Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maharashtra: Unidentified Fever 2016

One more dies in Wada of Thane district
    Thane, Sep 26 (UNI) With one more death, child death has shot up to 213 this season.
    In a fresh incident, Vedant Mahesh Madhvi (4) of Wada taluka was taken to Wada Rural hospital last evening with complications. Later, she was referred to Thane civil hospital for further treatment and on way to the hospital, she died, it was stated.
    Read more at http://www.uniindia.com/one-more-die...BuEW4zAR85G.99
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

In malnourished Palghar, tribal girl dies of fever

TNN | Updated: Oct 8, 2016, 02.34 AM IST

MUMBAI: A 12-year-old tribal girl from Vikramgad taluka of Palghar district died of an undiagnosed fever on Friday. Another girl aged 15 with similar symptoms, has been transferred to the district hospital in Nashik. In recent times, malnutrition cases have rocked Palghar district.
    The deceased, Kaushilya Barshat (12), a class 6 student of the residential tribal school in Sakhare village. She had high fever, stomachache and nausea, four days ago. On Thursday, she was taken to Vikramgad rural hospital where the doctor on duty prescribed medicines. She was advised blood tests which were not done.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

NHRC probe into Maha tribal deaths
      PTI | Tuesday, 18 October 2016 AT 11:36 PM IST
      National Human Rights Commission, NHRC, Maharashtra government, death, tribal death, student, tribal area, tribal development, New Delhi
      NEW DELHI: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued a notice to the Maharashtra government over reported deaths of 740 students of residential schools in tribal areas in the State in the last 10 years.

The Commission has taken suo motu cognisance of a media report and said the ?negligence? on the part of the Department of Tribal Development and the school authorities is a violation of right to life, dignity and equality of the students.

The NHRC, in a statement on Tuesday said, it has issued the notice to the State?s Chief Secretary and sought a detailed report in the matter within four weeks.
      ?Most of the students died of dengue, malaria, food poisoning, suicide, drowning and even snake bite,? the NHRC statement said.

740 Tribal Students Deaths: NHRC Notice To Maharashtra
      October 18, 2016

Taking serious cognizance of the deaths of 740 tribal students in residential schools in 10 years, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) demanded an explanation on the issue from the Maharashtra government here on Tuesday.

The issue came to the fore after the death of a 12-year-old tribal girl in Palghar district on October 7 due to fever and complications related to malnutrition.

Later, another 10 students of a school in the district were admitted to hospitals for malnutrition-related health problems, most of them belonging to very poor tribal families.

Comment

Working...
      X