Kyasanur Forest Disease 2014-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerala
    One Con KFD reported from WYD: Bairakuppa(Karnataka)
    http://dhs.kerala.gov.in/pdf2018/drcd_23032019.pdf
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Kerala
      One KFD Death reported from WYD: Sundaran 27/M DoD 23.3.2019,Begoor colony,Thirunelli.
      One KFD Case from WYD, Appappara,)

http://dhs.kerala.gov.in/pdf2018/drcd_24032019.pdf
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Tribal youth dies of monkey fever in Kozhikode
        DECCAN CHRONICLE.
        Published Mar 25, 2019, 2:40 am ISTUpdated Mar 25, 2019, 2:40 am IST

Six persons from the district are undergoing treatment for monkey fever at Medical College Hospital now.
        He had been undergoing treatment at the Medical College Hospital for the last few days. This is the first monkey fever death in the district after 2015, according to health officials.

Kozhikode: One person from Wayanad died due to Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), popularly known as Monkey fever, at Medical College Hospital here on Sunday. The deceased has been identified as Sundaran, 27, a native of Begur tribal settlement near Kattikkulam.

He had been undergoing treatment at the Medical College Hospital for the last few days. This is the first monkey fever death in the district after 2015, according to health officials.

Comment

Karnataka
          Man dies of KFD in Sagar Nrupathunga S K, DH News Service, Shivamogga , APR 01 2019, 22:49PM IST UPDATED: APR 01 2019, 23:07PM IST A man from Sagar taluk died of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) at KMC Hospital, Manipal, on Sunday. The disease ...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/m...ar-726435.html

Comment

Karnataka
            2 more succumb to monkey fever in Shivamogga, death toll now at 12
            Monkey fever or Kyasanur Forest Disease is spread by ticks infected with the virus, which can then transmit the virus to humans from other animals.
            Dr Nimeshika Jayachandran
            Monday, March 04, 2019 - 18:49

Shivamogga district in Karnataka has been fighting an aggressive battle with the tick-borne Kyasanur Forest Disease, or ?monkey fever,? for the past few months. On Saturday, a 38-year-old woman, Poornima S, succumbed to monkey fever, raising the current death toll of the disease to 12. Prior to this another resident of Shivamogga, 68-year-old Parshwanath Jain had succumbed to the fever on Friday.
            Shivamogga district in Karnataka has been fighting an aggressive battle with the tick-borne Kyasanur Forest Disease, or ‘monkey fever,’ for the past few months. On Saturday, a 38-year-old woman, Poornima S, succumbed to monkey fever, raising the current death toll of the disease to 12. Prior to this another resident of Shivamogga, 68-year-old Parshwanath Jain had succumbed to the fever on Friday. Parshwanath Jain and Poornima S had presented with symptoms of monkey fever, and were being treated at a private hospital in the district.

Comment

Kerala

KFD Death WYD: Sudheesh,23/m, D.o.D:28.4.2019, Appappara

Comment

Karnataka
                Monkey fever suspected in death at KMC Manipal

Mangalore Today News Network

Udupi, May 03, 2019: The human lives claimed by the deadly monkey fever or Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) is renewed further. A person lost his life to the disease within Aralagodu Primary Health Centre in the Taluk on May 1, Wednesday.

Monkey-fever.The deceased man is identified as Kariyappa (50) from Nandodi who breathed his last at KMC hospital in Manipal.
                The human lives claimed by the deadly monkey fever or Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) is renewed further.

Comment

TN/UDM/2019/17/0443 Tamil Nadu The Nilgris
                  Kyasanur
                  Forest
                  Disease
                  01 00 27-04-19 27-04-19 Under
                  Surveillance
                  Case reported from Village Amaikulam, HSC
                  Marapalam, UPHC Nelliyalam, Block Gudalur.
                  District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to
                  house survey done. 1 serum sample collected sent
                  to MCVR Gudalur GH; was positive for KFD
                  Positive. Symptomatic treatment given. Health
                  education given

MH/SIN/2019/18/0464 Maharashtra Sindhudurg KFD 01 case 01 fatality 29-04-19 30-04-19 Under
                  Surveillance
                  Case reported from Village Konashi, SC Asniye,
                  PHC Talkat, Block Dodamarg. 4 blood samples
                  from suspected persons were taken and all found
                  negative for Malaria at PHC Talkat and 1 sample
                  found positive for KFD at GMC Goa. Rapid
                  survey done. Larvicides were used. Health
                  education given. A 60 year old male died of illness

Comment

KFD in Karnataka: Experts call for new strategy in tackling monkey fever
                    OCTOBER 8, 2019 BY KEREAN WATTS LEAVE A COMMENT

Experts have called for Karnataka to formulate a new strategy in tackling Kyasanur forest disease (KFD) or ‘monkey fever’.

The disease, which is endemic in south Asia, made headlines at the beginning of this year following an outbreak in the Shivamogga district. Between November 2018 and April 2019, 342 KFD infections were reported in the district with twelve deaths.

KFD is caused by the Kyasanur forest disease virus (KFDV), which is spread to humans by tick bites or through contact with an infected animal, such as a monkey. At the time, lapses in protocol on the part of the state health department concerning vaccination were flagged. Vaccination against the KFDV should take place within ten kilometres of any known infected person or infected animal. Reports suggested that this did not occur, leading to the outbreak.

Comment

• Kerala
                      Monkey fever confirmed in Wayanad
                      Soon after the case was confirmed, the woman was shifted to the Kozhikode Government Medical College Hospital for further treatment.

Published: 03rd January 2020 06:37 AM | Last Updated: 03rd January 2020 06:37 AM | A+A A-
                      By Express News Service
                      KALPETTA: The Health department on Thursday confirmed a case of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) in Wayanad. Also known as monkey fever, the KFD is a viral disease transmitted to humans through a species of ticks usually found on monkeys.

A woman native to Bavali village in Wayanad was admitted to a government hospital here on December 26 with the symptoms of the disease -- high temperature, vomiting, neck pain, eye itching and headache. Samples collected from the patient were sent to the Manipal Centre for Virus Research, where it was confirmed as a case of KFD, informed the district medical officer.
                      KALPETTA: The Health department on Thursday confirmed a case of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) in Wayanad. Also known as monkey fever, the KFD is a viral disease

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	147
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	822720
                        Shivamogga, Jan 13(UNI) The dreaded Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) has claimed its first victim in this district of Karnataka.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	822802
                          Wayanad, Jan 14 (UNI) Two women in Appapara village, falling under this district, have been inflicted with Monkey fever, also known as Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), Health authorities confirmed here on Tuesday.

Comment

• Karnataka:
                            Click image for larger version

Views:	118
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	832664
                            Shivamogga, Feb 29 (UNI) A 64-year-old farmer from Honneghatige village in Siddapur taluk of Uttara Kannada district died of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), commonly known as monkey fever.

Comment

• From week 1 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l8...1583384078.pdf

KL
                              /WYN/2020/01/0011 Kerala Wayanad
                              Kyasanur
                              Forest
                              Disease
                              01 00 01-01-20 01-01-20 Under
                              Surveillance
                              Case reported from Village Thrisseleri, HSC
                              Bavali, PHC Appapara, Block Manathavady.
                              District RRT investigated the outbreak. Fever
                              surveillance conducted in the affected area. The
                              case was a 27y/F who developed fever and loose
                              stools. Her house is surrounded by coffee estate
                              and monkey deaths were reported from the same
                              area. A single sample collected and sent to
                              MCVR, Manipal was found positive for Kyasanur
                              Forest Disease by PCR. Case treated. KFD
                              vaccination campaign conducted in the affected
                              area. Tick surveillance conducted in all monkey
                              death reported areas. Health education given.

Comment

• From Week 9 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l8...1592202723.pdf

MH/SIN/2020/09/0195
                                Maharashtra
                                Sindudurng (Kudal)
                                Kyassanur Forest Disease
                                02 cases 01 fatalities 17-02-20 24-02-20 Under Surveillance
                                Cases reported from Padve Dhangar, SC Kalane,
                                PHC Morgaon, Taluk Dodamarg. District RRT
                                investigated the outbreak. State and District
                                NVBDCP officials were informed. The deceased
                                was a 70y/M. A total of 07 samples collected and
                                sent to NIV Pune result awaited. All cases treated.
                                Larvicidal measures and tick control measures
                                undertaken. Health education given.

Comment

Working...
                                X