• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 cases of KFD detected this year
    Posted by: nt April 5, 2018 in Goa News

NT NETWORK

PANAJI

A total of 50 cases of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) have been detected in Goa since January this year.

The disease is mostly limited to the Sattari taluka and none of the 50 cases was found to be critical. No death due to KFD has been reported.

Dr Utkarsh Betodkar, epidemiologist at the directorate of health services (DHS), said that areas like Casarvanem, Dharbandora, Betki, Madkai which were the worst-affected last year have witnessed zero cases this season. He said that this was the result of the intensified awareness carried out by the directorate of health services among villagers by conducting programmes on information, education and communication.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

MH/SIN/2018/12/364 Maharashtra
      Sindhudurg
      (Kudal)
      Kyasanur
      Forest Disease
      05 cases 02 fatalities 11-03-18 Under
      Surveillance
      Cases reported from Village Dongarpal. SC Netarde,
      PHC Banda, Taluk Sawantwadi. District RRT
      investigated the outbreak. House to house fever
      survey done. 18 samples tested at PHC Talkat were
      negative for Malaria. 05 samples sent to Manipal
      Laboratory, Udapi were positive for KFD. All cases
      treated symptomatically. Source reduction, larval
      survey and other vector control measures were done.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Goa
        Dip in KFD cases as vaccine drive bears fruit
        TNN | Apr 25, 2018, 08:42 IST

PANAJI: The vaccination drive by the directorate of health services (DHS) against Kyasanur forest disease (KFD), also known as monkey disease, seems to be bearing results, with the number of cases reported during the cashew season, especially from March-May, registering a significant dip.

State epidemologist Dr Utkarsh Betodkar said, this year, about 55 cases have been recorded since January, whereas in 2017, about 280 cases were detected, with the majority being reported during the cashew season extending from January to May.
        PANAJI: The vaccination drive by the directorate of health services (DHS) against Kyasanur forest disease (KFD), also known as monkey disease, seems t.

Comment

Goa
          57 KFD cases reported in Sattari this season
          14 JUN 201806:01AM IST

Team Herald

VALPOI: As many as 57 cases of KFD, also known monkey fever, were detected this season, while one person died of the fever, in Sattari taluka.
          Since last four years there has been an outbreak of monkey fever in Sattari which took the life of some villagers in the first two years. The fever was first detected in 2015 in Pali village, where the disease took the life of a person. The next year, the disease took the lives of three persons in the taluka.
          KFD season starts in November and lasts till May or till the start of rainy season.
          since last two year there is no mortality in Goa. We have maintained it to zero percent. This is because of early detection and good management by our doctors,? Dr Naik said.

Comment

Maharashtra
            30 cases, 2 fatal in Sawantwadi taluka this year. 440 cases with 22 deaths in Sindhudurg district between January 2016 and June 2018.

Read more at:

Comment

KARNATAKA
              Two new cases of Kyasanur Forest Disease in Sagar taluk
              STAFF REPORTER DECEMBER 15, 2018 01:03 IST
              UPDATED: DECEMBER 15, 2018 01:03 IST

Both patients are on the path to recovery
              Two positive cases of Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD), also known as monkey fever have been reported from Aralagodu Gram Panchayat limits in Sagar taluk in the past week.

Kiran S.K., Field Medical Officer of KFD, told The Hindu that the blood samples of a 40-year-old woman and a 29-year-old man from Aralagodu have tested positive for KFD. Both were admitted to McGann Hospital, a government hospital attached to Shivamogga Institute of Medical Sciences, for treatment and were on the path to recovery. Their health is being closely monitored, he said.

Comment

Karnataka
                Villager admitted to hospital, KFD suspected
                Posted by Edward Rupert on January 2, 2019 at 9:04 am
                SHIVAMOGGA: A 40-year-old man in Aralagodu in Sagar taluk has been admitted to a hospital f ollowing suspicion that he is infected with the deadly Kyasanur forest disease(KFD). This is the third case of suspected KFD reported from the same in the last 15 days.
                Lokaraj was first taken to McGaan District Hospital and later shifted to KMC Hospital in following high fever. His condition is said to be critical. KFD special officer Dr said that the patient?s blood sample has been sent to a Bengaluru lab and the report is awaited.
                Walmart return policy allows you to return most of the items purchased at Walmart.com within 90 days. Walmart is accepting returns now.

Comment

Kerala
                  One Confirmed KFD case reported from WYD: FHC Appapara Suresh 36
                  One Suspected KFD case repoted from WYD: FHC Appapara Suresh 27

Comment

Kerala
                    One Sus: KFD Reported from WYD(Mullamkolli)
                    http://dhs.kerala.gov.in/pdf2018/drcd_01022019.pdf

Comment

From week 1 IDSP report:

KN/SHI/2019/01/33 Karnataka Shivamogga
                      Kyasanur
                      Forest Disease 17 cases 06 fatalities 14-12-18 Under
                      Control
                      Cases reported from Village Mandavalli, Kenchikeri,
                      Marabidi, Valemakki, Avinahalli, PHC/CHC Aralagodu,
                      Taluk Sagar. District RRT investigated the outbreak. House
                      to house survey done. 131 Blood Sample sent to NIV Pune,
                      24 Monkey specimens sent to pune. Out of 131 blood
                      samples 17 cases found positive for KFD. All cases treated
                      symptomatically. Health education given.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	41
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	808344

Comment

Suspected KFD fatality from Manipal, Karnataka.

Comment

From Week 4 IDSP report: https://idsp.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/042019.pdf

KL/WYN/2019/04/0100 Kerala Wayand
                            Kyasanur
                            Forest Disease
                            02 00 23-01-19 Under
                            Surveillance
                            Cases reported from Villages Thirunelli, Thrisseleri, SC
                            Aranapara and Bavali, PHC Appapara, Block Manathavady.
                            District RRT investigated the outbreak. House to house
                            survey done. 2 serum samples collected and sent to MCVR
                            were positive for KFD virus (PCR Positive). Surveillance of
                            monkey death surrounding 2 Km of affected area was carried
                            out. 350 doses of KFD vaccine procured from Shimoga and
                            vaccination done in the affected area. Tick surveillance done
                            in monkey death reported areas and collected ticks were send
                            to NIV Pune; result awaited. BB emulsion distributed in
                            affected area. All cases treated symptomatically. Health
                            education given.

Comment

Monkey fever: Maharashtra reports 2 deaths, 26 infected in Sindhudurg
                              Monkey Fever has killed two people in Maharashtra in the first two months of 2019 ? a major cause for concern for the state health machinery. The viral infection, a tick-borne haemorrhagic fever, also known as Kyasanur Forest Disease (KDF), is said to have spread from Karnataka where it has claimed over 14 lives since January 1.
                              MUMBAI Updated: Mar 15, 2019 14:28 IST
                              Sadaguru Pandit

Hindustan Times, Mumbai

Monkey Fever has killed two people in Maharashtra in the first two months of 2019 ? a major cause for concern for the state health machinery. The viral infection, a tick-borne haemorrhagic fever, also known as Kyasanur Forest Disease (KDF), is said to have spread from Karnataka where it has claimed over 14 lives since January 1.

In Maharashtra, KFD is limited to two talukas of Sindhudurg district ? Sawantwadi and Dodamarg. Since 2016, when it was first reported in the state, the infection has killed 24 people and infected 465. This year, 26 cases have been reported. State health officials said they are planning to vaccinate over 78,000 people in the affected areas to prevent its spread.
                              Monkey Fever has killed two people in Maharashtra in the first two months of 2019 – a major cause for concern for the state health machinery. The viral infection, a tick-borne haemorrhagic fever, also known as Kyasanur Forest Disease (KDF), is said to have spread from Karnataka where it has claimed over 14 lives since January 1.

Comment

Kerala
                                One KFD Case reported from WYD: (Appapara)

Comment

Working...
                                X