Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dengue claims Vikhroli woman; 8th lepto death reported

DNA CORRESPONDENT | Tue, 27 Sep 2016-07:45am , dna
    The city also witnessed its eight leptospirosis death on September 21. The bacterial disease claimed the life of an 18-year-old boy from M/E ward.

The city also witnessed its eight leptospirosis death on September 21. The bacterial disease claimed the life of an 18-year-old boy from M/E ward. A BMC health official said, "The boy was admitted to Sion hospital on September 17 with fever and conjunctival suffusion. During Ganesh Chaturthi festivities, the boy would wade through stagnant water. He died of leptospirosis with acute respiratory distress syndrome," said Keskar. BMC said that its pest control department had visited 45 houses in and around the area where the patient resided and found 112 burrows. "About 1,100 people were screened for leptospirosis symptoms, of which four were referred to a nearby dispensary for fever," said Keskar. BMC's health report says there has been a slight rise in dengue and leptospirosis cases in the city this year. "
    The city also witnessed its eight leptospirosis death on September 21. The bacterial disease claimed the life of an 18-year-old boy from M/E ward.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Karnataka
      Kundapur: Rat fever reportedly claims two lives, makes people nervous

Silvester D?Souza

Daijiworld Media Network?Kundapur (EP)

Kundapur, Oct 15: The recent outbreak of rat fever in Kundapur has been a cause for concern among locals. A woman reportedly affected by it died here. Ravi, a youth from Koteshwar is also suspected to have died due to it on Wednesday. The fever had created anxiety in Thekkatte Kumbhasi earlier.

Though the epidemic is spreading rapidly for months, effective awareness is lacking.

Kundapur taluk medical officer has said that awareness programme, sprinkling of medicine to the wells in the affected areas and preventive measures among farmers in the affected areas are being undertaken.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X