India Encephalitis 2017: 1,228 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 deaths in BRD
    Publish Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 01:08 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 01:08 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur

In the children's disease ward of the BRD Medical College, 16 more were killed in the last twenty four hours. In the newborn ICU recruitment ten dead, while six children admitted in the pediatric ICU These six children were suffering from two encephalitis.

Dr PK Singh, Principal, BRD Medical College informed that due to the ongoing efforts, healthcare facilities have increased. There is also improvement in the health of Patients of Encephalitis admitted in Medical College. At present, 111 patients are admitted to INSFLITES in BRD Medical College.

By Jagran
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• 13 children broke in 24 hours
      Publish Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 01:27 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 01:27 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur

In the last twenty four hours in the BRD Medical College, 13 mothers were killed, including four patients of Inphlitis. During this time 23 new patients of Insefitis were admitted. There are 119 patients recruited in various wards.

The dead from Inseflitis include Mahooli Sant Kabbirnagar's 18 month Shaheel, Gorakhpur's six-year masterpiece and 35-year-old Jagdish and 18 year old Pinky from the township. Those who are recruited are six in Gorakhpur, four from Kushinagar and Siddhartha Nagar, three from Deoria, two each from Maharajganj and Bihar and one each from Mau and Bihar.

Since January this year, 898 patients of INSephalitis have been admitted in BRD Medical College, out of which 119 have died.

---------------------

Director Encephalitis arrives BRD

Director of Insefalitis of Uttar Pradesh, Dr. Badri Vishal, inspected the INSaphlitis Ward of BRD Medical College on Thursday. Together with the patients admitted in the ward, they got information about the medicines and facilities they got.

----------

By Jagran
      गोरखपुर बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज में बीते चौबीस घंटे में इंसेफ्लाइटिस के चार मरीजों सहित 1

Comment: 192 Encephalitis deaths were reported from BRD to Sep 7. This 4 would increase the toll to at least 196. An additional 17 fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 213. - Ro
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• West Bengal
        In Jai, the young man dead Balurghat
        Own correspondent
        Balurghat |
        7 September, 2007, 02:47:05
        Last updated: 7 September, 2007, 03:03:13

Encephalitis pellet after the flooding took place. A young man died in Japanese Encephalitis at Balurghat Hospital in South Dinajpur on Wednesday. At the same time, unknown fever has killed two more. More than 50 people admitted to hospital with fever in the last three days. Two of them suffer from dengue.
        Tanmoy Roy Chowdhury, 27, resident of Chakvargur Dakara area of ​​Balurghat, was admitted to Balurghat Hospital with fever last Saturday. He died on Wednesday at around 1pm. District's chief health officer Sukumar Dey said that Japanese Encephalitis was detected in the blood test report from North Bengal Medical College Hospital. His father died just 6 months ago. Helpless Tanmay, a mother and a widow, was employed as a temporary worker at the Zelpulis office. Very soon the job was about to be ripe. Didi could not confirm the news of his sudden demise. He was admitted to the hospital due to severe illness.
        Brahmanand Sarker (45) and a woman named Sunny Murumu (50) of Basanti area of ​​Kumaranganj died due to fever in the Balurghat Hospital this afternoon. Brahmanandabu is a worker of Khidirpur High School in Balurghat. This morning the hospital was admitted in the morning. Sunidhi's blood report has not yet been found. Tapan's resident Arjuna Kisku (42) died last month due to Japanese encephalitis.

Purohit Rajen Shil said that special emphasis on disease awareness has been given. Regular cleaning of the city and spraying of mosquito oil is spreading.

Comment: Careful following this link - It is a buggy site & prone to being hacked - Have up to date anti phishing & anti-virus. - Ro

Comment

• From Week 31 IDSP report: http://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l89...1504854769.pdf

AR/PPM/2017/31/1149
          Arunachal Pradesh Papumpare Japanese
          Encephalitis 05 cases 00 26-07-17 Under Control
          Cases reported from various places of Itanagar under
          Papumpare district. District RRT investigated the outbreak.
          House to house survey done. Out of 5 CSF samples tested at
          NEIGRIHMS, Shillong, 3 serum samples were positive for JE.
          All cases treated symptomatically. Health education given

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
            BRD has broken 12 in 24 hours, 27 recruits
            Publish Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 12:36 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 12:36 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur: 12 died in the past 24 hours in BRD Medical College, two of them died of Incephalitis. During this 27 patients have been admitted.

According to the medical college representative, the dead from Incephalitis include Urmila (25 years) from Bihar's Western Champaran and donation of Khukundu (six years) of Deoria. Among the recruitment patients, six people of Gorakhpur, eight from Deoria, five from Kushinagar, two in Bihar, two from Siddhartha Nagar, one in Basti and three in Maharajganj.

Since January, 1983 deaths have taken place in medical college since infections. At the same time, 925 patients have been admitted. Currently, 127 infections are undergoing treatment.

By Jagran
            गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज के बाल रोग विभाग में बीते 24 घंटे में 12 की मौत हो गई,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Encephalitis.png
Views:	60
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	782109

Comment: A media report has reported the number of fatalities in Odisha as 60. Uttar Pradesh now has 229 deaths (198 at BRD and 31 elsewhere). Kerala has reported 3 fatalities, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat & Maharashtra have all reported 1 fatality each in reports in this thread. Report #140 in this thread told of hundreds of deaths due to encephalitis at RIMS in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The hospital has acknowledged 64 "encephalopathy" deaths, but without any specified causation (see below). In total this amounts to 647 fatalities so far this year. As always, I am dubious about these official figures. Some states like Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Manipur & Karnataka have large numbers of cases, but seem to report few fatalities. - Ro

NVBDCP figures from previous years:
              Year // AES cases // AES deaths // JE Cases // JE deaths / Mortality rate
              2017 // 7,288 // 512 / 1,066 / 115 to August 31 / 7.02%
              2016 // 5,903 / 624 / 688 / 113 to August 31 / 10.6%
              2015 // 4,654 / 640 / 907 / 199 to August 31 / 13.8%
              2014// 5,682 / 985 / 1,048 / 208 to August 27 / 17.3%
              2013// 3,042 / 627 / 569 / 126 to August 31 / 20.6%
              2012// 4,566 / 779 / NA / NA to August 31 / 17.1%
              2011// 3,445 / 450 / NA / NA to August 23 / 13.1%

In one Jharkhand hospital, too many patients, too few doctors and a large number of child deaths
              India has always had too many avoidable child deaths. Most are due to overburdened hospitals and medical staff.
              13 hours ago
              Anumeha Yadav
              The hospital administration termed the news reports of a spike in deaths “exaggerated” and “false.” Among 3,324 children admitted in the general ward this year, 268 have died. The hospital administration also released data to show that 24% of the fatalities were due to encephalopathy, a broad term for any disease that causes brain damage or malfunction, which could be caused by malaria, scrub typhus, encephalitis, or other infections. Encephalopathy is a serious medical condition with a high mortality rate. Pneumonia was the second biggest cause, causing 17% of the deaths, said officials.

Dr AK Chaudhary, who is head of department, paediatrics ward at RIMS, said there had been no spike in encephalitis deaths at the ward.

“We have shown that most deaths occurred within 24 hours of admission, showing the severity of illness, in which the hospital could not have done much,” he said.

Of 4,855 infants and children admitted in all wards between January 1 and August 28, 660 died. Professor (Dr) BL Sherwal, the director and administrative head of RIMS, said these records for all infants and children’s wards, for both general and intensive care, showed a mortality of 13.5% which was “similar to last year”. Sherwal declined to share or publish the data on mortality in the paediatrics ward over the past year, or the previous years’ figures, which would allow comparison between this year’s mortality versus earlier.
              https://scroll.in/pulse/849940/at-a-..._medium=public

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                21 dead in 24 hours in BRD
                Publish Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:42 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 12:42 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur

21 died in 24 hours in the ward of the pediatric ward of BRD Medical College. Among the dead, 13 new recruits are recruited in ICU while eight children are recruited in the pediatric ICU. There are three children suffering from Infephitis. Among them, 11-year-old Devika's Vicky, Chiloutalal, Gorakhpur's Hrithik of eight months, Bihar's 15-year-old Hiramoti and medicines ward recruited 37-year-old Tirath. Twenty-four hours of 18 patients of INSephalitas were recruited. Among them, there are seven patients in Gorakhpur, two in Deoria, Basti, Siddhartha Nagar and Santacirinagar and one each from Kushinagar, Bihar and Maharajganj.

Since January this year, 943 patients of INSephalitis have been admitted in BRD Medical College, out of which 202 deaths have occurred. There are still 125 patients admitted in the Insepholitis ward.

By Jagran
                गोरखपुर बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज के बाल रोग के वार्डो में बीते 24 घंटे में 21 मासूमों की

An additional 31 fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 233. - Ro

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh

Such compulsion, BRD reaches every third day
                  Publish Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:05 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:05 AM (IST)
                  Such compulsion, BRD reaches every third daySuch compulsion, BRD reaches every third dayGorakhpur: In the Department of Pediatrics of the BRD Medical College, there has been so much of the bed that dies
                  Gorakhpur:

In the pediatric department of the BRD Medical College, the beds have become so severe that the patients are being sent home without being cured. The doctors are advised to take the patients to the patients for a short span of time by telling them about the lack of space in the hospital. Neither helpless infirmities are being considered by the doctors.

The ten-month-old son of Vinod, a resident of Rasulpur Jhungia of Bhathat block, was discharged after being admitted to the Medical College for some days, because there is no place there. Vinod comes to Medical College every Sunday for treatment of offspring with wife.

Was ill on 20th of July

On 20th July the lineage had a shock with high fever. The family showed a zodiac sign but it did not help. The condition of the night and the deterioration in the night, on July 21, BRD Medical College came to the clan. There is treatment till July 29. The fever was climbing, but the doctors advised to take the clan home by telling a lack of space. Doctors said that infection in the hospital can also increase. On 9th August, after the deterioration of the dynasty again, the relatives reached the BRD with him. On August 19, the descent was sent home. Now he is being called on every third day. Vinod said that he goes to the medical college on the advice of the doctors every third day on dynasty.

By Jagran
                  गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज के बाल रोग विभाग में बेड की इतनी कमी हो गई है कि मर

15 breaks in 24 hours in BRD
                  Publish Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:05 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:05 AM (IST)
                  15 breaks in 24 hours in BRD15 breaks in 24 hours in BRDGorakhpur: 15 killed in BRD medical college in last 24 hours Eight of them
                  Gorakhpur: 15 killed in BRD medical college in last 24 hours They were admitted to eight newborn ICUs and seven pediatric ICUs. Seven dead recruits in PICU are five innocent children with encephalitis.

If you talk about just INSPHLITS, 36 patients were admitted in the last two days, nine of them died. According to the Medical College representative, the recruits include seven of Gorakhpur, five from Deoria, eight in Kushinagar, one each from Bihar, Ambedkar Nagar and Siddhartha Nagar, three from the settlement, six from Maharajganj, four from Sant Kabir Nagar and four patients. In January, BRD Medical College has recruited 979 patients suffering from Inphalitis since January, out of which 211 have been killed.

By Jagran
                  गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज में बीते 24 घंटे में 15 मासूमों की मौत हो गई। इनमें आठ

Comment: An additional 31 fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 242. - Ro

Comment

• Posted at: Sep 12 2017 7:40PM
                    image: http://www.uniindia.com/images/share_icon.jpg

Three more kids die of encephalitis in Gorakhpur
                    Gorakhpur, Sept 12 (UNI) After the deaths of three more children suffering from encephalitis in Baba Raghav Das Medical college here today, the toll rose to 214.
                    Official sources said here that the deceased were from Kushinagar, Gorakhpur and Maharajganj districts.
                    Sources said that 977 patients of encephalitis were admitted to BRD medical college since January and 214 of them died so far.

Read more at http://www.uniindia.com/three-more-k...lgiCWWEpbA6.99

Comment: An additional 31 fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 245. - Ro

Comment

• Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 48 months Male Alive September 11, 2017
                      Time : 9:01 am
                      City : Bijnor
                      Distt. : BIJNOUR
                      State : UTTAR PRADESH

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                        14 dead in 24 hours in BRD
                        Publish Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 01:50 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 01:50 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur

In 14 hours, 14 died in BRD Medical College in the last 24 hours. There are nine innocent recruits in the new ICU while there are five children admitted in the pediatric ICU. Two of these five were patients of Inseflitis.

Among those who died of Incephalitis, ten years of Kushinagar Kiran and 12 years of Siddhartha Nagar Arun are included. Those recruited include Gorakhpur's seven, Kushinagar, Siddhartha Nagar and Santacbirnagar three-three, two in the settlement and one in Baliya. In Nehru Hospital, 133 patients of Incephalitis are undergoing treatment. Since January this year, 1016 patients have been admitted to BRD Medical College, out of which 216 have been killed.

By Jagran

Comment: An additional 31 encephalitis fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 247. - Ro

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                          Japanese fever death
                          Publish Date: Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:15 (IST) | Updated Date: Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:15 (IST)

Siddharthnagar: A 14-year-old boy died from Insefalitis in village Gram Bithya Art under Bhavniganj Thanant. Village resident self Defense Ram Gautam's son Arun Kumar Gautam had high fever four days ago. Local treatment was done, but when there was no improvement in the condition. He was sent to the District Hospital for the settlement. Where the health continued to worsen. From there onwards, the doctors referred to the Gorakhpur Medical College on Monday. The child was taken to the Gorakhpur Medical College by immediate family members. Where the encephalitis was confirmed. He died on Tuesday night during treatment.

By Jagran
                          सिद्धार्थनगर : भवानीगंज थानान्तर्गत ग्राम ग्राम बिथरिया कला में एक 14 वर्षीय बालक की इंसेफ्लाइटिस से

Comment

• 18 deaths in 24 hours in BRD
                            Publish Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:58 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:58 AM (IST)
                            18 deaths in 24 hours in BRD18 deaths in 24 hours in BRD18 victims died in 24 hours in Gorakhpur BRD Medical College In them newborn
                            Gorakhpur

In 18 hours, 18 died in BRD Medical College in the last 24 hours. These include recruitment of newborn ICUs 11 and seven children recruited in Pediatric ICU. In these seven children, three children were suffering from encephalitis.

Among those who died of Incephalitis, the ten year victory of Maharajganj, three years of Dewaria, Dinesh and 5-year-old AYUSH, 30 year old Sarita is admitted to Medicine Ward.

During this, a total of 13 patients were recruited, in which four of Deoria, three in Gorakhpur, two in Satkabinagar and two in Bihar and one in Kusinagar and one in Patiala. There are 128 patients admitted in Nehru Hospital. Since January this year, 1029 patients have been admitted to BRD Medical College, 220 of whom have died.

By Jagran
                            Comment: An additional 32 encephalitis fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 252. - Ro

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                              Difficult to rehabilitate the people of encephalitis
                              Publish Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 01:35 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 01:35 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur: In the BRD Medical College, due to infections of the children, there has been a lot of difficulty in rehabilitation of divorced children. The staff posted here has not received honorarium for 28 months. The employees requested the officers many times but the hearing was not done.

According to the Medical College representative, 14 employees were deployed in the year 2010 for the rehabilitation of the people from Insefalitis in Medical College in 2010. The central government had deployed these employees for three years with the condition that the state government would later start the process for permanent appointment. For this, the MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) was signed between the Center and the State Government. After three years of completion, the central government gave two years and honorarium but after April 2015 the honorarium got stopped. According to the rules, the state government had to start the process of appointment but it did not happen. Meanwhile, the staff continued to work and rehabilitated many Divya children. The employees have also sent a letter to the Union Health Minister, J.P. Nadda in this regard. They have been asked to adjust to PMR (Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation).

Dr. Ramashankar Shukla, Chief Superintendent of BRD Medical College said that he is new now, no information is available. I will know why not get honorable.

Their deployment

Exupunative Therapist Amit Kumar Shrivastav, Physiotherapist Shikha Gupta, Clinical Psychologist Mrs. Anjani Kumar, Speech Therapist Namita Singh, Stenographer Ritesh Kumar, Fitter Kam Carpenter Vishal Singh, Workshop Worker Ravinder Kumar etc.

Three doctors have left the job

Due to lack of honorarium, three doctors posted in the rehabilitation center have left the job.
                              Despite not being doctors, the employees are contributing in the rehabilitation of the patients with utmost diligence. Till now thousands of patients have been rehabilitated.

Honorarium of 250 Contract Workers Stuck

The honorarium of July and August months of 250 contract workers deployed by the National Health Mission in the BRD Medical College has been stuck. The responsibility of the honorarium of contractual employees was on the clerk Sanjay Tripathi and Uday Sharma. Both of them are currently locked in jail. Dr. O. Pandey, the drawing-delivery officer of the college, has the key to the hostel but he has not been allowed to open the cupboard. Dr. Pandey has sent a letter to the police station and principal of Gulariha and asked for permission to open the cupboard.

By Jagran
                              गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज में इंसेफ्लाइटिस के कारण दिव्यांग हुए बच्चों के पुनर्वास में

14 dead in 24 hours in BRD
                              Publish Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 01:24 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 01:24 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur: 14 died in 24 hours in the Department of Pediatrics of BRD Medical College. There are three infections in it. During this 18 new patients were recruited.

According to the Medical College representative, those who died of Insepflitis include Amarjeet (27 years) of Gorakhnath, Anjali (10 years) of Mewaria and AYUSH of Ambedkar Nagar (four years). Among the admitted patients, four people of Gorakhpur, six from Kusinagar, one in Sant Kabirnagar, one in the settlement, three from Deoria, one in Bihar, one from Ambedkar Nagar and one from Maharajganj. This year, 223 deaths have been reported from INSephalitis in BRD Medical College. 1047 patients were admitted. At present, 121 patients suffering from Inseflitis have been undergoing treatment.

By Jagran
                              गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज के बाल रोग विभाग में बीते 24 घंटे में 14 की मौत हो गई।

Comment

• Uttar Pradesh
                                15 children die in 24 hours in BRD
                                Publish Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 01:29 AM (IST) | Updated Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 01:29 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur: 15 children died in 24 hours in BRD Medical College. Among the deceased, there are nine children recruited in the six newborn and Piediatric ICU recruited in the newly born ICU. Two of these nine infections were inpatient.

Among those who died of Incephalitis, two-and-a-half-year-old faiyas of the treasury, five years of Sant Kabirnagar and the recruitment of Medicina Ward, include 65 year old cousadder. During this 21 new patients were recruited in which there are seven-seven in Gorakhpur and Kushinagar, three in Maharajganj and one each from Deoria, Sant Kobirnagar, Siddharthanagar and Bihar. 129 patients admitted to different wards of Nehru Hospital are undergoing treatment. Since January this year, 1065 patients have been admitted to BRD Medical College, out of which 226 have been killed.

By Jagran
                                गोरखपुर: बीआरडी मेडिकल कालेज में बीते 24 घंटे में 15 बच्चों की मौत हो गई। मरने वालों

Comment: An additional 32 encephalitis fatalities have occurred at facilities other than BRD bringing the state toll to 258. - Ro

Comparing Encephalitis numbers at BRD to previous years:
                                Year // Cases // Fatalities // Mortality Rate // Date
                                2017 // 1,065 // 226 // 21.2% // Sep 16
                                2016 // 1,017 // 254 // 25.0% // Sep 15
                                2015 // 973 // 198 // 20.3% // Sep 16
                                2014 // 1,183 // 338 // 28.6% // Sep 15
                                2013 // 1,145 // 255 // 22.3% // Sep 15
                                2012 // 1,284 // 259 // 20.2% // Sep 11
                                2011 // 1,658 // 273 // 16.5% // Sep 15
                                2010 // ? // 276 // ? // Sep 14

Comment

Working...
                                X