Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India: Child dies, 6 hospitalised after polio vaccination in Bihar

1 CHILD DEAD, 6 HOSPITALISED AFTER POLIO VACCINATION IN BIHAR

Hajipur: At least one child died and six others fell ill on Saturday in Bihar?s Vaishali district after allegedly being administered polio drops. However, it is not confirmed yet that the cause of the death was the polio drops or any other infection.

Vaishal civil surgeon, Ramashish Kumar has ordered an enquiry into the incident. ?I have asked the concerned officials to ascertain whether the incident is connected to the polio vaccine or not,? he said.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Infant?s death: Centre seeks report from Bihar govt
    A seven-month-old girl died last night at a government hospital after being administered polio vaccines at Shahpur village in Bihar's Vaishali district yesterday.
    ?It seems to be a case of sudden infant death syndrome. Post mortem is being conducted,? a senior Health Ministry official said here.
    According to the investigation by the Ministry's team, the child was unwell before being given the vaccine.
    He said that the six other children who reportedly fell sick were brought to the hospital as a ?panic reaction?.
    ?As a panic reaction, all the children who were vaccinated in that locality were brought to the hospital and were finally discharged after 2 hours of observation,? the official said.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X