X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unidentified viral fever affects over 200 kids in Ahmedabad

Strange viral fever affects over 200 kids in Ahmedabad
    Ankur Tewari,TNN | Jul 11, 2015, 06.55 PM IST

AHMEDABAD: Does your child have high fever with white patches on tongue and red rashes on the body? If yes, then he might be suffering from a strange viral fever that has raised its head in the city.

The city has reported 218 such cases in last two weeks. Since June 24, pediatrician Dr Mona Desai has seen 15 cases where kids aged between 3 and 5 were down with high fever ranging between 102 and 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

"There's a huge possibility of a strange fever that is causing strange symptoms. The fever was persistent for a week. Even if the fever subsides a bit, it strikes back after a few hours. This is quite baffling," Dr Desai said.

Pediatrician Dr Nidhish Nanavati has been examining almost 24 similar cases per day for the last one week. "I see 80 kids a day, of which 30% have such strange symptoms," Dr Nanavati told TOI.
    Does your child have high fever with white patches on tongue and red rashes on the body? If yes, then he might be suffering from a strange viral fever
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.
Working...
X