Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uttar Pradesh

Encephalitis deaths: toll touches 89 as two more kids succumb in UP
    Official sources said here that two children from Deoria and Kushinagar districts each, died due to Encephalitis.
    Sources said that 340 patients were admitted in Baba Raghav Das Medical college hospital since January 1, 2016 in which 89 kids have died till today.

Read more at http://www.uniindia.com/encephalitis...V23DSAXHpoH.99
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Bihar
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	165
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	757722
      गया। अनुग्रह नारायण मगध मेडिकल कालेज सह अस्पताल में एक्युट इंसेफलाइटिस सिन्ड्रोम बीमारी का एक और संद

Ais = AES; went = Gaya.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Manipur

JE claims first victim in Churachandpur
        Two patients undergoing treatment at JNIMS hospital

CHURACHANDPUR, July 27: Japanese encephalitis claimed its first victim of the season in the Manipur district of Churachandpur today.

The victim T Donglianpau, 43, husband of Muanching from Bungmual and headmaster of Vimala Raina Government High School located in the heart of Lamka town, died this morning at 7 am at RIMS Hospital.

He was admitted at RIMS last week, however, his condition worsened day after day and succumbed this early morning.
        It is also learnt that more than 1200 individuals have been vaccinated since last week.

Comment

Manipur

Japanese encephalitis claims two lives in Manipur
          IANS
          July 28, 2016 Last Updated at 19:30 IST

Japanese encephalitis has claimed two lives so far in Manipur while over 20 persons are in hospital, officials said on Thursday.

According to official sources, a Manipuri woman from Bishnupur district identified as A. Sangeeta, 34, was the first victim to have died from the disease on Wednesday.

Another person, identified as T. Donglianpau from Churachandpur district died of the mosquito-borne disease at the Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, which is run by the Central government. He worked as a school teacher.

Comment

Manipur

JE toll touches three, five more cases detected
            Source: The Sangai Express

Imphal, July 28 2016: The death toll due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) in the State has so far reached three while five more positive cases of JE have been detected.

One patient is in acute condition at RIMS, said sources.

Health Director Dr O Ibomcha told The Sangai Express that blood samples of 18 people suspected to have been infected by JE were tested today at JNIMS and five samples were found positive thereby taking the total number of positive JE cases to 20 .

Comment

148 people died due to malaria, dengue, encephalitis: Govt

PTI | Jul 29, 2016, 04.27 PM IST

New Delhi, Jul 29 As many as 148 people lost their lives due to Malaria, Dengue and Japanese Encephalitis this year, government told the Lok Sabha.
              This year till July 24, there were 21 deaths due to Dengue and 70 people died on account of Japanese Encephalitis, Health Minister J P Nadda said in a reply to questions.
              http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/53450834.cms

Ro's Comment: Any Health Minister giving this reply to an encephalitis question is guilty of providing a misleading answer. The NVBDCP report from June 30th reported 240 Encephalitis deaths of which only 26 (11%) tested positive for JE. If the number of confirmed JE fatalities has indeed risen to 70, then the overall number of AES deaths will also have risen significantly. Some states provide zero testing. In Madhya Pradesh in 2015, over 200 cases of AES with 97 fatalities were not even recorded by the NVBDCP. That same year, East Siang district in Arunachal Pradesh reported 874 cases of JE & AES, but the NVBDCP recorded only 73 for the entire state. The figures being reported by the Minister only tell a fraction of the story.

Madhya Pradesh: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/india/india-emerging-diseases-and-other-health-threats/720457-india-encephalitis-2015-1-324-fatalities?p=746670#post746670

East Siang: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/india/india-emerging-diseases-and-other-health-threats/720457-india-encephalitis-2015-1-324-fatalities?p=749381#post749381

Comment

Uttar Pradesh

Views:	165
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	757920
                गोरखपुर : पूर्वाचल में इंसेफ्लाइटिस का कहर तेज होता जा रहा है। बीते चौबीस घंटे में बीआरडी मेडिकल काल

Comment

Manipur

Five more JE cases detected
                  Source: The Sangai Express

Imphal, July 31 2016: With five more positive cases detected today, the total number of confirmed Japanese Encephalitis (JE) cases has reached 27 in the State.

Out of 26 samples tested today at JNIMS, five samples were found positive, informed a high ranking official of the Health Department.

Ro's Comment: This is now the highest number of confirmed JE cases in the state since 2010. It also seems that there were 26 symptomatic cases that were tested today indicating once again that the confirmed cases of JE being reported are just a fraction of the total burden of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome.

Comment

Assam

Fear of Japanese encephalitis adds to continuing flood woes

Gaurav Das | TNN | Aug 1, 2016, 12.57 PM IST

Guwahati: With the situation slowly improving in the flooded districts of Assam, the fear of resurgence of Japanese Encephalitis hover over the affected areas. Over 295 JE positive cases have been reported from the state with 66 casualties so far.

Ro's Comment: To July 21 there were 240 confirmed cases of JE with 59 fatalities. To June 30, only 18% of Acute Encephalitis cases and 25% of fatal cases were confirmed JE. It is likely at this point that Acute Encephalitis cases in Assam exceed a thousand with a couple of hundred fatal cases.

Comment

Uttar Pradesh

Views:	156
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	757998

जागरण संवाददाता, गोरखपुर पूर्वाचल में इंसेफ्लाइटिस के मरीजों की भर्ती व मौतों का सिलसिला जारी है।

Comment

Uttar Pradesh

Contrary to the claims and all the data are still deaths from meningitis
                        August two, 2016

Gorakhpur: East meningitis, like the rhetoric and politics of driving round. The government earlier claimed to provide the vaccine to eradicate a certain something was disrupted after vaccination. It also claims the state government claims to have additional budget for prevention. But the outcome of the three plants covered.

And all claims and promises of meningitis among havoc Brpta Naunihalo been killed. The reality of the government's claims in this regard Baba Raghav Das Medical College in Gorakhpur district hospital ward Encephalitis is made.

Board encephalitis deaths of innocent Sierra has not subsided. So far this year, 387 patients suffering from encephalitis have arrived BRD Medical College. 99 of whom have died. While suffering from this disease and deaths Division 6 district hospitals has four parishes. Since this terrible disease called meningitis Most who die are 28 innocent Gorakhpur.

This year, the highest incidence of the disease has occurred in Gorakhpur and Kushinagar.

BRD disease registers the highest recorded so far recruited 387 101 innocent Gorakhpur are innocent. The second Kushinagar district, where 50 have been admitted to BRD innocent. Innocent death toll is the highest in these two districts.

BRD 27 innocents died in Gorakhpur and Kushinagar the premature death of the 23 victims were children. In addition to the district hospital in Gorakhpur and Kushinagar district have died in hospital two innocent.

Last week, two consecutive days of rain, as well as an outbreak of encephalitis also intensified. BRD in the past 2 days, 13 new victims have been admitted. In these 5 innocent Gorakhpur district during which three innocents were killed. The 12-year-old son dead Kanpiyrganj resident Lal Akash and Sant Kabir Nagar and Bihar including one innocent. The 80 innocent treat BRD running.

Comment

Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 36 months Female Alive July 30, 2016
                          Time : 3:13 pm
                          City : Bijnor
                          Distt. : BIJNOUR
                          State : UTTAR PRADESH
                          Acute Encephalitis Syndrome 60 months Female Dead July 30, 2016
                          Time : 3:06 pm
                          City : bijnor
                          Distt. : BIJNOUR
                          State : UTTAR PRADESH

Comment

Uttar Pradesh

Name:	Untitled 2.png
Views:	161
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	758051

http://www.jagran.com/uttar-pradesh/...-14434718.html

Comment

Assam

Dibrugarh records highest death in Japanese Encephalitis
                              August 2, 2016
                              A Staff Reporter

Dibrugarh, Aug 2: The death toll from encephalitis this year in Assam has touched 218 with Dibrugarh district recording the highest number of casualties. Director of health services Rathindra Nath Bhuyan said that from January 1 to August 1, 2016 as many as 149 persons had died of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) while 69 persons had succumbed to Japanese Encephalitis (JE). Among the districts, the death toll in Dibrugarh was the highest with 25 deaths, of which 19 were AES and 6 JE cases.

"Another 235 JE and 1,107 AES positive patients from across the state are currently undergoing treatment in various hospitals. The intensity of the disease as compared to other years has however come down. Fogging and DDT spray have been undertaken throughout the districts. The first round of DDT spray is already over and the second round has been initiated. People have been advised to use medicated mosquito nets for their safety," Bhuyan said.

The JE death toll in other districts are - Sivasagar (8), Nagaon (7), Darrang (7), Kamrup Metro (5), Kamrup Rural (4), Nalbari (4), Jorhat (3), Tinsukia (3), Sonitpur (3), Dhemaji (2), Chirang (2), Goalpara (2), Karbi Anglong (2), Kokrajhar (2), Morigaon (2), Udalguri (2), Baksa (2) Bongaigaon (1), Dhubri (1) and Karimganj (1).

Similarly the AES deaths are - Sivasagar (11), Tinsukia (11), Nagaon (10), Sonitpur (9), Dhemaji (7), Darrang (7), Nalbari (7), Goalpara (7), Kamrup Rural (7), Jorhat (6), Bongaigaon (6), Chirang (6), Dhubri (6), Udalguri (6), Kamrup Metro (5), Morigaon (4), Cachar (3), Karimganj (3), Baksa (2), Karbi Anglong (2), Kokrajhar (2), Dima Hasao (2) and Hailakandi (1).

Comment

Uttar Pradesh

Views:	156
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	758134
                                गोरखपुर पूर्वाचल में इंसेफ्लाइटिस का कहर तेज होता जा रहा है। बीते चौबीस घंटे में बीआरडी मेडिकल काल

Comment

Working...
                                X