• Show
Clear All

• India Dengue 2013

Link to 2012 thread; http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=179711

machine translated, Tamil Nadu

Dengue kills a girl in Dharmapuri
    Concepts
    02:46:46 Tuesday2013-01-01

Dharmapuri: Dharmapuri District, annacakaram shed next errankattu Arjuna's wife Shanti (45). A week before he suffered a series of fever. He said dengue fever was confirmed in a private hospital in celat. He was given intensive treatment. The treatment palaninri Shanti died yesterday evening.

Mystery fever kills seller: tankacami from Tirunelveli District Estates (58) received treatment at a private hospital after suffering from fever. Tirunelveli Medical College after he was admitted to the hospital died yesterday night.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: India Dengue 2013

TAMIL NADU
    RAMANATHAPURAM
    Dengue Thiruvadanai, S.P.Pattinam, S.P.Pattinam, S.P.Pattinam 14 0 24/12/2012 2013-01-03 16:35:18 9260 Drinking water Supply from Cauveri Kootu kudineer Thittam and Well water in the village. The well which is situtated 2 KMs away from S.P.Pattinam supplying drinking water is not covered. Chances of Contamination by Human being by ways of Anal wash and bathing. Poor sanitation in the village. Water storage practices in the village for Cistern pot and sump. 14 Blood Smears and 5 Serums samples sent to IDSP Lab, Ramnad. Result : 1 Dengue ve, 1 Typhoid ve Medical Team Deployed. Chlorination in 2 wells, 1 OHT and Sump of Kauvery Koottu Kudineer Thittam done. Anti Larval work, Fogging operation, Health Education are going on. The village is under Vigil. Tab. Cipro 500 mg BD for cases and Contact above 14 years of Age. Tab. Paracetamol tds. ORS Solution. Tab. Septran BD below 14 years for cases and Contact. Investigation Open -

Dengue Kadaladi, Uchinatham, Kondunallan Patty, Kondunallan Patty 17 0 24/12/2012 2013-01-03 16:38:01 847 Each house having storage water in the Cistern and Drums. H I of Ades is 20. This storage of water mainly for Cattles. 17 Blood smear and 5 Serum samples sent to IVCZ Hozur. Result : 1 Dengue ve Medical Team Deployed. Larvicidal and Fogging operation are going on from 3 days onwards. OHT Cleaning and other Public Health Activities are carried out. Chlorination was done. Tab. Doxy 100 mg BD for 10 days and Tab. Chlorquine 1 tds and Tab. Paracetamol for cases Investigation Open -

Dengue Kamuthi, Perunzhi, Kadamangalam, Kadamangalam 25 0 24/12/2012 2013-01-03 16:41:30 750 The village supplied by one OHT 2000 Ltr Capacity and 2 Open wells for drinking purpose. The people derived drinking water mainly from Well. The OHT not cleaned so many years. The Wells are also open and chances are contamination are more. Both water sources not chlorinated. No habit of boiling of Drinking water. Sanitation Poor. Entomologically HI For Ades are 20 among 515 houses. Serum samples result came as 3 Dengue 2 Typhoid Positive. Clinical Symptoms ? Adults are involved both the sex equally affected Fever with Mygia and Bone Breaking Pain, Joint pain with swelling 25 Blood Smear and 8 Serum samples. Serum samples sent to Microbiogy MMC, Madurai. Result : 3 Dengue, 2 Typhoid ve. Medical Team Deployed. Larvicidal and Fogging operation are going on from 24.12.12 onwards. OHT Cleaning and other Public Health Activities are carried out. Chlorination was done. Investigation Open -

MAHARASHTRA
    AHMEDNAGAR
    Dengue Village Takli Manur,PHC Pimpalgaon Tappa, Block . Pathardi 12 0 24/12/2012 2013-01-03 15:19:55 490 Increase in Mosquito Density Sentinal centre ,Nagar,2sample dengue ve Quick Container Surveillance, Fogging Investigation Closed

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Three more die of dengue fever
      By Umesh Isalkar, TNN | Jan 4, 2013, 04.29 AM IST

PUNE: The Pune Municipal Corporation has registered four more deaths due to mosquito borne infections on January 3. Among them, three died of dengue fever and one of malaria, at different hospitals in the city in November and December. The deaths were reported to the civic body late by the hospitals concerned, a civic health official said. With this, the dengue death toll in the city has gone up to 15 since August 2012.

"We will send the detailed medical history of all the four deaths to the Death Review Committee at the state level. They will decide whether the real cause of death was mosquito borne infection or something else," said S T Pardeshi, medical officer of health (MoH), PMC.

Comment

machine translated, Tamil Nadu.

Dengue fever: Youth killed
        ANI - 16 hours ago

World 5-1-2013
        16 hours ago
        R.. S.. Mangalam: Ramanathapuram District R. S.. Mankalat பாதிக்கபட்டிருந்த Youth killed by dengue fever. R.. S.. Mangalam R. MK. Satish Bhaskaran son of street, 23. He completed his undergraduate work suffered from dengue fever. Madurai admitted to the hospital, he died yesterday night.

Comment

Maharashtra
          NASHIK
          Suspected Dengue Block: Malegaon, PHC- Chinchohal, SC- Devarpada, Village- Devarpada. 39 cases 2 deaths 30/12/2012 2013-01-07 12:05:03 2544 1. Index case has developed symptom of fever and abdominal pain on 23122012 took treatment from private hospital &died on 301212. 2. As per Field investigation finding suggest of Irregular Fever and container surveillance in affected village. 3. Scarcity of water in affected village leading to long storage practices which result in increased in Container Index: 11.2, House Index: 10.2 Brateu Index:13.3 4. Entomological investigation is necessory in affected village and in the block to find out the exact cause of virus transmission in the village. 5 Blood serum sample collected & sent to Dhule Medical college. Result Awaited. 1. Emergency Medical Unit in Sub centre. 2. Active Fever Surveillance: Regular House to house rapid active fever surveillance as per case definition. 3. Container Surveillance: Regular House to house container surveillance & immediate antilarval measures .Compulsory Dry Day once in week. 4. Fogging by Pyrethrum 2% in affected area. 5. Health Education & IEC activities: For awareness regarding personal protective & environmental preventive measures. . 6. Local gram panchayat warned for maintaining cleanliness and various measures for mosquito control. Investigation Open 12 Fever on 4012013

Tamil Nadu, machine translated.
          Sympathy on the death of dengue fever korattur the school girl
          Recording time :2013-01-08 09:51:07
          Everyday floral nail art

Avadi,: korattur student succumbing to dengue fever that has caused fear among the population.
          *Cattiyanarayanan road from the station and near Ambattur korattur. His wife Ambika. Their daughter kavimalar (14). The private school came in the 9 th grade reading.
          *Fever for the past few days ago there was kavimalar. Added in the private hospital in the body. The flu does not get treated.
          *In this case, the blood test was kavimalar. It turned out to be dengue fever. However, the Government General Hospital in Chennai added yesterday. Treatment palaninri yesterday morning when he died kavimalar. Dengue fever is caused sorrow in korattur died, succumbing to the school.
          *Ambattur, korattur, jeje. Nagar, patikkuppam, mukapper people with symptoms of dengue fever in the area tending to treatment in private hospitals. Therefore, the spread of dengue fever have Ambattur Regional health authorities are urging the public to take serious action.

Comment

machine translated;
            School children victims of dengue fever
            Posted by: Essaki Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 14:32 [IST]

Madurai, Tamil Nadu, three high school students dengue fever victims incident, they said. Tirunelveli District Tenkasi near pavur cattirat the melapavur road vacittuvarupavar Narayanan ivaratumakan haripiracat dengue fever due to the Tirunelveli district hospital அனுமதிக்கபட்டிருந்தான் yesterday night he died. Virudhunagar girl killed in Virudhunagar district rocalpatti பஞ்சாயத்திற்குட்பட்ட 7th Ward vauci, street belonged rajakopalan daughter Nandini. for the past one week, the fever was diagnosed. they treat child Madurai government hospital allowed., where intensive treatment palaninri he died . a dengue infection was found. Namakkal in the series killed Namakkal District, paramatti Vellore, Ninth Ward of motor mechanic mind. His son matesvaran, age -10, there is a school in the fifth grade reading it., two days before the fever-affected matesvaran, Vellore in state hospital, the treatment has been approved., where the experiment, the boy matesvaran to the dengue fever was confirmed. Delft, melcikiccai for Salem Mohan Kumaramankalam Government General hospital. however, boy matesvaran given treatment palaninri, Thursday, died. same area, a few weeks ago, two children dengue died of fever. Namakkal district in the same area, children, continue to be affected by dengue kaycal, the region puts people in fear.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/news/2013/0...tn-167877.html

Comment

College student killed near pennatam mysterious fever

Registration date: Jan 13 | 07:28 pm
              Pennatam

College student

Kilmankalattai of pennatam kolanci near Cuddalore district. His son Veeramani (age 25). He P Chidambaram Annamalai University. Edwin was reading. In the case of a fever last month Puvanakiri Veeramani received treatment at the primary health centers. Veeramani was கீழ்மங்கலத்திற்கு totantu hometown last month.

Persistent fever

After returning home yesterday from a private hospital in Kumbakonam Yahoo! Answers died suddenly. The private hospital has been affected by dengue fever Veeramani said the party's relatives said Veeramani.

Dengue Fever?

There was great tension in the region. He died on the spot information about the health inspector cellakkannu Veeramani's parents went to trial.

Assistant Superintendent of Nallur and regional health director Srinivasa took on the last trial.

Comment

PUDUCHERRY
                PONDICHERRY
                Dengue Kosapalayam, Mettupalayam, Ariyankuppam, Lawspet,Gorimedu, Ariyur, Odiansalai, Reddiyarpalayam, Kalapet, Sedurapet. 20 0 01/01/2013 2013-01-18 10:56:36 106802 1.Fever 2.Body pain Sample - Blood Serume, No.of Samples - 220, No.of Postives - 20, GH, JIPMER and MNC 1.Larva Control Activities 2. Fogging Operation 3.Daily Fever Surveillance 4.Health Education Investigation by RRT Investigation Open Department of HealthIDSP are taking all steps to curtail any outnreak.

Comment

Tamil Nadu:

TIRUNELVELI, January 21, 2013
                  Sporadic dengue cases reported in Nellai district

Leading hospitals receive minimum of five patients in a week
                  : After claiming more than forty lives in Tirunelveli district during the previous outbreak in the first quarter last year, dengue has reared its ugly head again in the city with almost all leading hospitals here receiving a minimum of five dengue patients every week.

Though the latest outbreak has not resulted in any death so far, the disease has triggered panic among the public. The fear has increased manifold as anti-mosquito operations, carried out by the Corporation, have come to a grinding halt.

The previous outbreak, which initially had its ?epicentre? at Kadayanallur in March last, later moved around at its will to shook the entire district, including the areas falling under the Tirunelveli Corporation to trigger a massive influx of patients with dengue symptoms.

Comment

Maharashtra:

Dengue claims Khadki woman
                    TNN | Jan 22, 2013, 07.28 AM IST

PUNE: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has confirmed one more dengue death in the city, with the death of a 29-year-old woman at KEM hospital four days ago.

"The woman, who died of dengue shock syndrome, is not a resident of Pune city," a health official said.

The victim is a resident of Khadki cantonment. "She developed symptoms like fever with chills, pain in abdomen, body ache and nausea. She was treated at a private hospital in Khadki, from where she was referred to the KEM hospital. She had tested positive for dengue antibody test - IgG and IgM," the PMC official said.
                    The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has confirmed one more dengue death in the city, with the death of a 29-year-old woman at KEM hospital four days

Comment

Maharashtra

33-year-old dies of dengue
                      Express news service : Wed Jan 23 2013, 01:40 hrs

A 33-year-old man from Kharadi who developed fever with chills on January 6 died due to dengue haemorrhagic fever on January 17. Blood samples sent to the National Institute of Virology (NIV) confirmed dengue. Dr S T Pardeshi, acting chief medical officer of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) said that the number of cases had waned since November.

Comment

Dengue death figure fudged: report
                        By Prithvijit Mitra, TNN | Jan 25, 2013, 02.57 AM IST

KOLKATA: A citizens' report on environment and health, compiled by an NGO, has indicated that the dengue death figure in the state last year was fudged. It has also mentioned that the actual number affected by the mosquito-borne virus was never disclosed and would be much higher than 2033, the official figure according to the state health department website. Only 11 people succumbed to dengue in 2012, as per official records.
                        "Even though the official figure of death is just 11, the situation on the ground suggests that it is much higher. Hospital records and area-wise surveys indicate that the number is at least three times more. Media reports, too, support the claim. While we have mentioned that the figure is a disputed one, it is unfortunate that the Union health ministry has accepted it," said environmentalist A K Ghosh, who led the study. The state health department, on the other hand, said the figure was beyond doubt. and the fact that it has been accepted by the Union health ministry was validation enough.
                        A citizens' report on environment and health, compiled by an NGO, has indicated that the dengue death figure in the state last year was fudged.

Corporation again sweeps dengue under carpet
                        By Christin Mathew Philip | Jan 25, 2013, 03.29 AM IST

CHENNAI: Soon after an eight-year-old girl was diagnosed with dengue at a private hospital in Adambakkam on Monday, corporation health officials descended on the place to ask the parents not to disclose to anyone that it was a case of dengue.

No wonder then the civic body has registered just one case of dengue in the city this year, though TOI on Thursday found that at least six cases were registered in the hospital where the eight-year-old was treated in the past one week.
                        Adambakkam on Monday, corporation health officials descended on the place to ask the parents not to disclose to anyone that it was a case of dengue.

Comment

Lineage shift in Indian strains of Dengue virus serotype-3 (Genotype III), evidenced by detection of lineage IV strains in clinical cases from Kerala

Local epidemiology of Dengue is defined by the genetic diversity of the circulating Dengue virus (DENV) strains. This important information is not available for the virus strains from most parts of the Indian subcontinent.

The present study focused on the genetic diversity of the serotype 3 DENV strains (DENV-3) from India.

Results: A total of 22 DENV-3 strains identified by reverse-transcription PCR analysis of serum samples from 709 patients were studied. These samples were collected over a period of 4 years (2008--2011) from dengue fever suspected patients from Kerala, a dengue endemic state in South India.

Comparison of a 1740bp nucleotide sequence of the viral Capsid-Pre-membrane-Envelope coding region of our strains and previously reported DENV-3 strains from India, South Asia and South America revealed non-synonymous substitutions that were genotype III-specific as well as sporadic. Evidence of positive selection was detected in the I81 amino acid residue of the envelope protein.

Out of the 22 samples, three had I81A and 18 had I81V substitutions. In the phylogenetic analysis by maximum likelihood method the strains from Kerala clustered in two different lineages (lineage III and IV) within genotype III clade of DENV-3 strains.

The ten strains that belonged to lineage IV had a signature amino acid substitution T219A in the envelope protein. Interestingly, all these strains were found to be closely related to a Singapore strain GU370053 isolated in 2007.

Conclusions: Our study identifies for the first time the presence of lineage IV strains in the Indian subcontinent.

Results indicate the possibility of a recent exotic introduction and also a shift from the existing lineage III strains to lineage IV. Lineage shifts in DENV-3 strains have been attributed to dramatic increase in disease severity in many parts of the world.

Hence the present observation could be significant in terms of the clinical severity of future dengue cases in the region.

Author: Anoop ManakkadanIype JosephRaji Rajendran PrasannaRiaz Ismail kunjuLalitha KailasEaswaran Sreekumar
                          Credits/Source: Virology Journal 2013, 10:37

Full paper available as open access provisional PDF here; http://www.virologyj.com/content/10/1/37/abstract

Comment

Dengue claims one more
                            TNN | Feb 1, 2013, 05.19 AM IST

PUNE: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) confirmed one more dengue death on Thursday - that of a 30-year-old man from Warje who died of multi-organ failure following dengue shock syndrome at a private hospital on January 30.

This is the third death due to dengue confirmed by the PMC this month.
                            Earlier, a 29-year-old woman had died of dengue shock syndrome on January 16 and a 33-year-old man had died due to dengue haemorrhagic fever on January 17.
                            The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) confirmed one more dengue death on Thursday - that of a 30-year-old man from Warje who died of multi-organ failur

Comment

MADHYA PRADESH
                              BHOPAL
                              Dengue (confirmed) Tagore Nagar, Bhopal 1 0 27/01/2013 2013-02-01 12:09:35 0 On Process ELISA Dengue Positive found on 29.01.2013 On Process Investigation Open

Comment

Working...
                              X