X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India: Tuberculosis 2015

54 persons die of TB in state every day
    TNN | Mar 25, 2015, 02.00 AM IST

LUCKNOW: About 20,000 persons die of tuberculosis every year in UP. At this rate, TB kills 54 persons in UP every day. The number of TB deaths is 33 times the annual toll of encephalitis, 100 times the total dengue deaths in UP in the past one decade and over 800 times the total swine flu deaths in the state this season.

The scary statistic comes from the first ever report on status of TB in UP released on Tuesday by minister of state for health Nitin Agarwal here on the occasion of world TB awareness day. Heath officials informed that of the total 20,000 TB deaths in state, over 12,000 are of government sector employees.
    About 20,000 persons die of tuberculosis every year in UP. At this rate, TB kills 54 persons in UP every day. The number of TB deaths is 33 times the

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Maharashtra
    A year on, BMC yet to begin probe on rising TB deaths
    In 2014, the BMC reported 1,351 deaths due to the air-borne infection as opposed to 6,589 deaths reported through tabulation of all death certificates.

A year after the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) announced to investigate into tuberculosis (TB) deaths across Mumbai, the decision still remains on paper, says Right to Information (RTI) data gathered by the Praja Foundation.
    According to the RTI query, since July, when the civic health department had first announced to conduct ?verbal autopsy? of each tuberculosis deaths in 16 high-risk wards, not a single investigation has been held till now.
    Praja data indicates a staggering 21 deaths each day, on an average, due to TB since April 2010. The city accounted for 42,837 TB cases in 2014-2015 financial year, of which maximum cases were from L-ward comprising Kurla.
    - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/cit....qfNfVQbX.dpuf
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X