Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telangana: Unidentified Fever outbreaks, 30+ fatalities

Viral Fever Sweeps Through Villages in Nalgonda Dist
    By A Seshacharyulu Published: 18th August 2014 07:09 AM Last Updated: 18th August 2014 07:09 AM

NALGONDA: Maligireddy Yadhamma (50), a resident of Thimmareddygudem village of Chandoor mandal, died of viral fever on Thursday. Many villages of the district have been reeling under the viral fever epidemic from the past few days.

Of the 190 families in Thimmareddygudem, as many as 70 persons have been suffering from viral fever from the past ten days. Villagers complain of no medical services. ?We are using medicines prescribed by the RMP doctor,? they rued and added that only three days ago, the medical and health department organised a medical camp in the village.
    When asked about Yadhamma?s death, Dr Amose said she died of low BP and other related diseases and not of viral fever. ?Though we collected her blood samples, we are still waiting for the report,? he added.
    Explore the latest news, opinions, and features from New Indian Express. Stay informed with breaking news, in-depth coverage, and expert perspectives on various topics.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Telangana: Viral Fever Sweeps Through Villages in Nalgonda Dist

VIRAL FEVER GRIPS KARIMNAGAR
    eTelangana.org | Published: 7th October 2014 | Posted Date: Tuesday 7th October 2014 06:02 PM

KARIMNAGAR: As many as 30 people died of viral fever in various parts of Karimnagar district in the last 45 days and hundreds of people are reported to be suffering from the same currently.
    From September 1 to October 5, as many as 2,000 patients got admitted to the Chalmeda Institute of Medical Sciences. Another 1,500 underwent treatment in Pratima Institute of Medical Sciences. At the same time, the Karimnagar government hospital had 70 patients admitted to it everyday.
    Courtesy: deccanchronicle
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Telangana: Unidentified Fever outbreaks, 30+ fatalities

10 killed in 2 days due to Viral Fevers in Karimnagar - Tv9
      10 killed in 2 days due to Viral Fevers in Karimnagar. As many as 30 people died of viral fever in various parts of Karimnagar district in the last 45 days. Private hospitals are flooded with public, approaching them for treatment. Since the first week of September, both private and public hospitals witnessed admission of a large number of patients suffering from fevers.

Comment

But not ebola?? I assume they have ruled that out here?

Comment

I doubt if they have even tested for it. This is more likely to be a mixture of dengue or some viral diarrhoea agent or even influenza. Just another one of the outbreaks that kill hundreds of thousands of Indians each year.

Karimnagar is in the poorest third of Indian districts. Chances are there is no connection to West Africa. Only 40% have access to toilets, and in rural areas, only 17% have a permanent dwelling.

Comment

Working...
          X