Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India Encephalitis 2012: 1,486 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,370 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis claimed two more
    Nov 22, 06:46 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in Purvanchal and deaths continues to recruit patients. BRD Medical College in the last twenty-four hours in two innocents were killed while three new patients were admitted.
    Two people died and five years of Kushinagar them kindness and Deoria include the twelve-year-old Yasmin. Those who were admitted to Gorakhpur, Deoria and Sntkbirnagr of the individual patient. Medical College from January 2460 till this year have arrived to treat patients of whom 497 have died.
    The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,372 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Nov 24, 07:21 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in eastern Uttar Pradesh and deaths continues to recruit patients. Medical College in the last twenty-four hours two innocents were killed while two new patients were admitted.
      Two people died and fourteen-year-old Rupa them to Gorakhpur and Kushinagar include two years of wind. Those who were admitted to Kushinagar and Siddharth - a patient. Nehru admitted 61 patients are being treated in hospital. This year, from January till the last patient enrolled in medical school in 2462, of which 499 have died.
      The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,374 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

This brings the state toll to 566 - Ro

Encephalitis death of one of
        Nov 27, 07:27 pm

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis and death continues to recruit patients. In the last twenty-four hours at BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur Tarun died thirteen years of the colony and Siddharth - a patient admitted.
        Nehru, 48 patients are being treated in hospital. This year, from January till the last patient enrolled in medical school in 2469, while 501 have been killed.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,376 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

JHARKHAND
          EAST SINGHBHUM
          Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (confirmed) Cases of suspected JE reported from Harish colony of Mango under PHC Golmuri & Jugsalai & village Bango under PHC Potka of East Singhbhum District. Other two cases reported from Village-Palubera which situated under District Saraikela Kharswan. 1 0 23/11/2012 2012-11-29 15:01:40 25000 As we informed DMO of Saraikela Kharswan district,that one positive case belong to their distric & take control measure of fogging & antilarva activity. 4 Samples collected & send to MGM Medical college Dimna for Elisa testing Out of 4 only one tested positive for IgM (JE). Yes. As we informed DMO of Saraikela Kharswan district,that one positive case belong to their distric & take control measure of fogging & antilarva activity. Investigation Open We provide Line list of positive JE case to DMO & DSO of Saraikela Kharswan District for immediate action & control activity.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,376 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

latest report from the NVBDCP; http://nvbdcp.gov.in/Doc/je-aes-cd-2012.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	AESJE.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	660017

The data shown above is a little different from that recorded in this thread. Our fatality figure for Uttar Pradesh stands at 566, Bihar at 299, Gujarat has recorded 8 fatal cases and Maharashtra has now recorded 24. Recent outbreaks in Rajasthan and Odisha caused 5 and 28 deaths respectively. The FT total stands at 1,376 fatal cases.

Comment

The Board will take 75 thousand children with JE vaccine
              Updated on: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:19 AM (IST)

Gorakhpur: Gorakhpur on the board to prevent Japanese Encephalitis vaccination campaign will run from December. Total 75 120 16 to 24 months will be vaccinated. The preparations have been completed.

According to the Director of Health, Dr AK Pandey Additional major vaccination campaign for children and has already been Cinhit list has been drawn up. Required for vaccination vaccine has been made available to all districts.

Gorakhpur district, 14 417, 8288 in Deoria, Kushinagar and Maharajganj 12529 39 886 children to be vaccinated.

All districts in the action plan is being drawn to the relevant age
              * Any child can not miss class. India's new direction - directions
              * According to the vaccine to children aged sixteen to twenty-four months
              * Are to be provided by the health department for vaccination of children from two to fifteen years the list has been drawn up.

Thereafter, the certificate will be verified by the Regional Supervisor. The vaccination campaign is the department's highest priority program, its implementation will be taken seriously in any type of procrastination. He appealed to the people to immunize their children.

Updated on: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 07:45 PM (IST)

Gorakhpur: deaths from encephalitis in Purvanchal continues. In the last twenty-four hours the patient was admitted to the Medical College of Siddharth two children, were killed.

Two people died in Deoria them twelve, thirteen-year-old Sapphire and Bihar worship. Nehru admitted 42 patients are being treated in hospital. This year, from January till the last patient enrolled in medical school in 2481, of which 505 have been killed already.

After all did not get the vaccine from China
              Updated on: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:01 PM (IST)

Gorakhpur: Purvanchal became the innocent for the period starting on Saturday to prevent Japanese Encephalitis vaccination has been deferred. Gorakhpur, Basti, Azamgarh and Devipatn fourteen districts of the Board denied vaccination for children under sixteen to twenty-four months to four million vaccines are needed. Despite persistent efforts of the center at the last moment to get the vaccine from China were made.

In years past Purvanchal Given the havoc of Japanese Encephalitis in December, it was decided to run a special JE vaccination campaign. The sixteen to twenty-four months left in the year 2010 as well as the innocent children deprived of the campaign was planned to be vaccinated. Campaign three days of the week, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday had to be carried out simultaneously with routine vaccination. The man gave Maikroplan. All employees of the Department of Health had also alerted to the Directorate suddenly not getting the vaccine were reported. The Facial - hurriedly issued instructions to the concerned districts were being suspended vaccination.

Four of the board's four and Devipatn Gorakhpur - Basti and Azamgarh four and three - three districts combined total of fourteen districts, it had to be special operations. According to the Department of Health was initially estimated that ten to fifteen million vaccines will work. List began to appear when it reached number four million.

Njita campaign had to be postponed. The director of the state about Dr. MK Gupta Encephalitis vaccination preparations were completed.

-------------------

Months was getting ready to plan

Gorakhpur. Saturday fourteen districts of the state in which the vaccination campaign was started months before his plans were in the making. According to Dr. AK Pandey Additional Director Health Board Gorakhpur October
              * Gorakhpur, Director General of Health in this regard came on tour
              * Prepared were instructed to start campaign from December, when the operation was postponed at the last moment instructions The.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,380 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Bihar
                Anti-encephalitis campaign likely to be extended
                By Abdul Qadir, TNN | Dec 3, 2012, 03.49 AM IST

GAYA: With less than 25% of the target achieved in the first nine days of the three-week campaign for 100 percent immunization against Japanese Encephalitis (JE), the deadly disease, that took an epidemic form in Gaya district in 2011, the campaign period is likely to be extended as the target of immunizing all the 22 lakh plus children in 1-15 age group in the districts of Gaya and Aurangabad has hit initial roadblocks.

No less than 94 children, almost all of them belonging to the Mahadalit group, died due to encephalitis at ANMMCH, Gaya, alone and more than 200 others, who survived the disease, ended up with near permanent mental and physical disabilities.
                With less than 25% of the target achieved in the first nine days of the three-week campaign for 100 percent immunization against Japanese Encephalitis

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,380 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Encephalitis and death from
                  Updated on: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:41 PM (IST)

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis deaths and continues to recruit patients. In the past two days, the confluence of five years in medical school Kushinagar died and three new patients were admitted.

Nehru Hospital, 42 patients are being treated now. So far this year from January 2483, of which 506 have access to treatment, the patient died.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,381 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Odisha
                    Three more suspected encephalitis deaths

Three more deaths of children suspected to have been caused by encephalitis were reported from Malkangiri district. According to Chief District Medical Officer, Sashi Bhusan Panda, the official death toll of children due to suspected encephalitis rose to 31. But private reports put the death toll above 50.

The recent deaths were reported from Korkunda block. As per data, a three-year-old girl child died at Puruna Orkel on Nov 30. A one-and-a-half-year old boy also died in the same area a day after. On Dec 2, a three-year-old girl of Pramilapadar village died. Massive vector control measures were initiated in the region.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,384 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

The figure of 514 deaths in Gorakhpur is 8 more than the previous report on Dec 3rd two posts above - Ro

Gorakhpur: Encephalitis in Purvanchal and deaths continues to recruit patients. In the last two days, three new patients admitted in medical school, while pre-recruitment, killing six innocent. Nehru admitted 32 patients are being treated in hospital.

Among the six people who died two years Happy Gorakhpur, Deoria the
                      twelve-year and five-year-old patient Himanshu, sixteen years of Kushinagar
                      Nisha, township fifteen months Wasim and Bihar seven-year-old Sony TV. Those who were admitted to Gorakhpur, Siddharthnagar and Maharajganj the individual patient. Since January this year in medical school 2491 patients have been admitted for treatment of whom 514 have died.

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,392 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Karnataka -
                        Three Japanese encephalitis cases detected in Dakshina Kannada district
                        By Stanley Pinto, TNN | Dec 8, 2012, 05.59 AM IST

MANGALORE: A mosquito-borne disease that is believed to be eradicated decades back has made a dramatic come back in the district. Three cases of Japanese encephalitis (JE) have been reported, two in Mangalore taluk and one in Bantwal taluk. District health officials asserted these were isolated cases and there was no need for panic.

District malaria officer Arun Kumar said, "Three cases were reported in the district - one each in Kalladka of Bantawl Taluk and Katipalla and Bajpe in Mangalore taluk. Adequate preventive measures have been taken after the cases were reported in the areas. It does not look like a (outbreak) situation.''

Comment

• Re: India Encephalitis 2012: 1,392 deaths - Outbreaks in Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh & West Bengal

Centre ?cancels? mop-up round for JE vaccine, state says process delayed
                          SURBHI KHYATI,Surbhi Khyati
                          Posted: Dec 09, 2012 at 0352 hrs IST

Lucknow The month-long mop-up round for Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine, which was slated to start from December 1 in JE-affected districts of the state, has been refused permission by the Government of India on technical grounds.
                          While the state government, claims that the campaign has been postponed, central government officials claim that after two rounds of special immunisation drive against the disease, there is no need of another ?campaign?, but rather for strengthening the routine immunisation (RI) which already includes JE vaccination.
                          Gearing up for the campaign, health officials of the state had already prepared the list of children between 16 and 24 months, as well as those up to 15 years, who were to be covered in the immunisation campaign. The mop-up round was to be held from December 1 to 31.
                          ?A vaccination campaign is a technical decision. Uttar Pradesh already had two rounds of JE vaccination campaign in the years 2006 and 2010-11. After the campaigns, the vaccine is regularly being administered in the routine immunisation round for the new born babies. The need is to strengthen the routine immunisation of the state and improve the coverage rather than another round of vaccine campaign,? explained Dr Pradeep Haldar, Deputy Commissioner, Immunisation, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.

Comment

A second Japanese encephalitis strain is circulating in India
                            Archita Bhatta
                            11 December 2012 | EN

[NEW DELHI] Researchers in West Bengal have reported a second strain of the Japanese Encephalitis Virus (JEV) circulating in the eastern Indian state.

According to a study published online in Virology Journal, last month (15 November), the researchers confirmed genotype I (GI) of JEV coexisting with the predominant genotype III (GIII) strain in over a quarter of 135 patients hospitalised for acute encephalitis syndrome.

The GI strain was first detected in India three years ago in the Gorakhpur area of the northern state of Uttar Pradesh.

Led by Shyamalendu Chatterjee at the virus unit of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in Kolkata, the researchers have now confirmed the GI strain in the samples of blood, and fluid from brain and spinal column, of patients admitted to government hospitals in eight West Bengal districts between July and December 2010.

Short report
                            Molecular evidence for the occurrence of Japanese encephalitis virus genotype I and III infection associated with acute Encephalitis in Patients of West Bengal, India, 2010
                            Arindam Sarkar, Debjani Taraphdar, Subhra Kanti Mukhopadhyay, Sekhar Chakrabarti and Shyamalendu Chatterjee
                            For all author emails, please log on.
                            Virology Journal 2012, 9:271 doi:10.1186/1743-422X-9-271
                            Published: 15 November 2012

Abstract (provisional)
                            Background
                            Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV), a mosquito-borne zoonotic pathogen, is the sole etiologic agent of Japanese Encephalitis (JE); a neurotropic killer disease which is one of the major causes of viral encephalitis worldwide with prime public health concern. JE was first reported in the state of West Bengal, India in 1973. Since then it is being reported every year from different districts of the state, though the vaccination has already been done. Therefore, it indicates that there might be either partial coverage of the vaccine or the emergence of mutated/new strain of JEV. Considering this fact, to understand the JEV genotype distribution, we conducted a molecular epidemiological study on a total of 135 serum/cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) samples referred and/or collected from the clinically suspected patients with Acute encephalitis syndrome (AES), admitted in different district hospitals of West Bengal, India, 2010.

Findings

JEV etiology was confirmed in 36/135 (26.6%) and 13/61 (21.3%) 2--15 days' febrile illness samples from AES cases by analyzing Mac-ELISA followed by RT-PCR test respectively. Phylogenetic analysis based on complete envelope gene sequences of 13 isolates showed the emergence of JEV genotype I (GI), co-circulating with genotype III (GIII).

Conclusion
                            This study represents the first report of JEV GI with GIII, co-circulating in West Bengal. The efficacy of the vaccine (derived from JEV GIII strain SA-14-14-2) to protect against emerging JEV GI needs careful evaluation. In future, JE outbreak is quite likely in the state, if this vaccine fails to protect sufficiently against GI of JEV.

The complete article is available as a provisional PDF. The fully formatted PDF and HTML versions are in production.

Background Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV), a mosquito-borne zoonotic pathogen, is the sole etiologic agent of Japanese Encephalitis (JE); a neurotropic killer disease which is one of the major causes of viral encephalitis worldwide with prime public health concern. JE was first reported in the state of West Bengal, India in 1973. Since then it is being reported every year from different districts of the state, though the vaccination has already been done. Therefore, it indicates that there might be either partial coverage of the vaccine or the emergence of mutated/new strain of JEV. Considering this fact, to understand the JEV genotype distribution, we conducted a molecular epidemiological study on a total of 135 serum/cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) samples referred and/or collected from the clinically suspected patients with Acute encephalitis syndrome (AES), admitted in different district hospitals of West Bengal, India, 2010. Findings JEV etiology was confirmed in 36/135 (26.6%) and 13/61 (21.3%) 2–15 days’ febrile illness samples from AES cases by analyzing Mac-ELISA followed by RT-PCR test respectively. Phylogenetic analysis based on complete envelope gene sequences of 13 isolates showed the emergence of JEV genotype I (GI), co-circulating with genotype III (GIII). Conclusion This study represents the first report of JEV GI with GIII, co-circulating in West Bengal. The efficacy of the vaccine (derived from JEV GIII strain SA-14-14-2) to protect against emerging JEV GI needs careful evaluation. In future, JE outbreak is quite likely in the state, if this vaccine fails to protect sufficiently against GI of JEV.

Comment

BIHAR
                              ARWAL
                              J.E KALER,KALER,KALER M-8294496 1 0 07/09/2012 2012-12-12 14:06:51 500 J.E POSITIVE JE CONFIRM BY PMCH PATNA CONTROL Investigation Closed NO

Comment

4 more die of JE; death count touches 581
                                Gorakhpur | Friday, Dec 7 2012 IST

The toll due to mosquito-borne Japanese Encephalitis today climbed to 581, following the death of four more children at Baba Raghav Das Medical College here. According to health department sources, the four people, who fell prey to JE in the last 24 hours, hailed from Kushinagar, Basti, Deoria and Bihar. Since January 1 this year, 3481 people have been admitted to various hospitals, of whom 581 died. One fresh JE case has come to fore at Baba Raghav Das Medical College in the last 24 hours. JE patients from Nepal and Bihar state also came here for treatment this year. Of the 296 JE patients from Bihar, 52 succumbed, while seven people from Nepal were admitted to hospital, of whom three died.

India
                                1 more die of JE; death count reaches 582
                                Gorakhpur | Sunday, Dec 9 2012 IST

The toll due to mosquito-borne Japanese Encephalitis today climbed to 58, following the death of one more child at Baba Raghav Das Medical College here. According to health department sources, the child, who fell prey to JE in the last 24 hours, hailed from Maharajganj district. Since January 1, 3,485 people have been admitted to various hospitals, of whom 582 died. Four fresh JE case has come to fore at Baba Raghav Das Medical College in the last 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X