• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Dengue 2017

Link to 2016 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...ia-dengue-2016

Maharashtra
    Dengue kills elderly man from Hadapsar

Umesh Isalkar | TNN | Updated: Jan 10, 2017, 05.36 AM IST

PUNE: A 70-year-old man from Hadapsar died of dengue shock syndrome on January 7, opening the account of the disease casualty in the city this year.
    The deceased, of Ramtekdi in Hadapsar, had the onset of illness from December 21. He had fever with chills, cough with expectoration. He developed breathlessness on December 24, following which he was admitted to Sane Guruji hospital two days later.
    A 70-year-old man from Hadapsar died of dengue shock syndrome on January 7, opening the account of the disease casualty in the city this year.

Tamil Nadu
    Pregnant woman from Kadayanallur dies of dengue
    SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT TIRUNELVELI: JANUARY 10, 2017 00:00 IST
    UPDATED: JANUARY 10, 2017 04:14 IST

Dengue has claimed the life of a 21-year-old a pregnant woman from Kadayanallur.

The woman, S. Mohideen Fatima, was suffering from fever for the past few days and her husband Syed Ali of Pettai had taken her to a private hospital in Palayamkottai and then to Kerala Institute of Medical Sciences in Thiruvananthapuram after she failed to respond to the medicines prescribed by a doctor at Kadayanallur.

She died at the KIMS on Monday. The certificate of death issued by the KIMS said that Mohideen Fatima?s died of ?dengue haemorrhagic shock?.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Tamil Nadu
    6-month-old baby to death near Alangulam dengue fever

March 21, 04:30 AM
    Alangulam,

Kuruvankottai Alangulam in Tirunelveli district, calaipputur, kalunirkulam dengue fever in areas affected by more than 50 children were undergoing treatment in the hospital.

In this position, near Alangulam paniraj Andipatti mother belonged to the town. He's 6-month-old male child was. Catch the fever of the last 15 days before the child victim. The parents put him in a private hospital for treatment. The doctors who examined him and revealed where the child was suffering from dengue fever.

Baby Death
    After the child was readmitted for treatment at the government hospital Playankottai aikiravuntu. Where the child was treated. At this stage the child was undergoing surgery yesterday and died miserable. The health department disease prevention drugs Andipatti We splashed in the paniraj home.

Andipatti stagnant sewage in residential areas is causing health degeneration. Dengue fever is spread so aggressively. Andipatti cukataratturaiyinar disease prevention measures should be taken and the surrounding areas, the local people have demanded.

Pavurcattiram
    Pavurcattiram pettanatarpatti near the Panchayat Union in Keelapavoor calaipputur, pupalacamuttiram, ilankapuripattanam, navanitakirusnapuram, cuntaralinkapuram mysterious fever that many people in the areas affected in the last few days.

Ramaswamy's daughters from ilankapuripattanattai yokaramalatcumi (12), piyuramalatcumi (11), son of Madhavan cemetery (7), Chandrasekhar son Praveen (5), including more than 20 boys and girls affected by mysterious fever being treated in hospitals have gone home. Some people are being treated in the hospital.
    ஆலங்குளம் அருகே டெங்கு காய்ச்சலுக்கு 6 மாத குழந்தை பரிதாபமாக இறந்தது.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Andhra Pradesh
      Fresh cases of dengue surface in Chittoor
      STAFF REPORTER CHITTOOR APRIL 14, 2017 00:00 IST
      UPDATED: APRIL 14, 2017 04:36 IST

Seven cases reported from Timmasamudram, Perindesam

With fresh cases of dengue reported from Timmasamudram and Perindesam villages of KVB Puram mandal on Thursday, officials of the medical and health wing find it difficult to tackle the menace, though they have renewed medical camps. These two villages reported three dengue deaths and over 50 positive cases in March.

The virus created panic in Timmasamudram village, with every family having a person suffering from dengue or viral fever in the last few weeks. After the situation turned worse in the last week of March, officials launched anti-larval drive and conducted medical camps, besides organising ?kala jatas? (awareness camps through cultural activities). In spite of this, in the first week of April, 20 cases, believed to be of viral fevers, were reported, and all were rushed to hospitals in Srikalahasti and Tirupati. In this backdrop, seven positive cases of dengue were noticed on Thursday.

Comment

From Week 10 IDSP Report: http://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/102017.pdf

TN/RMN/2017/10/0310 Tamil Nadu Ramanathapur
        am-Paramakudi Dengue 14 cases 01 fatality 10-03-17 13-03-17 Under
        control
        Cases reported from Village Sadaiyaneri, Block
        Mudukulathur, PHC Theriruveli, HSC
        Kumarakuruchi. District RRT investigated the
        outbreak. House to house survey done. Out of 08
        samples tested at DPHL Ramanathapuram, 05
        were positive for Dengue by IgM ELISA. All
        cases treated symptomatically. Health education
        given.

Comment

Kerala

Five-year-old girl died due to dengue fever
          TNN | Updated: May 2, 2017, 01:08 PM IST

Alappuzha: A five-year-old girl from Chengannur died of dengue fever. The deceased is Saiya (5), daughter of Cheranad Adv.

He was undergoing treatment at Thiruvananthapuram S.T. Twin sister Swathi also suffers from dengue fever. Her Arya Saraswathi is assistant professor at NSS College, Pandalam.
          ചെങ്ങന്നൂരിൽ അഞ്ചു വയസുകാരി ഡങ്കിപ്പനി ബാധിച്ച്‌ മരിച്ചു.

Comment

ANDHRA PRADESH
            Sri City village in grip of dengue
            K. Umashanker CHITTOOR MAY 07, 2017 00:00 IST
            UPDATED: MAY 07, 2017 04:15 IST

Girl died of dengue three days ago; two dozen residents hospitalised

Chengambakkam village, located in Sri City SEZ in Satyavedu mandal of Chittoor district, is caught in the grip of dengue since a couple of weeks. While one death was reported in recent days, two dozen residents are undergoing treatment in various private hospitals in Tirupati, Nellore and Chennai.

After the turn of Thimmasamudram and Perindesam villages of KVB Puram mandal in the eastern side with four dengue casualties in March, dengue menace has come to haunt Sri City village.

Though the residents have been suffering from viral fevers since a month, the village caught the attention of the officials after the death of a girl three days ago.

District Malaria Officer P. Srinivasa Rao confirmed that the girl died of dengue, while two more patients were undergoing treatment. However, two dozen residents have been admitted to various hospitals, and it is yet to be confirmed whether they are suffering from dengue or viral fevers.

Comment

Uttar Pradesh
              HC NEWS: Lawyer's death from dengue, doctors are charged with negligence
              Dainikbhaskar.com | May 08, 2017, 20:01 IST
              allahabad high court

Allahabad. The advocate VP Mishra's advocate son took seriously the death case due to lack of proper treatment of dengue. The permanent advocate has asked to present the full document of the treatment of the deceased advocate. This order was passed by Chief Justice D.B. The Bench of Bhosale and Justice Yashwant Verma had on VP Mishra's letter on a permanent petition.
              He says that his son had headache and fever. Private hospitals refused to recruit then the form was admitted to Nehru Hospital, Allahabad. The condition was correct in the initial investigation but later the situation got worsened. The hospital's dialysis machine was bad. Due to the lack of proper treatment and due to deterioration, his son was discharged and admitted to Lucknow Hospital for treatment where the condition died due to deterioration. He demanded action by the Chief Justice on the issue of negligence carried out by the doctors. This letter, chaired by Justice VK Shukla, directed the PIL to ensure the effective prevention of Dengue Chikungunya and present the report. The state government has filed the affidavit of the committee formed in the court. The next hearing of the petition will be on May 22.

Comment

TAMIL NADU
                Pregnant woman dies of ?dengue?
                STAFF REPORTER MAY 14, 2017 21:26 IST
                UPDATED: MAY 14, 2017 21:26 IST

TIRUNELVELI

A pregnant woman, Nasrin (26) of Qaide Millath Street in Puliyangudi, died of suspected dengue here on Sunday, sources said.

However, Dean of Tirunelveli Government Medical College Hospital K. Sithy Athiya Munavarah denied it, saying the patient died of multiple organ failure.

Comment

Kerala
                  Kerala under grip of fever; more cases reported in TVM Published: May 18, 2017, 08:09 AM IST

Figures show that 8,16,137 confirmed cases of fever were reported so far this year. Of this, 10 people died of fever. While dengue caused four deaths, nine people died with dengue symptoms. So far this year, 3401 people were affected by dengue; nearly 2,000 are from Thiruvananthapuram.

Read more at: http://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/...soon-1.1946966

Comment

Kerala reports five deaths due to infectious diseases
                    DECCAN CHRONICLE.
                    Published May 20, 2017, 6:59 am ISTUpdated May 20, 2017, 6:59 am IST
                    In a second death case this month in Thiruvananthapruam district, a 12-year-old boy succumbed to dengue at the medical college hospital here. The victim belonged to Vizhinjam. As many as 66 dengue cases were reported in Thiruvananthapuram district on Friday.

Comment

KERALA
                      Spurt in H1N1, dengue cases
                      STAFF REPORTER KOZHIKODE, MAY 24, 2017 00:00 IST
                      UPDATED: MAY 24, 2017 03:57 IST
                      There has been a spurt in the number of dengue cases too with 95 confirmed cases being reported since January. One person has died of the disease and there have been two suspected deaths.

Comment

Karnataka

Dengue claims girl in Karnataka, hostel inmates blame warden
                        By Express News Service | Published: 27th May 2017 05:35 AM |
                        Last Updated: 27th May 2017 10:33 AM | A+A A- |

For representational purpose
                        MYSURU: The death of an inmate of Maharani?s Girls Hostel due to suspected dengue sparked protests by students on Friday. The protesters alleged that Sanchitha M Aradha (20) of Periyapatna taluk, who was suffering from high fever, was not allowed to go home by the hostel warden until she paid the fees. After the second year BSc student returned to her native place, her parents took her to JSS Hospital where she battled for life for a week. She died on Friday noon. The hostel inmates pay `7,500 during admission and a monthly mess charge of `1,500.
                        MYSURU: The death of an inmate of Maharani’s Girls Hostel due to suspected dengue sparked protests by students on Friday. The protesters alleged that Sanchitha

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	266
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	777089

http://vijaykarnataka.indiatimes.com...w/58858830.cms

Comment

Kerala
                          Dengue on rise in Kozhikode
                          DECCAN CHRONICLE. | JOSE KURIAN
                          Published May 28, 2017, 6:52 am ISTUpdated May 28, 2017, 6:57 am IST

KOZHIKODE: The sharp increase in dengue fever cases in the district has sent alarm bells across the medical fraternity. In January this year, there were only 19 suspected cases of which nine were confirmed whereas in May it went up to 811, of which more than 101 were confirmed. So far three persons have died in which two were suspected deaths and on one confirmed death, according to the Integrated Disease Surveillance programme data.

Tamil Nadu

Dengue hits city ahead of monsoon

TNN | Updated: May 28, 2017, 12.35 PM IST
                          At least five patients have been serologically tested positive for dengue at the Coimbatore Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) where another 35 patients have been admitted with fever. Two days ago, a girl had died in a suspected case of dengue.

"In the initial blood tests, she tested negative for dengue. But her sister tested positive for the virus and is admitted to the hospital," said the resident medical officer of CMCH, Dr A Soundaravel. "The cases are sporadic but they mainly come from within the corporation limits," he added.

Comment

Karnataka

Two dies of dengue in Nanjanagud
                            June 3, 2017 CTBUREAU_HS 24 Views 0 Comments
                            Mysuru, June 3:- A child died due to dengue fever in Neelakanta Nagar of Nanjanagud. It is the second death in Neelakanta Nagar for dengue. But the city council and taluk administration are still in deep somber. The dengue patients number already crossed the mark of 100 in Nanjanagud. (KS)

Comment

Karnataka
                              Dengue Mahamari is another victim in Mysore Written By: Mysore Representative Published: Monday, June 5, 2017, 16:44 [IST] Subscribe to Oneindia Kannada Mysore, June 5: Dengue has started her rug dance in Mysore on a daily basis. The incident occurred on June 3 when another victim was killed in a dengue on June 3 when a victim was reported to have died on December 3. KP Shankar (47), a resident of Vijayanagar second phase of Mysore, Shankar, director of the Bhovi Sangh in Mysore district, said he had been suffering from fever for the past three days. He was admitted to a private hospital for treatment died today in success.
                              Read more at: http://kannada.oneindia.com/news/mys...ru-119247.html

Dakshina Kannada District may house new dengue strain

Mangalore Today News Network

Mangauru, June 06, 2017; Dakshina Kannada the virus DENV-2 and DENV-3 are found. District health officials said that if a person infected with DENV-2 and DENV 3 is infected by DENV-1 or DENV-4 strains, it leads to complications like a life-threatening syndrome called Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) or Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS).

dengue 6 The suspicion of DK district health officials about a different serotype of the dengue virus being prevalent in this region has been confirmed. They found the DENV-1 in places earlier affected by only DENV-2 and DENV-3 strains of the virus.

Meanwhile, dengue has been confirmed as the cause of death of a woman at Yedamangala last week. The tests results showed immunoglobulin positive. The case would be presented before the death review committee here and the findings will be sent to health officials in Bengaluru to officially declare the death as dengue positive.
                              <strong> </strong>Dakshina Kannada the virus  DENV-2 and DENV-3 are found. District health officials said that if a person infected with DENV-2 and DENV 3 is infected..

Comment

Working...
                              X