New Delhi, Pune to Atlanta to detect the causes of the sample, but the actual causes of the disease have not been ascertained. Under the SOP made by the team, treatment with fixed protocol is to be done. So far, the experience shows that as soon as the sick children are reaching the hospital, the more hope of survival increases. Samples have been dispatched from Pune to Atlanta in the last five years but the actual causes of the disease have not been ascertained. In such cases, the protocols under the SOP created by the team of doctors of experts have to be treated with fixed protocol. So far, the experience shows that as soon as the sick children are reaching the hospital, the more hope of survival increases. Samples have been dispatched from Pune to Atlanta in the last five years but the actual causes of the disease have not been ascertained. In such cases, the protocols under the SOP created by the team of doctors of experts have to be treated with fixed protocol. So far, the experience shows that as soon as the sick children are reaching the hospital, the more hope of survival increases.

Comment

Assam
              State govt denies proposal for adult vaccination for JE in Kamrup (M)

Posted On :: Saturday 13th May 2017

By: Juthika Baruah
              The season of Japanese Encephalitis (JE) has not yet started but the city has already witnessed one death from the disease due to the lackadaisical monitoring by the Guwahati Municipal Corporation even as the measures which mandatorily need to be taken in order to keep the city free of mosquitoes have not been taken by the concerned department.

One Rupa Devi (49) from Madhabdev Path (erstwhile VIP Road) died of Japanese Encephalitis. ?This year one case of JE has been reported from Kamrup (M). The virus comes from infected mosquitoes and therefore the government has started the immunization process for children. We have sent a proposal to the government to start the vaccination for adults as well but the government has denied the proposal for Kamrup (M) while it has been started in some of the districts in the state,? said Epidemiologist of Kamrup (M) under Joint Directorate of Health Services, Dr. PC Hazarika while speaking to G Plus.
              33 cases of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) have been detected till 6th May out of which one case is of JE. AES is the syndrome which affects the brain and it can be due to JE, Dengue, Malaria or other disease which damage the brain.
              Guwahati News, Assam: Read all the latest Guwahati News, Guwahati News Headlines, Exclusive News, Entertainment, Buzz Editorials, Opinions from leading columnists & Live Updates on local Guwahati News. Guwahati Plus brings the fact-checked latest news headlines from all over India.

Comment

Assam
                Early warning system to combat Japanese Encephalitis outbreak

TNN | Updated: May 17, 2017, 01.16 PM IST

GUWAHATI: A Japanese Encephalitis warning system, developed by scientist at the Regional Medical Research Centre in Dibrugarh, but lying dormant, is expected to be revived as part of a slew of measures to combat the disease in Assam.
                A 'determined' state health department on Tuesday said it will go ahead with the preventive system through widespread campaigns and enhance efforts and resources to combat the scourge in vulnerable pockets of the state, especially in the backdrop of a rumour that JE vaccination causes infertility among students. On Monday, many schools in minority-dominated lower Assam were forced to shut down because of the rumours that had started circulating from Saturday.
                The warning system was developed in collaboration with the North East Space Application Research Centre (NESAC). The early warning system could help save hundreds of lives by detecting the intensity of the outbreak and the rate of occurrence in vulnerable areas.
                The warning system incorporates Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS), JE data from previous years along with meteorological data.

Comment

Assam
                  26 Dead in AES and JE in Assam This Year

May 16 2017 22:01

👤by Northeast Today

Twenty six people have lost their lives in Japanese Encephalitis (JE) and Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) across Assam in this year.

Addressing a press conference on Tuesday, the principal secretary in the Health and Family Welfare Department Principal Samir Kumar Sinha said 252 cases of AES and 39 instances of JE have been reported so far in 2017 in Assam. Of them 17 people have died in AES and nine lost their lives in JE, he said adding the worst affected districts are Jorhat and Sivasagar.

Comment

http://idsurv.org/display-data.php
                    Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 36 months Female Alive May 16, 2017
                    Time : 12:19 pm
                    City : jaislmer
                    Distt. : JAISALMER

Comment

Coffer for UP's mineral-rich regions

TNN | Updated: May 23, 2017, 11.07 AM IST
                      ODF villages: The chief minister on Monday set deadline for making UP open defecation-free (ODF) state by October 2018. He claimed the state government would ensure 1,685 villages in 30 districts are ODF by the end of year. He said a vaccination drive to check spread of Japanese encephalitis (JE) would be carried out in 38 affected districts between May 25 and June 10. Yogi said the government would also focus on checking acute encephalitis syndrome by maintaining cleanliness.
                      The state government will create a dedicated coffer for mineral rich districts in UP. Proposed to be named 'District Mineral Fund' (DMF), the coffer w

Children will feel Jee's criticism
                      Sant Kabir NagarUpdated Mon, 22 May 2017 10:59 PM IST

Vaccination campaign will be run to protect the purvanchal from encephalitis. For this, every district has been set. Encephalitis vaccine will be applied to 1,04,447 of the children from one to 15 years of Santacirinagar district. The campaign in the district will begin on May 25 and will run till June 5. In the course of the campaign, health workers will complete the vaccination target by going from house to house. Simultaneously, vaccination work will also be done on CHC.

Various methods are being adopted to protect the purvanchal from encephalitis. Under this, cleanliness campaign is being started in village-village. Drugs etc. are being sprayed in the drains. Asha, ANM and Anganwadi workers have been trained for the cause. Under this, health workers will go to house-to-vaccination. State Chairperson of Family Welfare, AP Chaturvedi, while prescribing the goal of the district, has said that such children of one to 15 years who have previously been deprived of JE vaccination should be covered with vaccination by running a special campaign. The full report of this will be sent to the Directorate General.
                      पूर्वांचल को इंसेफेलाइटिस से बचाने के लिए टीकाकरण अभियान चलेगा। इसके लिए हर जिले का लक्ष्य निर्धारित किया गया है।  

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 120 months Female Alive May 22, 2017
                        Time : 5:18 pm
                        City : jodhpur
                        Distt. : JODHPUR
                        Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 160 months Female Alive May 22, 2017
                        Time : 5:00 pm
                        City : jodhpur
                        Distt. : JODHPUR

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 84 months Male Alive May 27, 2017
                          Time : 11:40 am
                          City : BIJNOR
                          Distt. : BIJNOUR
                          State : UTTAR PRADESH

Comment

Bihar

June 3, 2017 Muzaffarpur,
                            4 children die due to convulsion and fever at SKMCH
                            Dr K K Kaushik

Muzaffarpur : Four children, who were admitted to Paediatric ICU of Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH), Muzaffarpur, after bouts of convulsion and fever, died on June 2, 2017. While three children died during day hours on June 2, one died in the same night during treatment.

Confirming their death, Head of Paediatric department, SKMCH, Arvind Kumar Singh, said they died within eight hours of getting convulsion and fever. Of these four children, one was from East Champaran while the remaining three were from Muzaffarpur district – two from Saraiya block and one from Paroo. One of the four deceased children had shown symptoms of Encephalitis. Their blood samples were sent to laboratory for test and the reports are awaited.
                            http://www.thespeedpost.com/4-childr...ever-at-skmch/

Muzaffarpur has seen periodic outbreaks of fatal encephalopathy due to toxicity linked to unripe litchi fruit (see for example post #3 earlier in this thread. These outbreaks usually occur in May/June. (see excerpt below)​ - Ro

"Our analyses indicate that the absence of an evening meal modified the association between litchi consumption and illness. Parents in affected villages report that during May and June, young children frequently spend their day eating litchis in the surrounding orchards; many return home in the evening uninterested in eating a meal. Skipping an evening meal is likely to result in night-time hypoglycaemia, particularly in young children who have limited hepatic glycogen reserves, which would normally trigger β-oxidation of fatty acids for energy production and gluconeogenesis.39, 40 However, in the setting of hypoglycin A/MCPG toxicity, fatty acid metabolism is disrupted and glucose synthesis is severely impaired,11, 12, 41 which can lead to the characteristic acute hypoglycaemia and encephalopathy of the outbreak illness. The association between illness and the absence of an evening meal could explain the early morning onset of symptoms noted in most patients, and supports recommendations to ensure that children receive a night-time meal throughout the outbreak period. The important interaction between litchi consumption and the absence of an evening meal also contributes toward an understanding of why only some children in Muzaffarpur develop this acute encephalopathy. Although litchi fruits are ubiquitous in the orchards surrounding the villages in rural Muzaffarpur, typically only one child in an entire village develops this acute illness. The synergistic combination of litchi consumption, a missed evening meal, and other potential factors such as poor nutritional status, eating a greater number of litchis, and as yet unidentified genetic differences might be needed to produce this illness."
                            http://thelancet.com/journals/langlo...035-9/fulltext

The investigation of the death of four children reached the CS, SKMCH
                            Muzaffarpur, Muzaffarpur
                            Last updated: June 3, 2017 6:35 PM

In the case of death of four children killed in Muzaffarpur, CS D. Lalita Singh on Saturday examined the SKMCH. During this he held a meeting with the doctors of the Department of Pediatric Disease. Know the causes of death On the instructions of DM Dharmendra Singh, the CS started investigation in the morning itself. He said that the AES has not been confirmed in any district except in Motihari. However, the SKMCH administration has been alerted even after this. PICU's condition is fine. During the investigation, an SDMCH Director of Pediatric Disease, Dr Brij Mohan informed that the deceased four children did not have JE AES disease. Three children were suffering from another illness. Because of this, they were infected with encephalopathy. On the spot, other officials including Dr. Jike Thakur were also present.
                            http://www.livehindustan.com/bihar/m...h-1122068.html

Comment

Name:	Encephalitis.png
Views:	48
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	777490

Note that in this thread we have also reports of a confirmed fatal case of Encephalitis from Punjab and a fatal suspected case from Tamil Nadu. A recent media report gives the number of fatalities at BRD hospital in Uttar Pradesh as 60, including 3 in the past 3 days. http://www.patrika.com/news/gorakhpu...ormed-1594778/ - Ro

Comparison to previous years
                              Year: AES Cases / Deaths / JE Cases / Deaths
                              2016: 1,238 / 133 / 50 / 4 to May 31
                              2015: 1,059 / 113 / 49 / 6 to May 31
                              2014: 641 / 104 / 16 / 2 to May 31
                              2013: 230/ 53 / 7 / 0 to April 1 (the total number of fatalities was approximately 67 by May 31st, but no official report was released)
                              2012: 875/ 121 / NA / NA to May 31
                              2011: 539/ 65 / NA / NA to May 27

Comment

Uttar Pradesh
                                Short of target, minister extends Japanese Encephalitis vaccination campaign

Yusra Husain | TNN | Jun 11, 2017, 10.31 PM IST

LUCKNOW: Falling short of completing the target of vaccinating 88 lakh children against Japanese Encephalitis (JE) by June 11 in 38 districts of the state, health minister Siddhartha Nath Singh on Sunday extended the campaign by another week.
                                The program that was launched on May 25 had on its last day covered around 78,30,000 children upto 15 years of age, reaching only 90% of the target on the last day.

Comment

Working...
                                X