India Encephalitis 2016, 1,376 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Encephalitis 2016, 1,376 fatalities

Link to last year's thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...226-fatalities

Edit: Note IDSP changed the location of its archive in June 2016. Any links prior to that point are inactive. The new archive can be found at the link below.

http://idsp.nic.in/index4.php?lang=1...d=406&lid=3689

Uttar Pradesh

Encephalitis death of child
    Eternal Light Monday, January 11th, 2016
    KushinagarUpdated @ 11:25 PM IST
    Encephalitis death of child
    Lkshmiganj. Ramkola Brhra Prakash Babu, a resident of the village of the bride Tola died six year old daughter Rima. After suffering from encephalitis were admitted to the medical college.
    There, he died during treatment. The family members said Rima fever a week ago Kaptanganj shown in a private hospital.
    The doctor said to take the Medical College of Rima. Rima died during treatment of morning.
    Ramkola CHC doctor in charge of the team reached Rajneesh Srivastava tested children's health.
    Medicine advised to spray and chlorine be distributed pills to treat some sick children called CHC Ramkola. Dr Rajneesh said Rima has died from encephalitis.
    http://www.amarujala.com/news/city/k...-hindi-news-4/
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; June 24, 2016, 06:54 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Uttar Pradesh
    Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 60 months Male Dead January 2, 2016
    Time : 4:51 pm
    City : Bijnor
    Distt. : BIJNOUR
    State : UTTAR PRADESH
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 74 months Male Dead January 18, 2016
      Time : 11:13 am
      City : Golaghat
      Distt. : GOLAGHAT
      State : ASSAM
      Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 132 months Male Alive January 16, 2016
      Time : 4:46 pm
      Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 72 months Female Alive January 13, 2016
      Time : 11:00 pm
      City : Nagaur
      Distt. : NAGAUR
      State : RAJASTHAN

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 120 months Female Alive February 6, 2016
        Time : 4:52 pm
        Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 5 months Male Alive February 6, 2016
        Time : 4:51 pm

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Encephalitis.png
Views:	166
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	747151

As noted in post 3 above there has also been a fatal case in Assam - Ro

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 144 Male Alive February 10, 2016
            Time : 7:41 pm
            City : BARMER
            Distt. : BANSWARA
            Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 36 Male Alive February 10, 2016
            Time : 7:37 pm
            City : JODHPUR
            Distt. : JODHPUR

Comment

Encephalitis death in Assam
              Press Trust of India | Jorhat (Assam)
              February 16, 2016 Last Updated at 21:57 IST

A minor girl lost her life today suffering from encephalitis.

According to Jorhat Health Services Joint Director Mubidor Rehman, the 16-year girl died of encephalitis at the Jorhat Medical College and Hospital this morning.

Comment

Andhra Pradesh / Telengana
                Survey: 203 cases of encephalitis in Hyderabad
                DECCAN CHRONICLE.
                Published Feb 21, 2016, 5:46 am ISTUpdated Feb 21, 2016, 5:46 am IST
                Poor hygiene, lack of immunisation, mosquitoes blamed for disease spread.

Hyderabad: Over 200 cases of encephalitis or meningoencephalitis have been reported in the city in 2015-16, according to a preliminary survey.

The cases of meningoencephalitis among children have seen a sharp rise in the lower economic groups due to lack of immunisation, poor hygiene, open drains, mosquito menace and poor nutrition.

Senior paediatrician Dr Altaf Naseem said, “A simple case of sore throat leads to aggravation of the disease. Viral infection spreads through the body and the brain. As the child’s immune system is weak the body is not able to fight off the infection.”
                http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...hyderabad.html

Comment: The NVBDCP report for 2015 turned up only 124 cases of Encephalitis in the entire states of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana. 4 were confirmed Japanese encephalitis, none were reported fatal. The 2015 National Health Profile reports just 74 cases of meningococcal meningitis with 2 fatalities in Andhra Pradesh (which included Telengana) in 2014. More examples of how these national figures do not reflect reality at the local level.- Ro
                http://www.cbhidghs.nic.in/writeread...e/NHP-2015.pdf
                Last edited by Ronan Kelly; October 28, 2016, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Bengal
                  JE help from Nimhans
                  February 29, 2016, 4:01 pm

NBMCH to send samples of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome cases for research

The neuro-virology department at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (Nimhans), Bangalore, will collaborate with North Bengal Medical College and Hospital to conduct a research on Acute Encephalitis Syndrome.

NBMCH will send clinical and diagnostic information about patients suffering from Japanese Encephalitis and AES for the project, whose main aim is to find out the causes of AES.

According to NBMCH officials, the research project is funded by US federal agency, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and is titled ?Providing laboratory support for surveillance of Japanese Encephalitis in India?.

Comment

Views:	160
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	748825

As noted earlier in the thread, there have also been two fatal cases reported from Assam which, for whatever reason, are not recorded on the NVBDCP report. - Ro

Comment

AS/DBG/2016/7/0304 Assam Dibrugarh Japanese
                      Encephalitis 01 case 01 fatality 29-01-16 Under
                      Surveillance
                      Cases reported from Village Tamulikhat, Block/PHC
                      Tengakhat. District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to
                      house survey done. CFS and Serum collected from the patients
                      and result of CSF showed JE positive. One 28 year old male
                      died due to the condition. All cases treated symptomatically.
                      Health education given.

AS/JRT/2016/7/0305 Assam Jorhat
                      Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES)
                      01 case 01 fatality 10-02-16 Under
                      Control
                      Cases reported from Jorhat Urban Ward No.2, Royal Road,
                      Jorhat. District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to house
                      survey done. All 62 blood smears tested negative for malaria
                      parasite. CSF & Serum samples collected and sent to Dept. of
                      Microbiology, Jorhat Medical College & Hospital Jorhat, Result
                      awaited.One female aged 16 years died due to the condition. All
                      cases treated symptomatically. Health education given

from Week 7 outbreak report http://idsp.nic.in/idsp/IDSP/outbreaks.htm

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 7 months Male Alive March 19, 2016
                        Time : 5:54 pm

Comment

West Bengal
                          Death again [AES]
                          Correspondent

Siliguri, March 17, 016, 022050
                          e e print

Acute enasephyalaitise ([AES]) were infected with increasing death. The number of deaths of elderly residents. North Bengal Medical College and Hospital on Wednesday, one person was killed. His name is Lily Khatun (40). Coparaya home. He was admitted to the medical region on Tuesday. He, however, about whether the Japanese attacked enasephyalaitise test report is still to come. Enasephyalaitise acute infection since January this year, nine have died. He attacked the two Japanese enasephyalaitise.
                          At least seven people infected with fever, convulsions at the North Bengal Medical College and Hospital. Sisiiute the two. Eiesa the three wards. The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medicine, has been admitted. Increasing fears about the situation. The part of doctors, residents last year-old Japanese encephalitis vaccination has been started. This work needs to be greatly. Vaccination of the northern district, but there are still many residents were inoculated. Vaccination is required for all adult residents, he said. Vaccination of children before. We need to look at it the right way. North Bengal Medical College Hospital Superintendent clarify Bera said two of the patients has fever. Necessary measures are being taken to treat them. ''

Alipurduar, Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri, jei detection tests have been taken to the district hospital. However, the district health system does not rely on the part of residents. In many cases, patients with fever seizures districts of North Bengal Medical College and Hospital, also being referred to. Part of the doctors said, a major cause of another Japanese encephalitis virus infection if you do not stay in the dark about what is happening to them. They are not taking the risk of the patient's condition deteriorated. Medical College are referred to hospitals. Hospital sources said, on Monday, the day the dead are dead Chandradhar armor and Lily Khatun, was referred to a local hospital. North Bengal Medical College Hospital doctors are part of the patient's situation and the serious deterioration of the problem referred to in the medical field.

Comment

OR/JAJ/2016/9/0427 Odisha Jajpur HSV
                            Encephalitis 05 01 26-02-16 01-03-16 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Village Dharmasala,
                            Jenapur, Ersandha. District RRT investigated
                            the outbreak. House to house survey done.Out
                            of 03 Serum samples tested at RMRC,
                            Bhubaneshwarone was positive for IgM HSV.
                            All cases treated symptomatically. Health
                            education given.

Week 9 Outbreak report: http://idsp.nic.in/idsp/IDSP/outbreaks.htm

Views:	159
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	751155

As noted earlier in the thread, there have also been four fatal cases reported from Assam which, for whatever reason, are not recorded on the NVBDCP report. - Ro

Comment

From Week 9 IDSP Report: http://idsp.nic.in/idsp/IDSP/rcntobrk.pdf

OR/JAJ/2016/9/0427 Odisha Jajpur HSV
                              Encephalitis
                              05 cases 01 fatality 26-02-16 01-03-16 Under
                              Surveillance
                              Cases reported from Village Dharmasala,
                              Jenapur, Ersandha. District RRT investigated
                              the outbreak. House to house survey done.Out
                              of 03 Serum samples tested at RMRC,
                              Bhubaneshwarone was positive for IgM HSV.
                              All cases treated symptomatically. Health
                              education given

Comment

Working...
                              X